Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

iOS 6 Megathread - All iOS 6 discussion goes here

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,034 ✭✭✭mad muffin

Inquitus wrote: »
    tumblr_mansd4ynYN1rhptwbo1_1280.png

I just get some town in Swizerland :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 414 ✭✭Fuh Q

PapaQuebec wrote: »
    Getting exactly the same - I can install new apps, but I can't get updates - just "cannot connect to iTunes"

I just tried mine and its the same "cannot connect to Itunes" . I tried again and the app opened but there is nothin in it, guess itunes is down ?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,678 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sad Professor

Auto-brightness is broken, I see.

Just noticed this...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,001 ✭✭✭✭opinion guy

:eek:

• Advertisement

I just went to Apples site and clicked on support and got this -

Service Unavailable - DNS failure

The server is temporarily unable to service your request. Please try again later.
    Reference #11.447e7a5c.1348163958.76b4eef

• Registered Users Posts: 34 billy87

my wifi is ****ed! if my phone is idle for a while it just cuts off.

Fuh Q wrote: »
    I just went to Apples site and clicked on support and got this -

Service Unavailable - DNS failure

The server is temporarily unable to service your request. Please try again later.
    Reference #11.447e7a5c.1348163958.76b4eef

Must be you. I got the proper support page.

mad muffin wrote: »
    Must be you. I got the proper support page.

Did you try follow the process to contact support ?

Did you try follow the process to contact support ?

Yep, goes through ok.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,330 ✭✭✭readytosnap

The swipe up ( for incoming call) didn't work for me initially i turned the phone off and then on again and it worked fine, i have just been on itunes (7pm) and downloaded the you tube app, connected straight away and wifi doesn't seem to be any slower, the update to the software took almost an hour last night but everything seems to be working just fine ( apart from the bad maps but that is an problem everyone will have), so can't complain really,it took 5 attempts to install the last update ( the one that didn't fix the battery issue)

My app store app and my itunes app are not working right , I just tried my ulster bank app and it wont open ,says no internet connection yet wifi signal is strong and I can use safari get mail ect. getting annoying now ??

• Registered Users Posts: 671 ✭✭✭NIALL D

havin a few problems since i updated last night...

my push mail isnt working , only when i go into mail and refresh then the emails come through .... has happened 5 times today , every time the emails were a few hours old !!
    before i updated they always came through when they were sent !!

check settings but everything is fine .... ???

wifi is fcuked !! constantly coming and going .. it might connect , then it could disconnect after 5 seconds or 30 seconds or a few minutes.....

any help appreciated...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,199 ✭✭✭G-Money

Anyone tried it on their 3GS yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,495 ✭✭✭✭guil

My app store app and my itunes app are not working right , I just tried my ulster bank app and it wont open ,says no internet connection yet wifi signal is strong and I can use safari get mail ect. getting annoying now ??
    same problem with the UB app although it worked fine this morning

I suppose those having problems should try a clean install but it's a PITA.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,792 ✭✭✭mailforkev

Just noticed a creepy thing on Maps. I went to type in my parents address and as I typed the house number it came up in auto-suggest as "Parents" and their full address.

I am racking my brain to think where I may have marked the address as them anywhere ever but to no avail. I don't even have an address attached to either of their names in contacts. Also it doesn't have their names, simply "Parents"

My own address comes up as "Home", but at least my Apple ID has this attached to it which would explain it.

Freaky.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,048 ✭✭✭OU812

^ They're in your contacts

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 8,679 Mod ✭✭✭✭Rew

G-Money wrote: »
    Anyone tried it on their 3GS yet?

Yeah, wifi was a bit dodge initially but seemed to be a teething issue and has been fine since. No other issues, seems fine.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,199 ✭✭✭G-Money

Rew wrote: »
    Yeah, wifi was a bit dodge initially but seemed to be a teething issue and has been fine since. No other issues, seems fine.

How is it speed wise? My 3GS seems to be so slow these days. Wondering does iOS6 make it worse.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 601 ✭✭✭mgsrocks

Upgraded to ios 6 this morning and now whenever I send a text to multiple recipients it's going as an mms.

I spent nearly €10 euro since mms arnt included in my plan.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭jack presley

mgsrocks wrote: »
    Upgraded to ios 6 this morning and now whenever I send a text to multiple recipients it's going as an mms.

I spent nearly €10 euro since mms arnt included in my plan.

Can't you turn MMS off in the settings under messages?

OU812 wrote: »
    ^ They're in your contacts

Yeah, but they're in seperately as their full names, no mention of them being my folks. Not as if they're the only others with my surname either, I have friends with same surname and my sister too in contacts.

There must be some explanation but I can't think of it at all yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 8 pobnam

Woefully underwhelmed by ios6... Same problem as mentioned above with ulster bank... Also the removal of YouTube that was kept v quiet..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,835 ✭✭✭✭cloud493

My podcasts are still in the music folder :pac: and I noticed my youtube favorites are now in my bookmarks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,150 ✭✭✭Johnmb

mailforkev wrote: »
    Yeah, but they're in seperately as their full names, no mention of them being my folks. Not as if they're the only others with my surname either, I have friends with same surname and my sister too in contacts.

There must be some explanation but I can't think of it at all yet.
    Did you tell Siri that x is my mother and/or y is my father?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,433 ✭✭✭Josey Wales

pobnam wrote: »
    Woefully underwhelmed by ios6... Same problem as mentioned above with ulster bank... Also the removal of YouTube that was kept v quiet..

This has actually been known for some time. Google themselves will be launching a YouTube app in the App Store soon enough. It will be similar to the Android version and much better than the current iOS native YouTube app.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,467 ✭✭✭SweetCaliber

This has actually been known for some time. Google themselves will be launching a YouTube app in the App Store soon enough. It will be similar to the Android version and much better than the current iOS native YouTube app.

It's already available ;) It's much better then the one on IOS5 and downwards.

now all google need to do is make a maps app and we're flying :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 17,434 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

^^ + 1..it's miles better than the stock app...youtube was frakking painful on the iphone/ipad and I stopped using it on both as it was so bad..

• Advertisement

Johnmb wrote: »
    Did you tell Siri that x is my mother and/or y is my father?

Only have a 4 so don't have Siri. I'm sure I'll figure it out but for now I'm stumped.

Advertisement