Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dinner + Drinks Saturday 13th October

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,516 ✭✭✭Outkast_IRE

Can i get added as a maybe at the moment and i will confirm nearer :D

Im easy going either night will suit and any type of food

I will chime in and say soho is a good option if we need a wide variety menu to suit everybody , they literally do a bit of everything.

Have been to only one boards night 2 years ago and havent got a chance to go again things kept croping up everytime there was one on.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,302 ✭✭✭Cadyboo

Soho has gone to the dogs. Its really not worth the money. The last two times I have been I was not happy with the food at all. Tasteless. Thats just my 2cents. The only thing that is nice are the wings.

:o And because I have slated that choice I will throw in some options. Have never been to electric and would like to try it. Or the bierhalle (know ye went there last time though kingtut, but id love a krombacher ;)) Or somewhere nice and big like luigi malones? Or......hillbillys:D

Cadyboo wrote: »
    Soho has gone to the dogs. Its really not worth the money. The last two times I have been I was not happy with the food at all. Tasteless. Thats just my 2cents. The only thing that is nice are the wings.

:o And because I have slated that choice I will throw in some options. Have never been to electric and would like to try it. Or the bierhalle (know ye went there last time though kingtut, but id love a krombacher ;)) Or somewhere nice and big like luigi malones? Or......hillbillys:D
    Yummmmmmmmmm Bierhalle , have been there 3 times and was always happy.......... Beers and food thats nice with beer whats not to love.

If the number going all pan out it would be like a private function that night ... a boardsies night taking over the place.... im sure they would cut us a nice deal if we asked nicely

Im glad you said it about soho as i used to go there more often a few years ago and i went 6 months ago and they have left the quality slip in the kitchen.

Im glad you said it about soho as i used to go there more often a few years ago and i went 6 months ago and they have left the quality slip in the kitchen.

Definitely. And it is so overpriced. Last time I was there they had a prawn dish on the specials and it was 26euro!!! I ordered the wings and got a big rigmarole from the waiter about the sauce not being very hot (i wanted insane) and they couldnt help it as it was the suppliers told them that the peppers at this time of year are not that hot. I was like WTF!! :confused::eek:
    Anywho it all depends on what day ye decide on as I have an engagement party I might have to go to on the saturday night.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,487 ✭✭✭kingtut

So Soho has gone downhill ? Well I'd be happy with Bierhalle also.
    For anyone curious the menu is here:

http://www.thebierhallecork.com/_downloads/Bierhalle%20Main%20Menu.pdf
    (opens a pdf)

Based on previous posts I think that we can settle on the date of Saturday 13th of October unless there are any objections ??

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 373 ✭✭wispyman

kingtut wrote: »
    So Soho has gone downhill ? Well I'd be happy with Bierhalle also.
    For anyone curious the menu is here:

http://www.thebierhallecork.com/_downloads/Bierhalle%20Main%20Menu.pdf
    (opens a pdf)

Based on previous posts I think that we can settle on the date of Saturday 13th of October unless there are any objections ??

Bierhalle on Sat 13th October gets my vote :D I would suggest not TOO late so it will not be busy.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,221 ✭✭✭MrFrisp

Well,,the Bierhalle really looks tempting...

And,not that I was going to complain,,but the prices are nearly half that of SoHo. Talking about overrated.

Saturday night wouldn't be any problem to Us..

Definite:

kingtut
    wispyman
    grenache (Saturday preferred)
    angeline (no indian food).
    brainyneuron
    LeNNoX (Saturday preferred)
    quietsailor

Maybe:
    Blitzkrieger
    TwoTokeTommy
    Cadyboo
    MrFrisp
    Dercola
    prettyinpink
    Outkast_IRE
    Can i get added as a maybe at the moment and i will confirm nearer :D

Done :)

Or the bierhalle (know ye went there last time though kingtut, but id love a krombacher ;)) Or somewhere nice and big like luigi malones? Or......hillbillys:D

Hillbillys mmmmmmmm :D

Ok so unless I see any complaints between now and this evening I am officially making this event for Saturday 13th October......(with time and venue still being discussed).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,668 ✭✭✭brainyneuron

.....(with time and venue still being discussed).

Was at luigi malones last week and the food was amazing, and the prices aren't that bad anymore thankfully! There's also Curran's, haven't been there in a while. Or Amicus/Scoozi's or any of the yummy italian restaurants off oliver plunkett st :D

• Registered Users Posts: 904 ✭✭✭angeline

Also Market Lane very nice or Gambienis is very good price wise. Lots of room in Gambienis upstairs too.

• Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭cate3may

Quote:
    Originally Posted by cate3may
    Hi
    New to cork after living abroad, just looking to broaden my circle of friends (who are for the most part married and/or with kids)
    Interested in drinks/dinner/cinema/outdoor activities.... easy going really...
    Not looking for a speed dating night just for other single people as opposed to going out with couples....

Any suggestions welcome.....

Thanks
    Hi cate3may, I am organising a dinner and drinks for Saturday 13th October, there are a lot of new people going and you are more than welcome to come if you like?

The thread is here:
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showt...p?t=2056758282

I don't know whether most people going are single or not but anyway you are more than welcome

Hi
    Thanks for the invitation and would love to join you all, I'm definitely a newbee but see some others are around too!
    The only place I have eaten in cork so far is the Soho when I was doing the Ladies mini marathon and did think it was overpriced... but I'm happy with any choice... (though not a fan of very spicy food)

Thanks
    Cate

All still going ahead here??

No more changes??

MrFrisp wrote: »
    All still going ahead here??

No more changes??

I guess a decision should be made on location .....
    im not too pushed but just to get the ball rolling i will say i vote for Bierhalle :D

I second that promotion...:D

• Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭cate3may

As I'm new I'm open to all options!
    Looking forward to it! :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,037 ✭✭✭lukin

I'll come to da drinkies but not to da meal.

So it's 100% Saturday 13th October.

Hmm and sounds like Bierhalle is the venu for food....
    Anyone NOT happy with the Bierhalle for food ?
    Menu and their website is here:
    http://www.thebierhallecork.com/?page=menu

Attendance list so far:

Definite:

kingtut
    wispyman
    grenache
    brainyneuron
    LeNNoX
    quietsailor
    cate3may
    lukin (not eating)
    Outkast_IRE

Maybe:
    Blitzkrieger
    TwoTokeTommy
    Cadyboo
    MrFrisp
    Dercola
    prettyinpink

You can add me to the definite list now.
    Thanks

• Advertisement

You can add me to the definite list now.
    Thanks

Done :)

If this meetup will be your first then I highly recommend that you send me a private message with your number (to which I will reply with mine). This will save you wandering around asking if people are from boards, unless you like that kind of thing :D

So it's 100% Saturday 13th October.

Hmm and sounds like Bierhalle is the venu for food....
    Anyone NOT happy with the Bierhalle for food ?
    Menu and their website is here:
    http://www.thebierhallecork.com/?page=menu

Attendance list so far:

Definite:

kingtut
    wispyman
    grenache
    brainyneuron
    LeNNoX
    quietsailor
    cate3may
    lukin (not eating)
    Outkast_IRE

Maybe:
    Blitzkrieger
    TwoTokeTommy
    Cadyboo
    MrFrisp
    Dercola
    prettyinpink

We are nearly 100% for going...

I suffer from an Auto-Immune problem,,so providing I don't have a flare up in the days leading up to it,We'll be there.

So looking forward to it now..

Dont think I can make the saturday at all. Mr Cadyboo is working so I have no sitter. If things change Ill let ye know, thanks tut.x:D

Dont think I can make the saturday at all. Mr Cadyboo is working so I have no sitter. If things change Ill let ye know, thanks tut.x:D

Dinner in Cadyboos place instead of Bierhalle ? :pac:

KingTut,,,

How do these meet-ups run?

As in...How do we know how is who? How do We know who to look for once We get there..etc..?

Real names,,usernames??

MrFrisp wrote: »
    KingTut,,,

How do these meet-ups run?

As in...How do we know how is who? How do We know who to look for once We get there..etc..?

Real names,,usernames??

*cough*
    If this meetup will be your first then I highly recommend that you send me a private message with your number (to which I will reply with mine). This will save you wandering around asking if people are from boards, unless you like that kind of thing :D

*cough*

Just kidding, normally get the number of the organiser (me), when you meet people they will decide themselves if they give their real name or username, I know I usually give both :) Remember that everyone knows people here by their username so I recommend saying "I'm X, or Mr. Frisp on boards".

*cough*

*cough*

Just kidding, normally get the number of the organiser (me), when you meet people they will decide themselves if they give their real name or username, I know I usually give both :) Remember that everyone knows people here by their username so I recommend saying "I'm X, or Mr. Frisp on boards".

Ahh,,,Feck...I didn't see the part about the PM's...

No problemo....I'll pm you now,,number will be included. :D

Thanks..

Definite:

kingtut
    wispyman
    grenache
    brainyneuron
    LeNNoX
    quietsailor
    cate3may