Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Final Build

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 380 ✭✭-( i )- Wicker

If you ever plan on going SLI you'll need the extreme4, and in that case its recommended you use a 700w psu minimum. Otherwise you could get the pro4 and a cheaper psu (the superflower amazon 550w is regularly recommended here).

Also, kind of a personal opinion but I'd go with a WD caviar blue hard drive over a seagate as they seem to be a little more reliable and have a longer warranty (2 years as opposed to 1).

• Registered Users Posts: 18 Thunderspeed

If you ever plan on going SLI you'll need the extreme4, and in that case its recommended you use a 700w psu minimum. Otherwise you could get the pro4 and a cheaper psu (the superflower amazon 550w is regularly recommended here).

Also, kind of a personal opinion but I'd go with a WD caviar blue hard drive over a seagate as they seem to be a little more reliable and have a longer warranty (2 years as opposed to 1).

Yes the main reason I was looking at the extreme was for the SLI and I was going to go with 750w but decided against it just until I got confirmation.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,577 ✭✭✭spix

A good 650w psu is plenty for gtx 670 in SLI. You won't need 800w.

When I had a single one my system never used more than 200w gaming, and never more than 550w with gtx 570 in sli which uses more power than the 670's.

That psu only comes with 2 pci-e cables so can't have SLI which is a bit silly considering the older hx650 which is 80 plus bronze comes with 4.

• Advertisement

Corsair Enthusiast Series Modular TX650M, 650Watt

Work in its place ? (Sorry only a quick google to make sure)

Corsair Enthusiast Series Modular TX650M, 650Watt

Work in its place ? (Sorry only a quick google to make sure)

Nope that only comes with 2 also judging from the spec's on corsairs website

Looks like the only 650 modular on hwvs that comes with 4 are the seasonic x and bequiet ones.

spix wrote: »
    Nope that only comes with 2 also judging from the spec's on corsairs website

Looks like the only 650 modular on hwvs that comes with 4 are the seasonic x and bequiet ones.

LMAO my original one : Seasonic X-660, 660 Watt

Advertisement