Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Mc Donalds or Burger King delivered to your door!!

2»

Comments

• Site Banned Posts: 563 ✭✭✭Wee Willy Harris

Tallaght is licking it's lips in anticipation

Domino's; let the competition begin..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,184 ✭✭✭3ndahalfof6

Tallaght is licking it's lips in anticipation

Domino's; let the competition begin..

Like in knocking them over?

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 12,905 Mod ✭✭✭✭JupiterKid

I don't know how this is going to work - McDonalds food really doesn't travel well and it doesn't re-heat well either.

The delivery service might have a market with the late night drunken crowd back at home or looking for brekkers the next day but cold McDs food is pretty rank.

• Registered Users Posts: 511 ✭✭✭delad

JupiterKid wrote: »
    I don't know how this is going to work - McDonalds food really doesn't travel well and it doesn't re-heat well either.

The delivery service might have a market with the late night drunken crowd back at home or looking for brekkers the next day but cold McDs food is pretty rank.

McDonalds food travels fine, I often get it to takeaway and drive 15 minutes home and by the time I eat it its still perfectly warm. And I presume this crowd will be using some container that keeps it warm anyway.

And how the fook is the food pretty rank!? McDonalds fries with salt are absolute heaven. You could offer to pay the worlds best chefs a billion dollars if they can come up with better fries than mc donalds and they would fail miserably. Sometimes in life someone invents something that is just perfect, coca cola is one such product, mc donalds fries are another.

I hate ordering from the local chipper and getting those thick bland tasteless home made chips they do, now they are rank.

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭Ray Dow

Bacon & egg McMuffins in bed nom non nom

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,559 ✭✭✭✭AnonoBoy

I'm no psychiatrist... But that's a bit mental

Thanks. I do my best. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,476 ✭✭✭✭Ush1

McDonalds in Greece deliver on mopeds and its kept warm in a little box.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,508 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Crinklewood

Ush1 wrote: »
    McDonalds in Greece deliver on mopeds and its kept warm in a little box.

Don't you mean "The Frosty Palace"?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,652 ✭✭✭fasttalkerchat

McDonalds gets cold before it arrives and its horrible cold. This has been done already in Dublin 3 years ago!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,370 ✭✭✭✭Son Of A Vidic

Mc Donalds or Burger King delivered to your door!!

Apparently when you achieve loyalty customer status, you get a free trip to Coronary Care.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 661 ✭✭✭Intensive Care Bear

One of my mates father was in the pub with us one night, near closing time he said he was going to order a chinese from the restaurant across the road from the pub. Instead of going in to order he phoned them and asked them to deliver it to his house. He then went across the road and waited by the delivery drivers car so he could get a free lift home with him. Bloody worked too, the crafty bast*rd. I should probably post this in the stingy thread too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 474 ✭✭Quorum

Raekwon wrote: »
    Great idea, lazy fat fúckers can now ring in a wider selection of junk food from the comfort of their own sofa.

Would you like fries with that heart attack?

I'm curious. Have you NEVER ordered any type of takeaway in your life? Because the more usual pizza, Chinese and Indian takeaways wouldn't be any better for a person, and you'd be a rare individual to have never ordered any of these ever. If you have had any of these takeaways, then hello hypocrite!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,462 ✭✭✭✭WoollyRedHat

I'd pay for M & S Cookies to be delivered to my door. I'd love some right now :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,455 ✭✭✭Where To

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,348 ✭✭✭✭starlit

3euro isn't too bad you pay that or even more for some places that deliver. Never knew that burger king and mc donald's started doing deliveries cool!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,489 ✭✭✭Yamanoto

Someone should deliver a Graphic Designer to this crowd, how could you be happy with that?

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Mc-D-Delivery-Service/179625815495418

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 686 ✭✭✭joegriffinjnr

Me and other half just ordered there. 20:40 will post back in a bit with results.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 85 ✭✭N17er

delad wrote: »

I hate ordering from the local chipper and getting those thick bland tasteless home made chips they do, now they are rank.

Huh:eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,206 ✭✭✭✭B.A._Baracus

I give the guy behind this delivery idea 10/10 for thinking outside the box to make some money ... but, i just think its going to end badly.

