Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

iOS 6 Megathread - All iOS 6 discussion goes here

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,520 ✭✭✭Tea 1000

Attached find print screen of App Store top charts, and also search results for YouTube in search box. No App from Google there!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,278 ✭✭✭mackerski

Tea 1000 wrote: »
    Explained to who? I don't follow all things Apple like a sheep, so I may have missed that.
    And I don't bother checking charts if I want to find something in App Store, I usually type exactly what I'm looking for and expect the results to show it to me if it's there.
    So following your instructions, I've searched the charts, and no sign.

If you are using an iPad that's expected, I think. Annoying, but expected. An iPad version will no doubt be along.

• Registered Users Posts: 183 ✭✭brian_bugle

So following your instructions, I've searched the charts, and no sign.

Not sure I understand the problem - I went into the App store after upgrading yesterday and using the search facility typed in "youtube" and it was the first thing that came up.

It's not appearing in your store?
    Weird!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,789 ✭✭✭nicklauski

Has any one been having problems with iMessages since updating to iOS 6? I've updated my 4s and it was working fine yesterday morning (on iOS6) but then last night and today it's not working.
    Anyone any ideas.

Apologies if it's already been mentioned.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,485 ✭✭✭harr

NIALL D wrote: »
    anyone ?? :confused:
    My wifi is all over the place as well and siri has stopped working on the ipad, the 4s seems ok :confused:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,905 ✭✭✭bucks73

Attached find print screen of App Store top charts, and also search results for YouTube in search box. No App from Google there!

The new Youtube app is an iPhone app. Google are working on an iPad version but according to Mashable the iPhone app will work on the iPad.

http://mashable.com/2012/09/11/youtube-iphone/

I presume you would have to download the App from the iPhone section on the App Store on iTunes and then add it to your iPad by syncing.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,485 ✭✭✭harr

anybody elses siri on the blink?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,573 ✭✭✭DeSelby83

harr wrote: »
    anybody elses siri on the blink?

Ye it's been coming and going all day on my iPad. I'm sure it'll settle down in a few days

• Registered Users Posts: 2,408 ✭✭✭naasrd

nicklauski wrote: »
    Has any one been having problems with iMessages since updating to iOS 6? I've updated my 4s and it was working fine yesterday morning (on iOS6) but then last night and today it's not working.
    Anyone any ideas.

Apologies if it's already been mentioned.

I'm getting some contacts dropping on and off it today.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,581 ✭✭✭barryd09

Any reports from ios6 on a 3gs? Does it impact on speed at all? Good or bad?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,503 ✭✭✭adamski8

barryd09 wrote: »
    Any reports from ios6 on a 3gs? Does it impact on speed at all? Good or bad?

slower to me

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

Karsini wrote: »
    I wouldn't be surprised if Apple drew the old "duplicates core iOS functionality" card as an excuse to reject it.

"duplicates core iOS funtionality...by, y'know...better"

• Registered Users Posts: 555 ✭✭✭PapaQuebec

Might not be an iOS6 issue but I'll post anyway.....

I use a Proporta Turbocharger 7000 portable battery pack to top-up my iPhone 4 (and other devices) from time to time.

Last evening I was asked to upgrade a friends iPhone 4 to iOS6, which took only a few mins as I have downloaded all the .ipsw files to my HDD.

A few minutes later - by now in the local:) - he asked to borrow the Proporta as his battery was at 10%.

Once the battery reached about 15% a message popped-up on the phone: "Charging is not supported with this accessory"!!!

I connected it to my iPhone 4 (at 76% charge) and immediately received the same message!

In all I tried 5 phones - 4 and 4S's - non would charge!

I then tried an Apple sync cable and normal service was resumed!!

Has iOS6 altered some of the pin allocations and/or functions?

Any help appreciated!!

