Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

iOS 6 Megathread - All iOS 6 discussion goes here

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 141 ✭✭amg-slurp

Random alarm went off tonight at 9.38pm. Not set in my list of alarms. Odd.

Other than that, all seems good. Tidy, clean look to all apps now, although music player is very bright!!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,441 ✭✭✭JoeA3

I just noticed the new "auto reply to caller with a text" feature and that is very handy. It's something I'm sure I had in an old Sony Ericsson 6 years ago though!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,147 ✭✭✭shanec1928

have they got rid of the feature to hide apps that you have deleted off your iphone

• Registered Users Posts: 28,476 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

pobnam wrote: »
    Woefully underwhelmed by ios6... Same problem as mentioned above with ulster bank... Also the removal of YouTube that was kept v quiet..

Sorry but if you didn't know that

Stock You Tube app was going

and

Google's new You Tube App has been top of free downloads in App store for last week

then I don't see how you can say that iOS 6 is underwhelming as I don't think you have checked any of the new features.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,273 ✭✭✭EuskalHerria

A popular opinion in here I'm sure. Updated to ios6 last night and have absolutely no complaints. I wasn't expecting much but got a lot more than I assumed would be with the update.

It took a while to download but when I had it all set up it seems like my phone is running smoother and the integration of facebook is handy as well.

When the google maps app is put on the app store it'll be a welcome development but everything else seems to be well worth the wait.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,408 ✭✭✭naasrd

Woefully underwhelmed by ios6... Same problem as mentioned above with ulster bank... Also the removal of YouTube that was kept v quiet..

Ulster Bank was working last night for me after I updated. Not connecting today at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 414 ✭✭Fuh Q

naasrd wrote: »
    Ulster Bank was working last night for me after I updated. Not connecting today at all.

Ulsterbank may have to release an update to allow the app function on ios6

• Registered Users Posts: 612 ✭✭✭Qwerty Dub

Kept quiet? Have you been living under a rock for the last 3 months?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 263 ✭✭Light Switch

Got a 4S yesterday, Updated to IOS6 today and so far only problem is text cursor has disapeared?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,408 ✭✭✭naasrd

Fuh Q wrote: »
    Ulsterbank may have to release an update to allow the app function on ios6

Just checked and it's working again.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 11,835 ✭✭✭✭cloud493

To be fair, the youtube app was ****e :pac:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,322 ✭✭✭Package

Yeah YouTube was ****e. But the problem is now ya can't listen to YouTube , only watch it?

Before I used to play a video , lock the screen. Double tap the home button, and press play. To save battery. Now when ya do the it just plays your music :-(

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

I like it so far, only thing I dont is the very top of the screen where the signal bars, time, battery life etc is now blue, i keep thinking my hotspot is turned on

• Registered Users Posts: 612 ✭✭✭Qwerty Dub

krudler wrote: »
    I like it so far, only thing I dont is the very top of the screen where the signal bars, time, battery life etc is now blue, i keep thinking my hotspot is turned on

+1

• Registered Users Posts: 2,475 ✭✭✭skinny90

All in all pretty good,safari is loading up very quick,anyone else having bother with the App Store?mine won't let me access any content....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,330 ✭✭✭readytosnap

no problems here with the app store or any of my apps, but the top of my screen is not blue :confused::confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,330 ✭✭✭readytosnap

so should i turn limited ad tracking on or leave it off??

settings,general,about,advertising

• Registered Users Posts: 144 ✭✭mitsybaby

Does Anyone know a good YouTube app for the iPad? There's one called youpad which you have to pay for, I'm a bit ragin over YouTube going.

Edit: i Found a way to put YouTube in amongst the apps.. You go to the website and click the share button beside the address bar! :)

Siri seriously needs looking at... Instead of saying something is close to me, like a restaurant etc.. It says 'in a while you'? Very strange, bad broken English!. And it hasn't a clue what's close to me.. I asked where the nearest Starbucks is, it's Liffey valley, and it just threw out a few of the Dublin city ones, and please hurry up google maps!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,359 ✭✭✭DubDJ

Running iOS 6 now on my iPhone 4 and new iPad (3rd generation).

So far I'm happy overall. Few problems. Wifi on my iPhone 4 is dreadful. Before it was stronger than my iPad but now the 4's signal is really bad. Auto brightness as said. Passbook isn't supported for anything yet. Maps on the iPhone 4 is terrible. But the iPad Maps are much better.

Overall no problems. All apps running smoothly. Been updating them all regularly though. Whole update process was flawless. Phone is running smoother and faster now. A good update overall

Little tip on the Maps from Google. They've now said its already been submitted to the App Store. Just up to Apple to approve it now. So we could have it any day. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,499 ✭✭✭IamMetaldave

App queuing and not having to put your password in for updating apps is great!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,034 ✭✭✭mad muffin

My sister in law just upgraded her 4S.

She has the new @me email from Apple but in iCloud email is turned off and when she turned it on its asking her to create a new @iCloud email address.

Her @me email is working fine but obviously it's not being backed up to her iCloud.

How can this be fixed?

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 35,943 Mod ✭✭✭✭dr.bollocko

The maps.

OH MY F*CKING GOD THEY SUCK.

Absolutely jaysus sickened by that.

On the upside I got siri on my ipad finally.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

no problems here with the app store or any of my apps, but the top of my screen is not blue :confused::confused:

mine isnt on the homescreen only in sms, some apps and settings etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,323 ✭✭✭brophs

mitsybaby wrote: »
    Does Anyone know a good YouTube app for the iPad? There's one called youpad which you have to pay for, I'm a bit ragin over YouTube going.

Edit: i Found a way to put YouTube in amongst the apps.. You go to the website and click the share button beside the address bar! :)

Siri seriously needs looking at... Instead of saying something is close to me, like a restaurant etc.. It says 'in a while you'? Very strange, bad broken English!. And it hasn't a clue what's close to me.. I asked where the nearest Starbucks is, it's Liffey valley, and it just threw out a few of the Dublin city ones, and please hurry up google maps!

There's an official YouTube app.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 35,943 Mod ✭✭✭✭dr.bollocko

o44nv.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 661 ✭✭✭thewing

Maps - this is an embarrassment for Apple, one I feel should impact the share price (prob won't) to wake them up

Overall, everything runs a little bit slicker on my 4

Begs the question now for me - why bother with the 5? An extra row of icons? Couple more megapixel in a camera I don't really use? Siri?!

Think i'll hold of for the 5s

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,820 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Two quick questions is this worth getting if you only have an iPhone4, I've noticed a lot of the updates state iPhone 4S & iPhone 5 only.

Any does anyone have any idea when/if google will release a google maps app?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,147 ✭✭✭Passenger

Not a major improvement but it does seem to run a little smoother. As mentioned above, it kinda renders updating to a iPhone 5 a little more redundant just for a slightly longer screen.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,835 ✭✭✭✭cloud493

I tried putting in swords pavillions into maps, came up with somewhere in America. Tried putting the word Dublin on the end, no results found :o

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 8,679 Mod ✭✭✭✭Rew

G-Money wrote: »
    How is it speed wise? My 3GS seems to be so slow these days. Wondering does iOS6 make it worse.

Feels good. I normally use a 4S but its back with Apple for repair (on/off button stopped working) and I havent struggled too much with the step back to the 3GS. It sluggish in spots (rapid changing between screen and apps) but over all I think its pretty good.

Advertisement