Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Europa League Fantasy football 2012/2013

2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 547 ✭✭✭shayno90

16:45 deadline for transfers today. Early kickoff out somewhere in/near Russia.

• Registered Users Posts: 370 ✭✭Skippy44

Not much interest in this, just bumped this thread from page 8! Anyway I've stuck with it and done well, but I could do with some advice from the forum before the final. For the final, each player has 6 transfers and can pick up to 12 players from either team. My current squad is as follows..

Artur (+1 eliminated)

Luiz, Azpilicueta, (+3 eliminated)

Hazard, Lampard, Gaitan, (+2 eliminated)

Cardozo, Lima, Torres.

I'm trying to maintain a 10 point lead, and I reckon that the worst result for me would be a low scoring win to nil or even 0-0 and then penalties. It would be possible for those chasing me to field the whole Chelsea or Benfica team in a 5-3-2 formation and score 36 points from their defence alone. I've been playing 3-4-3 but do I change to 4 or even 5 at the back. My head is mangled, help please :confused:

That Ivanovic goal just cost me a holiday worth 10k. Sick as the proverbial parrot. Ah well

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,962 ✭✭✭Hogey007

Skippy44 wrote: »
    That Ivanovic goal just cost me a holiday worth 10k. Sick as the proverbial parrot. Ah well

really??? fcuking hell!! was that the actual overall game prize?

Yes, a holiday worth €10,000 to any one of 200 countries worldwide. I was 7 points ahead going into injury time but nearest rival had Ivanovic (c), I'd Cashley. Lost by 5. A sickener but what can you do :(.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,962 ✭✭✭Hogey007

Yes, a holiday worth €10,000 to any one of 200 countries worldwide. I was 7 points ahead going into injury time but nearest rival had Ivanovic (c), I'd Cashley. Lost by 5. A sickener but what can you do :(.

fcking hell, mate, that's unlucky to say the least! i was in foul mood all day yesterday over my decision not to bring in santi for FPL which has cost me any chance of €600 so i can only imagine how p**sed off you'd be.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

so unlucky that must be heartbreaking some achievement finishing 2nd, do you get anything for it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,600 ✭✭✭roryc

Disgusting luck. I lost top spot in a €1k league last year when Aguero scored but yours is considerably worse.

Thanks for the replies lads. There's no mention of a second prize on UEFA site, but I'll email them anyway. Will have to console myself with the €200 goody bag of footy gear I won for finishing 3rd after the group stage :). Needless to say I've a pain in my scrot with FF at the minute so kinda glad the season is at an end now. No doubt I'll be back for more punishment next season.

Advertisement