Papa

• Registered Users Posts: 39,938 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

Passbook now has united airlines, Lufthansa, American Airlines,ihotels in it now.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,359 ✭✭✭DubDJ

Itssoeasy wrote: »
    Passbook now has united airlines, Lufthansa, American Airlines,ihotels in it now.
    Still getting cannot connect to iTunes Store when I click on the passbook app and click the App Store button.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,467 ✭✭✭SweetCaliber

DubDJ wrote: »
    Still getting cannot connect to iTunes Store when I click on the passbook app and click the App Store button.

Don't think it's available in the Irish App Store yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,938 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

DubDJ wrote: »

I clicked the passbook go to App Store and those are there and I'm in Ireland.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,467 ✭✭✭SweetCaliber

Wait never mind, rebooted my iPhone and huzzah! They're there!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,437 ✭✭✭✭El Guapo!

Downloaded this last night for my 4s and I don't like it.
    • The maps thing is a disaster. It's nice that it speaks to you and all but the maps are far inferior to Google.
    • Removing YouTube was stupid too. (although I downloaded the app straight away)
    • I don't like the new colour scheme. - I think the keypad when dialing a number looks awful.
    • iTunes is acting up all day and keeps saying "Cannot connect to i Tunes"
    • My contacts were all messed up due to Facebook integration. I switched that off altogether.
    • Everything else is gimmicky. The panoramic feature on the camera is useless too.
    • Passbook is useless as it doesn't connect to the store whatsoever.
    • And I have noticed no improvement in Safari.

Overall, I regret upgrading.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,476 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

2 things.

Why are iPhone users complaining about You Tube being dropped when there is a better and free app available in App Store?

Passbook: It's now connecting to Itunes but will people realise it depends on companies providing apps to make it useful to us so we'd need the likes of Tesco and Superquinn etc to give us our loyalty cards and Aer Lingus to give us boarding cards. It will all come good in time.

• Advertisement

murpho999 wrote: »
    2 things.

Why are iPhone users complaining about You Tube being dropped when there is a better and free app available in App Store?

My gripe was that Apple just dropped it altogether and left it at that. Why didn't they drop the old one and automatically replace it with the new app?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,835 ✭✭✭✭cloud493

To download podcasts off the store, need the new app >.<

Dean09 wrote: »
    My gripe was that Apple just dropped it altogether and left it at that. Why didn't they drop the old one and automatically replace it with the new app?

Because they have ended their relationship with Google who are big competition to them now.

Makes sense in fairness. Why should they promote a competitor?

Because they have ended their relationship with Google who are big competition to them now.

Makes sense in fairness. Why should they promote a competitor?

Fair point I suppose.
    But if they want nothing to do with them then why is Google still the default search engine?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,706 ✭✭✭120_Minutes

while the new app is an improvement in some ways, one big drawback is airplay. you now have to enable mirroring to airplay to the apple tv. now this makes it a little more awkward, but if you have a 4 or lower you cant even mirror. so updating removes one of the reasons i love the apple ecosystem.

that and the maps fiasco are keeping me on 5.1.1

Dean09 wrote: »
    Fair point I suppose.
    But if they want nothing to do with them then why is Google still the default search engine?

it doesnt have to be, you can change it, and you could for a while now.

it doesnt have to be, you can change it, and you could for a while now.

Oh I know that. I was just wondering why they kept it as the default if they want to sever all ties with Google.

• Registered Users Posts: 414 ✭✭Fuh Q

For anyone still having problems with connecting to the app store or itunes, turn your phone off and back on, if this does not work, turn it off again and reset your internet/router , when the signal is back turn the phone back on and you should be ok.

so, its been jailbroken. what are the chances of the original youtube/google maps being reinstalled via cydia? i'd only update if this were possible.

• Advertisement

so, its been jailbroken. what are the chances of the original youtube/google maps being reinstalled via cydia? i'd only update if this were possible.

Why would you want the original You Tube app?

Also, maps, definitely is bad but do people really use them that much?

Hardly use it myself in normal day to day life so wouldn't be a dealbreaker.

Advertisement