Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

iOS 6 Megathread - All iOS 6 discussion goes here

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 214 ✭✭shaneb92

Why did apple separate podcasts from where they were previously and make a sh1tty app for them??? How do they benefit from it??

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 5,175 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr Moon

shaneb92 wrote: »
    Why did apple separate podcasts from where they were previously and make a sh1tty app for them??? How do they benefit from it??

I hate it, downloaded podcasts are disappearing for me, it's not updating like it should!! Bring back the old way FFS!!

Mr Moon wrote: »
    I hate it, downloaded podcasts are disappearing for me, it's not updating like it should!! Bring back the old way FFS!!

Its pointless like, dont know why they changed it

• Registered Users Posts: 856 ✭✭✭Battleflag

murpho999 wrote: »
    Exactly, especially as the old maps didn't have turn by turn navigation.

Used it the odd time for Street view if I was looking for a shop or something.

Apple maps is definitely poor but I do wonder how many people use a map app so much to find places.
    Recently moved to Scotland so having the maps is quite essential for find my way around, the new maps are so bad. Half the time I enter address they direct to me to a different town!

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

Mr Moon wrote: »

I hate it, I usually listen to podcasts and music while driving, so it was a quick couple of taps to bring up podcasts before now you have to launch the app, hope anything you downloaded is actually there, and if you want to listen on 3G wait an age for it to open whereas before it was almost instant, gahhhh.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,495 ✭✭✭✭guil

Anyone else notice if you reboot the phone using sleep and home buttons the slide to power off notice doesn't appear anymore. First time I tried it yesterday I got a bit of an oh oh moment when the screen just went blank

Seems to be a bit quicker through the whole process aswell

• Registered Users Posts: 746 ✭✭✭Vim Fuego

I had switched to a podcast app called podcaster a while ago. It was a better solution than connecting to itunes constantly for me (and I think itunes wasn't marking listened podcasts as played). I also preferred it to the official podcasts app.

Of course, now they have updated the app for iOS6 and have completely screwed it up so it is now worse than the official app :(

It's a tough time to be a podcast listener. Anyone use downcast?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,176 ✭✭✭vinnycoyne

Instacast is the bee's knees. The official Apple podcasting app is janky as hell.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭jack presley

vinnycoyne wrote: »
    Instacast is the bee's knees. The official Apple podcasting app is janky as hell.
    Another good app for podcasts is rssradio. Does everything I need it to do

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,237 ✭✭✭iregk

I think the podcast app has great potential but it's just completely unreliable at the minute. Podcasts don't download automatically for me, despite setting it to and even using cell data. When it downloads it doesn't remove all but the previous one as per how I have it set so still have to manually delete them.

Also even though I've set some to "all played" with each new download this setting gets reset so this morning I downloaded the new Football Weekly and again now apparently I have 218 unplayed pod casts.

Annoying, how on earth can any company release something so shabby?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,992 ✭✭✭boccy23

The thing I hate about it is the 10 seconds it takes to open once you select it. Just this grey screen for what seems like an age.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,293 ✭✭✭1ZRed

My phone still connects to the Australian store recently after iOS 6. I connected it to iTunes to sync the stores but it still doesn't work!

Any sort of fix for this? I can't even update my apps.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,645 ✭✭✭Luckycharms_74

Hi all

I installed ios6 but facetime over 3g does not seem to have the option. I'm on three network. Is it possible for them to block facetime over 3g ?.
    I have attached screen shot. There is no option to use facetime over cellular.

VCIXJl.jpg

I used this article explaining how facetime over 3g should work.

dxoFXl.jpg

http://howto.cnet.com/8301-11310_39-57507708-285/how-to-enable-facetime-over-3g-with-ios-6/

• Registered Users Posts: 227 ✭✭boreder

It only works on the iPhone 4S and 5. Which one have you got?

The option to use mobile data is at the very end of that screen.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,645 ✭✭✭Luckycharms_74

boreder wrote: »
    It only works on the iPhone 4S and 5. Which one have you got?

