Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Car valet

Options
  • 18-09-2012 5:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 19,661 ✭✭✭✭

Hey folks,
    I'm looking for someone to do a regular and proper car wax every month or so.
    Any recommendations in the Drogheda/Swords area?
    I took the number down from the Colpe Cross car wash (Vinny) but can't get through?
    Cheers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,974 ✭✭✭gipi

I use Dowley's car wash myself - they're in one of the industrial areas off the Donore Rd (turn left after passing the Maxol garage when heading away from town). There is a fingerpost sign, and they're at the end of the road on the left.

I haven't used their valet service, though I've seen it advertised. Always been happy with the carwash.

• Registered Users Posts: 887 ✭✭✭kormak

The lads in Scotch Hall car park do a great job... and they're reasonable enough too.
    Think a mini-valet cost me 15/20 squids or so!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,078 ✭✭✭markc1184

Have always had a fantastic job done on my car when I've left it with the Dowley brothers. Definite recommendation.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 littlebig

I used the Dowleys as well and it was a quality job.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,341 ✭✭✭PGE1970

OP,

There is a massive detail between a valet and detailing. Check out the detailing forum on boards.

For example, a normal valet operation may use sponges or cheaper washing equipment. A detailer will never use this as they trap grit which is then rubbed onto your paintwork causing swirls and tiny marks. I've seen the €7 type operations use sponges on car after car.

If you want a good job in Drogheda, check these guys out. They are a little pricier but the products and technique that they use are excellent. (I have no connection to them but use them).

If you are looking only at once a month, they would be ideal for you.

http://flawless.ie/services/car-washes-valeting-services

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,441 ✭✭✭CheerLouth

Plus one for Flawless Detailing! I normally get a mini valet off them - costs around 30/35 euro - can't remember off the top of my head! But they do a great job! I'm the kind of person who washes their car on a bi-annual basis :o and I have kids who climb over my seats with mucky shoes. Flawless leave it looking like a new car every time!

CheerLouth wrote: »
    Plus one for Flawless Detailing! I normally get a mini valet off them - costs around 30/35 euro - can't remember off the top of my head! But they do a great job! I'm the kind of person who washes their car on a bi-annual basis :o and I have kids who climb over my seats with mucky shoes. Flawless leave it looking like a new car every time!

The mini valet is great value. Between football boots, bad weather etc, the interior can get destroyed at this time of year. They do a great job - I wouldn't do it myself for €40!!

• Registered Users Posts: 24,644 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

Guys the thread is 5 years old...

I'm sure the op has found where to wash in that time.....

• Registered Users Posts: 2,441 ✭✭✭CheerLouth

Lol, never even noticed!

Never noticed either - the poor OP's car must be in an awful state by now!!!

:D

• Advertisement
Advertisement