Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

component to hdmi box dublin

Options
  • 18-09-2012 6:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭

hey guys i'm getting a hdpvr off my friend but my tv does not have component cables and i play through hdmi . I kno i need to get a component to hdmi box but i don't really want to get one shipped over from amazon is there any shops in dublin or online shops in ireland that sell them
    thanks
    Matthew
    Tagged:

Comments

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

Basically no chance, I am afraid.

EDIT: Just in case that came across as short- I've built up quite a collection for various reasons of video converters and I am afraid each one had to be bought off the net. Component to HDMI is difficult as it's analogue to digital and incurs a slight delay, but if you're not playing incredibly tightly timed games (fighting games, rhythm games) it should be ok to find one at 40-50 online.

I'm afraid, other than using another tv, there's no alternative.

• Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭JaqenHgarr

he i was just looking at my tv and it has a channel called "YpbPr" is this another name for component cables and if so what does that mean for my tv

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

JaqenHgarr wrote: »
    he i was just looking at my tv and it has a channel called "YpbPr" is this another name for component cables and if so what does that mean for my tv

That's exactly what it means, you should have 5 connectors on the back of your telly (Red Green Blue White Red) and they're your component connections.

Saved 40 quid there :)

yeh ino what the compomemt connectors looks like and mine unfortunately doesnt have them is there any other sign for them other than colour coded

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭Momento Mori

I bought one online a while back. Works perfect. Don't see why you don't want to buy online as NONE of the shops here in Ireland have what you're looking for.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Ellamm

If you need a recommendation, Neet are selling an amazing one on Amazon for £45 without shipping.

Advertisement