Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Mc Donalds or Burger King delivered to your door!!

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 34,567 ✭✭✭✭Biggins

I think €3 is decent.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,704 ✭✭✭squod

I want a big mac NOW

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

They will do well with breakfast deliverys on a Sunday morning

• Closed Accounts Posts: 786 ✭✭✭Kurz

I wonder is this even legal?

The banner on the top of the page looks like it was written by a five year old also.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,109 ✭✭✭Cavehill Red

Local kids will probably dump crap at your doorstep for free.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 738 ✭✭✭crazy cabbage

Crappy convenience food just got more convenient

Facepalm

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,058 ✭✭✭✭Abi

Misleading title, it's not fast food places that are delivering, it's someone who sees a niche market for people that wont get off their holes and get the food themselves.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,456 ✭✭✭westies4ever

McDonald's and Burger king go cold really quickly though for some reason!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,405 ✭✭✭Lone Stone

aw hells yes !

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,689 ✭✭✭Tombi!

Didn't we have the same thread about two years ago?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

McDonald's and Burger king go cold really quickly though for some reason!

True fcuk 'em,I get my stuff delivered from a real chipper.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,069 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

There's plenty of cab companies that do pretty much the same thing if requested. I bet it'd cost a lot more than €3 though.

I'd love some nuggets and chips and apple pie now

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,938 ✭✭✭mackg

Abi wrote: »
    Misleading title, it's not fast food places that are delivering, it's someone who sees a niche market for people that wont get off their holes and get the food themselves.

What's the difference between that and any other delivery service? :confused:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 34,567 ✭✭✭✭Biggins

zerks wrote: »

Same here.
    We (wife and I) do our best to support local chippers.
    (Their portions are usually bigger anyway) :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,515 ✭✭✭✭admiralofthefleet

some poor hoor driving around ballymun with takeaway, he wont last pissing time

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,455 ✭✭✭Where To

I can't to seem to find where it says they are fully insured to do this for some reason :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,689 ✭✭✭Tombi!

mackg wrote: »
    What's the difference between that and any other delivery service? :confused:

Because if you have a complaint then you can actually complain it was cold/wrong order/etc.
    Two random blokes doing it and with no connection other than "we'll collect it for you" is dodgy.

• Registered Users Posts: 264 ✭✭Leejo

So do they pay for your food and then you pay them back on delivery? That will get messy quick

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,938 ✭✭✭mackg

Because if you have a complaint then you can actually complain it was cold/wrong order/etc.
    Two random blokes doing it and with no connection other than "we'll collect it for you" is dodgy.

We used get a taxi to go and buy drink for us years ago, seems like the same kind of deal. I'd have no problem using it.

EDIT: Yeah I get the difference it's the part in bold I'm referring to, all delivery services are there to serve people who won't get off their hole to get the food.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

Leejo wrote: »
    So do they pay for your food and then you pay them back on delivery? That will get messy quick

Warrayatalkinabout i gave you da bleedin' money

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,631 ✭✭✭Aint Eazy Being Cheezy

mackg wrote: »
    We used get a taxi to go and buy drink for us years ago, seems like the same kind of deal. I'd have no problem using it.

Yes but most off licences will accept undelivered booze back from taxi drivers and issue a refund. Guarantee these fast food restaurants won't.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

the hell with that, McD's chips get cold from the walk from the counter to your seat never mind a delivery time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 686 ✭✭✭joegriffinjnr

Ill give it a bash Saturday and report back, if only I could find the phone number though...

Leejo wrote: »

AHHH Heeeyer, leevirrow.

;)

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

With the added price you may as well buy decent food

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 21,601 Mod ✭✭✭✭Brian?

zerks wrote: »

Indeed. If you're going to eat unhealthy at least make it tasty.

