Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Export License

Options
  • 18-09-2012 6:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,188 ✭✭✭

My friend is trying to buy a rifle stock from the USA and the company he wishes to buy off has told him they will ship but he needs an export license and it is his responsibility to sort out that. He told him the license usually costs $250 dollars and 15% of the invoice.

We had a good search through the net but can't find any worthwhile information about how to get one. Anybody have any idea or experience on how to get one of these??

Or even better how to avoid needing one! :P

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,025 ✭✭✭✭Grizzly 45

Buy off a different company...They are dicking you around or dont have a clue,or couldnt be arsed in finding out the export rules.:rolleyes:

They are exporting a piece of wood/fibreglass,and unless it is some super dooper current milspec piece of kit supplied to the US armed forces,it is a freely exportable commodity.

"If you want to keep someone away from your house, Just fire the shotgun through the door."

Vice President [and former lawyer] Joe Biden Field& Stream Magazine interview Feb 2013 "

• Registered Users Posts: 1,188 ✭✭✭patsat

Grizzly 45 wrote: »
    Buy off a different company...They are dicking you around or dont have a clue,or couldnt be arsed in finding out the export rules.:rolleyes:

They are exporting a piece of wood/fibreglass,and unless it is some super dooper current milspec piece of kit supplied to the US armed forces,it is a freely exportable commodity.

Unfortunately we can't find another company that sells the chassis. :(

If he could get one this side of the Atlantic twud be alot handier! This is what he is looking for if any of ye come across one easier to buy.

http://www.xlrindustries.com/evolution.html

The owner emailed him with info on how to get an import license, but twill be a fair bit of hassle and might not be worth it once all the costs add up :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,537 ✭✭✭Vizzy

I can see why an export licence might be needed alright :D

Xlr have dealers in New Zealand,Australia and Italy also. Anybody have any experience getting stocks sent from those countries??

• Registered Users Posts: 1,805 ✭✭✭juice1304

Any firearm parts which cost more than $100 require an export licence. I am sure you will find your answer here.:) I would check and recheck the form before you send it off i have heard if you send it in wrong and it is'nt right they keep the fee.
    http://www.bis.doc.gov/licensing/exportsoffirearms.htm#qeight

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,805 ✭✭✭juice1304

If they sell them in italy i would try and get it from there as it is in the EU it should be more straight forward no extra tax etc..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,147 ✭✭✭dev110

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,147 ✭✭✭dev110

If they have a dealer in Italy it should be more straightforward so would definitely worth while sending off an e-mail.

Thanks lads, I'll let ye know what progress, if any is made!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,393 ✭✭✭✭Vegeta

I'm nearly certain I've seen those stocks on UK Varminting website: try contacting this builder and see does he have any left

http://ukvarminting.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=13378

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,500 ✭✭✭tac foley

There are five [that I know of] Dolphin rifles in my club - three of them belong to one shooter. They vary from .223 up to .338LM. Their stand on the gun-show earlier this year was beseiged by people waving money around.

It might not be a bad idea to see what is so special about them, and maybe join them.

tac

patsat wrote: »
    http://www.xlrindustries.com/evolution.html

The owner emailed him with info on how to get an import license, but twill be a fair bit of hassle and might not be worth it once all the costs add up

Explains alot!:D
    Reckon Italy is your next bet.

"If you want to keep someone away from your house, Just fire the shotgun through the door."

Vice President [and former lawyer] Joe Biden Field& Stream Magazine interview Feb 2013 "

• Registered Users Posts: 737 ✭✭✭sfakiaman

Might be an idea to write to Obama and Romney and explain why you decided not to buy from USA. If they won't sell you a rifle stock, why would you buy anything else from them!

Would just get your name into the FBI's "Kooks,nuts,and other misc harmless fruit loops,who write to the President with silly things,but worth keeping an eye on occasionaly" file:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,493 ✭✭✭long range shooter

patsat wrote: »
    My friend is trying to buy a rifle stock from the USA and the company he wishes to buy off has told him they will ship but he needs an export license and it is his responsibility to sort out that. He told him the license usually costs $250 dollars and 15% of the invoice.

We had a good search through the net but can't find any worthwhile information about how to get one. Anybody have any idea or experience on how to get one of these??

Or even better how to avoid needing one! :P

I thought Fergal White was talking about importing those stocks??
    I am sure he mentioned that at one stage when i was up there a few months ago.:D
    No harm asking him

• Registered Users Posts: 877 ✭✭✭zeissman

Vegeta wrote: »
    I'm nearly certain I've seen those stocks on UK Varminting website: try contacting this builder and see does he have any left

http://ukvarminting.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=13378

I think it was roger at www.rimfiremagic.co.uk who imported these stocks.
    I think he is only selling them as part of a rifle build but you could try him to see.

Advertisement