The option to use mobile data is at the very end of that screen.

Thanks for that :o. Its only Iphone 4 :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 7,783 ✭✭✭Benimar

Vim Fuego wrote: »
    It's a tough time to be a podcast listener. Anyone use downcast?

Yes. Using it the last few days. Works quite well. Can set it up to only download over wifi, but you must open the app for downloads to start.

Been running smoothly, will all podcasts being downloaded and none going missing! There is the option to set up a playlist, but I haven't done it yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,008 ✭✭✭colly10

Tripadvisor is using apple maps and I've just found out Monte Carlo harbour is near bushy park. So not only are the maps rubbish, they're ruining other maps too

Some lighthouse in Tralee is just down the road from me too despite being in dublin

I can't believe they released an app that other apps rely on in such poor condition

• Registered Users Posts: 5,359 ✭✭✭DubDJ

Hasn't been posted yet but,

Google added street view to the mobile web version of their maps. So now going to maps.google.com will let you access street view. Which is handy in the meantime. Supposed to work really smoothly too.

Also two new accommodation booking apps have been added to passbook.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,008 ✭✭✭colly10

I've found the location services to be fairly poor on the web version. Hopefully they get an app sorted soon.

When the app is available is there any way to make it the default so my other apps use it rather than using the rubbish data from apple maps?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,441 ✭✭✭JoeA3

colly10 wrote: »
    I've found the location services to be fairly poor on the web version. Hopefully they get an app sorted soon.

When the app is available is there any way to make it the default so my other apps use it rather than using the rubbish data from apple maps?

Probably not. Same if you install Chrome. The phone will always use safari to open links, etc.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,110 ✭✭✭moggser

howerya's any body having any hassles with the Gmail app not sending notification to new mail?? have to go get them manually on the iphone 5?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,681 ✭✭✭ziggy

This post has been deleted.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 16,610 CMod ✭✭✭✭faceman

Not sure if this is an iPhone 5 thing or iOS 6 thing but I swear this is true!

Was pulling photos off my phone this morning and there were 2 photos that weren't mine in my photo album.

No one has had my phone, and these weren't screen grabs. They seem to be amateur holiday snaps. When I click on photo locations, they don't show up. I can't make out people in them so I have no idea who or where they were taken but it certainly isn't Ireland.

Very freaky.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,630 ✭✭✭Plowman

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,326 ✭✭✭Zapp Brannigan

Could they be someone's shared photo stream?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,919 ✭✭✭Storm 10

Any word on an iOS6.1 to fix all the bugs?

faceman wrote: »
    Not sure if this is an iPhone 5 thing or iOS 6 thing but I swear this is true!

Was pulling photos off my phone this morning and there were 2 photos that weren't mine in my photo album.

No one has had my phone, and these weren't screen grabs. They seem to be amateur holiday snaps. When I click on photo locations, they don't show up. I can't make out people in them so I have no idea who or where they were taken but it certainly isn't Ireland.

Very freaky.

Thats scary, does that mean that ur photos could be on someone elses phone aswell?? Maybe there "example" photos that come on the phone? You use any downloaded photo apps?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 16,610 CMod ✭✭✭✭faceman

shaneb92 wrote: »
    [
    Thats scary, does that mean that ur photos could be on someone elses phone aswell?? Maybe there "example" photos that come on the phone? You use any downloaded photo apps?

No don't have any other photo apps bar Instagram. Deffo not stock or example photos as the photos are very amateur. They didn't show up as new photos either. They appeared in the album from a date perspective from about 3 weeks ago

It's quite a concern!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,843 ✭✭✭Jimdagym

Storm 10 wrote: »
    Any word on an iOS6.1 to fix all the bugs?

What bugs?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,817 ✭✭✭phill106

Jimdagym wrote: »
    What bugs?

hmmm i dont know, maybe apple maps? Granted you could say it was an app, but it came with ios6!

Advertisement