I will never, ever understand the popularity of McDonalds. It's pure ****e.

they/them/theirs

And so on, and so on …. - Slavoj Žižek

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,117 ✭✭✭shanered

Unless they've pimped their mobile out with a heating appliance of some sort!

http://http://cdn.slashgear.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/12/wavebox-portable-microwave-oven-10.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,128 ✭✭✭✭aaronjumper

I'd be happy if this was about burger king.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,293 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

I might get the very very odd Angus Burger from BK if the delivery was free, and there was absolutly nothing else open.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,056 ✭✭✭Sparks43

10 portions of chilli cheese bites please

yum

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,535 ✭✭✭Raekwon

Great idea, lazy fat fúckers can now ring in a wider selection of junk food from the comfort of their own sofa.

Would you like fries with that heart attack?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,184 ✭✭✭3ndahalfof6

Yep they are guessing yis are not getting fat enough, so to help yis they will send it to your door, hell forbid you might lose weight collecting it.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,010 ✭✭✭saiint

as soon as that number goes up
    i guarrentee they will be out of pocket every night from the amount of people phoneing to place an order only to have given a fake address haha
    no refunds :P classic haha

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭starfish90

€3 for delivery?it's obviously not on the eurosaver menu

• Advertisement

starfish90 wrote: »
    €3 for delivery?it's obviously not on the eurosaver menu

But included in the delivery fee is the picking up of the hookers.

• Site Banned Posts: 563 ✭✭✭Wee Willy Harris

saiint wrote: »
    as soon as that number goes up
    i guarrentee they will be out of pocket every night from the amount of people phoneing to place an order only to have given a fake address haha
    no refunds :P classic haha

if you're a saiint; then god forbid let me be a siinner

if you're a saiint; then god forbid let me be a siinner

I dont think god would be happy with that set up.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,136 ✭✭✭✭Rayne Wooney

Are people that desperate for a McDonalds?

If it was Subway or KFC I'd be interested..

Are people that desperate for a McDonalds?

If it was Subway or KFC I'd be interested..

So I see your mid area has grown some.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 22,559 ✭✭✭✭AnonoBoy

You know what's funny to do. After a night of beers, tell your greedy fat friends that are visiting that your local McDonald's does late-night deliveries.

The mere mention of McDonald's + deliveries will have them salivating like Pavlov's dog.

Hunt around for the number for ages, all the time talking about bacon double cheese burgers and twisty fries.

Get them all riled up and then admit defeat and say actually it was probably just a dream and there is no delivery service.

If you keep it going for long enough you can actually make a fatty cry with it.

Then lick their tears.

Salty delicious tears.

So I see your mid area has grown some.

It's the beer and hookers I tell yi.. food is good for me

AnonoBoy wrote: »
    You know what's funny to do. After a night of beers, tell your greedy fat friends that are visiting that your local McDonald's does late-night deliveries.

The mere mention of McDonald's + deliveries will have them salivating like Pavlov's dog.

Hunt around for the number for ages, all the time talking about bacon double cheese burgers and twisty fries.

Get them all riled up and then admit defeat and say actually it was probably just a dream and there is no delivery service.

Then lick their tears.

Salty delicious tears.

So you say you know Pavlov's dog, did he lick your face.

Saiint is right though.. may have issues with spelling and punctuation after a bang on the head; may just be yet another typical lad from my area in believing he will be redeemed for his retardedness at the end of the day but mcD's would indeed succumb to such wind ups.

AnonoBoy wrote: »

Then lick their tears.

Salty delicious tears.

I'm no psychiatrist... But that's a bit mental

Saiint is right though.. may have issues with spelling and punctuation after a bang on the head; may just be yet another typical lad from my area in believing he will be redeemed for his retardedness at the end of the day but mcD's would indeed succumb to such wind ups.

Will we see them shuffling across the floor, or table.

Will we see them shuffling across the floor, or table.

Will we see you shutting the f- up?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,798 ✭✭✭speedboatchase

It's called 'McDelivery' here in Qatar and quite cheap. Everywhere delivers over here too - KFC and a few US chains like Dairy Chain for example

Will we see you shutting the f- up?

I was going to report it, but you make perfect sense, are you my wife, I dont mind love, this might be the juncture we need to get over so I can explode your ass,

love you loads (just in case) 3ndhalfof6.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,462 ✭✭✭✭WoollyRedHat

As if Mc Donalds wasn't bad enough, now you only have to walk a few feet and then sit back down again to get it.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement