Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dinner + Drinks Saturday 13th October

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,881 ✭✭✭sporina

kingtut wrote: »
    Hi everyone,

Hopefully most of you received my text last night to let you know that dinner is now at 7.15pm and not 7.30pm.

If anyone has any questions etc then please text them to me if possible as I don't intend on looking at boards all day :pac:

Oh and if you are one of the people joining us for drinks after the meal make you sure you have my number so that you can text to find out where you are!

See you all tonight and don't forget your hats :p

whats this about "hats"?

sorry if this has been mentioned before but don't have the time to go thru the whole thread

Afrika Bambatta is on in the Pavillion tonight - this could be an idea for a place to go after the food/pub.. he is pretty awesome.. just an idea..

• Registered Users Posts: 373 ✭✭wispyman

sporina wrote: »
    whats this about "hats"?

sorry if this has been mentioned before but don't have the time to go thru the whole thread

Don't worry about that hats. Just a few of the more crazy members being - well CRAZY!!

However if you have a funky hat that you feel like wearing out tonight - I am sure it will not be unrewarded :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,221 ✭✭✭MrFrisp

wispyman wrote: »
    Don't worry about that hats. Just a few of the more crazy members being - well CRAZY!!

However if you have a funky hat that you feel like wearing out tonight - I am sure it will not be unrewarded :D

Thankfully,have no hat..

Got My hair,and I'm lucky to have that.. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 7,516 ✭✭✭Outkast_IRE

7.15 it is, looking forward to food and beers , see ye all later :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,487 ✭✭✭kingtut

For anyone not sure where it is, here is a map (it is on Pope's quay):

https://maps.google.com/maps/ms?msa=0&msid=202786105456292951395.0004b1e2c020c1bb767c0&ie=UTF8&ll=51.901475,-8.476675&spn=0,0&t=h&iwloc=0004b8a120e8e3dc5a24f&source=embed

...and obviously if someone has problems or gets lost they can give me a call/text.

Oh and the all important food menu !

http://www.thebierhallecork.com/_downloads/Bierhalle%20Main%20Menu.pdf

did the dog on it last night.. might be in for a cure - might be too late for a cure.. we shall see closer to the time

For anyone not sure where it is, here is a map (it is on Pope's quay):

https://maps.google.com/maps/ms?msa=0&msid=202786105456292951395.0004b1e2c020c1bb767c0&ie=UTF8&ll=51.901475,-8.476675&spn=0,0&t=h&iwloc=0004b8a120e8e3dc5a24f&source=embed

...and obviously if someone has problems or gets lost they can give me a call/text.

Oh and the all important food menu !

http://www.thebierhallecork.com/_downloads/Bierhalle%20Main%20Menu.pdf

As an addon heres the beer menu folks, i have tried a few different ones from it at this stage and they are lovely http://www.thebierhallecork.com/_downloads/Bierhalle%20Drinks%20Menu.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 37 AngelLight

Hi everyone! So looking forward to meeting you all and having good food and beer tonight. I am Mr. Frisps wife. Should be a brilliant evening of fun! See you all later.

• Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭TwoTokeTommy

sporina wrote: »
    did the dog on it last night.. might be in for a cure - might be too late for a cure.. we shall see closer to the time

i'm the same, suffering for my sins today.

might make it in though for drinks, sounds like a good night ahead.

• Advertisement

AngelLight wrote: »
    Hi everyone! So looking forward to meeting you all and having good food and beer tonight. I am Mr. Frisps wife. Should be a brilliant evening of fun! See you all later.

I look forward to meeting you :)
    i'm the same, suffering for my sins today.

might make it in though for drinks, sounds like a good night ahead.

I'll send you my number so if you make it out you will know where to find us.
    As an addon heres the beer menu folks, i have tried a few different ones from it at this stage and they are lovely http://www.thebierhallecork.com/_downloads/Bierhalle%20Drinks%20Menu.jpg

Cheers !

4.07am and I just got home from the meetup :)

I'll post something later when I get some sleep. I hope you all had a good night !

• Registered Users Posts: 894 ✭✭✭stevexo

4.07am and I just got home from the meetup :)

I'll post something later when I get some sleep. I hope you all had a good night !
    aw lads, im wide awake still. Was there not something else we could have done at this hour?

Ahhh jaesus......Great night lads..And Ladies..

Had a ball...What a fantastic bunch of people..

Some of ye can really put away the drinks...:D .... No wonder the bars in town make a fortune..;)

Great venues...Good food...Great company...

Can't wait for the next one already..

• Registered Users Posts: 37 AngelLight

Had a fantastic night last night! Lovely to meet you all and will definitely be going to the next meetup. Such a great bunch of people. The Bailey was an experience! Hope you all have a great day when you emerge. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,037 ✭✭✭lukin

stevexo wrote: »
    aw lads, im wide awake still. Was there not something else we could have done at this hour?

Crikey some people are never satisfied:D. It's been suggested a few times when a meet-up finishes that the party moves elsewhere after the pub/club closes. Hasn't happened yet but maybe one day (or night) it might.
    I beat a hasty retreat myself last night. I made the mistake of standing up when one of the bouncers came over to our table to usher us out. Before I knew it I was standing out in the cold and couldn't get back in to say goodbye.
    Good night though, great to see everyone again.

Had a great night guys, unfortunetly had to head away abit early in order to get up and study this morning wish i could of stayed on, sounds like it went on well into the wee hours :D
    Did ye stay in the bailey or move on afterwards ?

I second that. Thanks to Kingtut for organising :D

Stephen Hendry style......

• Advertisement

Thanks to everyone who came out last night, I certainly had a good time anyway and it was great to meet all the new people !

If last night was your first meetup and you want to be added to the facebook page then send me a private message and I'll add you to it.

Also, how would people feel about having say the first or last Friday/Saturday of each month as a dedicated meetup night?

Also, how would people feel about having say the first or last Friday/Saturday of each month as a dedicated meetup night?

well some of us go to the dogs on the first thursday every month so id vote for something later in the month

stevexo wrote: »
    well some of us go to the dogs on the first thursday every month so id vote for something later in the month

Makes sense :)

Yeah,,,A regular meet could be a great idea.

Count Us in for that.

EDIT....

I presume this would start in November??

The last weekend of this month is a Bank Holiday if I'm correct.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,428 ✭✭✭quietsailor

Sorry i had to run off, the burglar alarm in the brothers place went off and nobody was cancelling it - his in-laws didn't know what to do.

Hopefully the next time I'll get to stay on longer with ye :)

Sorry i had to run off, the burglar alarm in the brothers place went off and nobody was cancelling it - his in-laws didn't know what to do.

Hopefully the next time I'll get to stay on longer with ye :)

It was good to meet you anyway quietsailor.

You did miss a great night though..Even though We went home early enough as well.

Well,We stopped off for 1 more on the way home,and got in just after 1.00am.

• Registered Users Posts: 236 ✭✭Dercola

Great to be finally able to put a face to a few of you on here. Thanks for a good night peeps. And thanks to King tut for organizing. ;) Shame I had to strike off so early due to feeling a migraine coming on, but I will be sure to attend the next :)

Cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 1,031 ✭✭✭nursemar88

Had a great night and loved meeting up with everyone! :D I would definately be up for a once a month meeting! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭cate3may

Hi all,

I too had a lovely evening, met some new people, didn't get to talk to everyone and had to leave at the end of the dinner.
    Having been out on friday and as I only moved to Cork this week....it all caught up with me. Having lived in france the last few years I can't keep up with Ireland drinking standards so that and tiredness had me home early.

Look forward to the next night out.

Have a good week!

Cate

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭cate3may

Ps
    Can I be added to the facebook page pelase?
    tried to PM you but don't have enough posts or something?

Advertisement