I mean if he gets anyway popular and starts making money. Mcdonalds are going to come down on him. Not to mention I reckon he'll get alot of bogus calls winding him up. You know yourself.

best of luck to him tho.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,221 ✭✭✭✭m5ex9oqjawdg2i

Fair play to whoever is doing this I say.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,455 ✭✭✭Where To

Get yore McDrugs; dug up n delivered fresh by saiint...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,923 ✭✭✭cloptrop

Im one of them drivers that overtakes you if you stop at the lights and I cant get mcd chips home warm . How could these lads.
    Also you have no come back they can do anything to your grub and have nobody to answer to . Ill hold off until mcds sanction their own man with an oven in the back of his van .
    It has been a thing said by many a young man around this area over the years though why dont mcds deliver. Fair play to the lads for giving it a shot . They will however get undercut or hit for protection money once they start making .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 686 ✭✭✭joegriffinjnr

STUFFED!!!:D Arrived at 21:03 food was piping hot. Order was spot on and driver was sound. So all in all thumps up from me and missus. Dominos night tomorrow though.:p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,763 ✭✭✭✭Crann na Beatha

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,432 ✭✭✭df1985

STUFFED!!!:D Arrived at 21:03 food was piping hot. Order was spot on and driver was sound. So all in all thumps up from me and missus. Dominos night tomorrow though.:p

Im assuming they have some sort of bag to keep it hot? im a few minutes from a mcdonalds drive thru and even with flooring it home its baltic by the time i sit down to eat it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,955 ✭✭✭Cherry_Cola

Has anyone besides the OP used this? Smells like a shill to me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,298 ✭✭✭Namlub

1210m5g wrote: »
    One of my mates father was in the pub with us one night, near closing time he said he was going to order a chinese from the restaurant across the road from the pub. Instead of going in to order he phoned them and asked them to deliver it to his house. He then went across the road and waited by the delivery drivers car so he could get a free lift home with him. Bloody worked too, the crafty bast*rd. I should probably post this in the stingy thread too.

Think someone already did...

df1985 wrote: »
    Im assuming they have some sort of bag to keep it hot? im a few minutes from a mcdonalds drive thru and even with flooring it home its baltic by the time i sit down to eat it.

They hold the bags over a lighter for a minute before they ring your doorbell. If you check closely when you get your food you'll notice the bag is on fire.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,449 ✭✭✭SuperInfinity

Very sad if this becomes widespread and puts the local restaurants/takeaways already struggling out of business. :(

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 169 ✭✭kodoherty93

Mcdonalds delivery is huge in the phillipines. Even though when I was it was the cost about a fifth of Big Mac Meal so I guess €1.50 here

• Registered Users Posts: 511 ✭✭✭delad

Very sad if this becomes widespread and puts the local restaurants/takeaways already struggling out of business. :(

Whys it sad? If their food isn't good enough to compete with mcdonalds food then they should go out of business. I've ordered a fair few times from local chippers and a lot of times the cod hasn't been cooked properly or is just off, and the chips are always bland and tasteless. They only have themselves to blame really.

It won't.

The sort of clowns who set up these things never last long at all. There's no real money in just delivery.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,631 ✭✭✭Aint Eazy Being Cheezy

Can't see them making any money. His profit margin after you discount petrol (ignoring tax and insurance) is tiny, and with no comeback if he cannot deliver the food, one hoax call will wipe out a nights takings.

Full marks for trying, but there's a reason there's no competition in the independent takeaway delivery business.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,236 ✭✭✭Dr. Kenneth Noisewater

delad wrote: »
    Whys it sad? If their food isn't good enough to compete with mcdonalds food then they should go out of business. I've ordered a fair few times from local chippers and a lot of times the cod hasn't been cooked properly or is just off, and the chips are always bland and tasteless. They only have themselves to blame really.

Are you saying that McDonalds is better than any of the chippers in your area? If so, move. Fast!!!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,102 ✭✭✭Stinicker

I wish they'd invent some new way to chew and digest the food and then deliver the inevitable cholestrol, trans-fats and salt overdose into my body so I wouldn't have to go to the bother of eating it, then a removal system to save me the trouble of the unenviable mcsh1t that comes afterwards.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,937 ✭✭✭patwicklow

Amazes me how folk eat that brain washing ****e:confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,631 ✭✭✭Aint Eazy Being Cheezy

patwicklow wrote: »
    Amazes me how folk eat that brain washing ****e:confused:

Brain washing! Paranoid much?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,449 ✭✭✭SuperInfinity

Stinicker wrote: »
    I wish they'd invent some new way to chew and digest the food and then deliver the inevitable cholestrol, trans-fats and salt overdose into my body so I wouldn't have to go to the bother of eating it, then a removal system to save me the trouble of the unenviable mcsh1t that comes afterwards.

It's more the every day sweets, biscuits, cake, sugar, soda that people take without even thinking about it that will kill them. Unless you're ordering massive portions and they're full of disgusting lard, or you're going a couple of times a week, takeaway food won't have much of an impact. But it's funny how fat people tucking into their terry's chocolate orange every day can be smug about people who go to takeaways.

• Advertisement

It certainly tastes like poison to the matured pallet, n leaves a sickly sensation

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement