Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Uefa Champions Lge Group B- Montpellier V Arsenal

13»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 52,456 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

Gervinho has been brilliant tonight in fairness. All over the field and covering miles.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,410 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Wouldn't have taken Giroud off myself.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,458 ✭✭✭✭gandalf

That's a pity would have liked to see Giroud get a full game!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,382 ✭✭✭✭greendom

poor 2nd half from Arsenal - not able to keep possession at all. Thankfully the defence is keeping reasonably organised.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,410 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

**** that was lucky.

Get out of jail card for us there. They should have buried that!

This is going to be a long final 10 minutes!

Jesus Giroud wouldve put that one away :D
    Mannone did well though, composed.

We look very tired. Where is our midfield gone?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,570 ✭✭✭✭Frisbee

We've been shocking in the second half, can't hold onto the ball at all.

Cazorla shunted out to the wing now too?

• Advertisement

Giroud looks really unhappy on the bench, hope he doesn't carry on with that, could hurt him even more.
    Wenger said he's only under pressure from himself.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,224 ✭✭✭✭Marty McFly

Come on one more goal :o.

This is embarrassing, we're making a mediocre Champions League debutant team look great.

Ekkk Diaby got away with that!

Frisbee wrote: »
    This is embarrassing, we're making a mediocre Champions League debutant team look great.

Steady on.
    There are no easy games in the Champions League, the occasion itself can make mediocre teams play above their ability.
    We aren't firing at all secondhalf, but it's not embarrassing, that's being disrespectful to the opponents, who are decent.

Game over, job done.

I'll take that!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,756 ✭✭✭emergingstar

Give over

• Registered Users Posts: 6,333 ✭✭✭bad2dabone

they were really up for it tonight, Montpellier were very high energy, high tempo. I'd have liked us to have done better but that was a tough game and the points are in the bag.

We were lucky in a game that we should have sewn up with a third goal. Montpellier were unlucky not to equalise in the 2nd half there. We will have to play alot better on Sunday to take the points from City.

The positive is 3 points from the first Champions League game :)

• Advertisement

The second half was embarrassing. We showed in the first half we could control the game if we were bothered.

But then in the second half we never get out of first gear and they walk all over us. No disrespect to Montpellier, but there's absolutely no way we should be allowing them the lion share of possession under any circumstances.

We got the result which is the main thing, but that second half was poison from an Arsenal perspective.

Difficult away fixture and we've come away with 3 points. Good test tonight for Mannone and the defence and they acquited themselves pretty well.

I didn't see anything bad from Mannone, maybe could've done better with the Leno but hey oh, he's becoming reliable at least.
    Arteta did a job like a robot as usual, Diaby looked tired, although the 20sec yellow didn't help.
    Jenkinson is a fine replacement for Sagna.

A win is a win and it's great to get a good start in the CL.
    Mertzacker and Gervinho were very good throughout.
    We have a few lazy players who when they lose the ball don't try to get it back. I hope Wenger copped that from the stands and gives them a good rollicking before we go to a wounded City on Sunday.

The second half was embarrassing. We showed in the first half we could control the game if we were bothered.

But then in the second half we never get out of first gear and they walk all over us. No disrespect to Montpellier, but there's absolutely no way we should be allowing them the lion share of possession under any circumstances.

We got the result which is the main thing, but that second half was poison from an Arsenal perspective.

I seen better arsenal teams than this play a lot worse away in Europe

Good 3 points the performance will be forgotten tomorrow

It sounds like you watch too much Fifa.
    funny that you can say it was embarrassing to win 2-1 away from home in a champions League game, just because we ran out of ideas and looked abut nervous in the second half, we are trying a new style of holding onto a lead, and it's worked so far.
    Nothing embarrassing at all.

• Advertisement

Montpellier gave it their best shot - they played well and made it difficult for us - i'm sure we would have crumbled under that sort of pressure previously

As I said the result is the main thing. The first half we were great.

And it was nothing about running out of ideas. Our ideas were keeping us a mile on top for 30 minutes in the first half. The problem was that we retreated into a shell for the entire second half and never looked interested in going forward, one Diaby run aside. We can't afford to do that. If we were to do that against Chelsea at the weekend they will tear us apart. Look how good we made Montpellier look in the second half. Imagine what Chelsea will look like if we do that against them.

It sounds like you watch too much Fifa.
    funny that you can say it was embarrassing to win 2-1 away from home in a champions League game, just because we ran out of ideas and looked abut nervous in the second half, we are trying a new style of holding onto a lead, and it's worked so far.
    Nothing embarrassing at all.

Don't put words in my mouth. I never said it was embarrassing to win 2-1 away from home.

I said the performance in the second half was embarrassing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,118 ✭✭✭✭Quazzie

If we were to do that against Chelsea at the weekend they will tear us apart. Look how good we made Montpellier look in the second half. Imagine what Chelsea will look like if we do that against them.

Lets get City out of the way first. ;)

Good result from a mediocre last hour. Podolski really impressed me tonight, as did Mertesacker, who despite being as slow as a London bus still manages to be in the right place at the right time.

As I said the result is the main thing. The first half we were great.

And it was nothing about running out of ideas. Our ideas were keeping us a mile on top for 30 minutes in the first half. The problem was that we retreated into a shell for the entire second half and never looked interested in going forward, one Diaby run aside. We can't afford to do that. If we were to do that against Chelsea at the weekend they will tear us apart. Look how good we made Montpellier look in the second half. Imagine what Chelsea will look like if we do that against them.
    Imagine, simagine.
    One game at at time!!
    we haven't looked embarrassing at all this season, yet people want to ring alarm bells because we aren't dominating games.
    We were out of the title race this stage last season, so be realistic, not hyperbolic.

• Advertisement

Quazzie wrote: »
    Lets get City out of the way first. ;)

Ha, whoops :o

Don't put words in my mouth. I never said it was embarrassing to win 2-1 away from home.

I'm sure Arsene Wenger would disagree with you :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,748 ✭✭✭tony1kenobi

I'm sure Arsene Wenger would disagree with you :p

I'm not sure he would.Vermaelan said we were poor in the second half.

We were.But if you can win playing poorly....

What did Adams say ?

greendom wrote: »
    What did Adams say ?

Read his interview in the paper, wish he would shut up and stay a legend instead of a bellend

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,751 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

A lot of what he was saying on Sky was correct. People getting carried away about our defense etc. its too early to judge and we've played fairly crap teams so far.

Advertisement