Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Poppy Cock

Options
  • 18-09-2012 6:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 226 ✭✭

I just find it so hard to realise, how a modern day human, allows the self to believe such nonsense.

Not only does this practise defy the only rule that applys to anything on the planet, Science. It has been disproved many times over, exposing the practice as fraud. Over the recent decades there has been a prize of one million dollars offered by a Famous American scientist (it's on YouTube), to anyone who can can prove physic abilitys. Needless to say that prize has never been claimed. You would surely think in the world one "physic" would want to show the world once and for all or just bag $1,000,000.

Well there hasn't because they all know deep down their frauds.
    In some states in the USA the practice is banned and seen as a crime, because your stealing people's money on a lie. In England people are fighting to bring in the law also.

There is people like Derren Brown who show you how they do their trick and gets the same results a Physic does. On YouTube theres countless videos exposing the non sense that these traveling Physics do to audiences.

It's nice to believe in magic and make believe, it really is. But when it turns into deception and theft. That's where the line must be drawn.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,372 ✭✭✭im invisible

I forsee a locking in the near future for you

• Registered Users Posts: 5,184 ✭✭✭3ndahalfof6

Someone has to put food on the table.

• Registered Users Posts: 707 ✭✭✭jeepers101

If people are stupid enough to hand over their money then quite frankly they deserve it.

• Registered Users Posts: 226 ✭✭HarrisonLennon

Someone has to put food on the table.

That's a tad questionable. If I break into your house and steal your tv I could say the same. It doesn't make my action either legal or acceptable.
    Plus it's adding to the fact that your responce was not based on the truth of the con of physic abilities, but the motive of the person.

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭Goggleyed_gimp

If people enjoy it and are entertained by it, then who cares? **** them if they can afford it anyway, you don't see poor people queuing up for derren brown, probably because they're not as gullable!

• Advertisement

jeepers101 wrote: »
    If people are stupid enough to hand over their money then quite frankly they deserve it.

It still shouldn't be legal in my opinion, for centuries laws have been put in place to protect the weak and stupid.

That's a tad questionable. If I break into your house and steal your tv I could say the same. It doesn't make my action either legal or acceptable.
    Plus it's adding to the fact that your responce was not based on the truth of the con of physic abilities, but the motive of the person.

I hand my money over at my own choice, I don't give you permission to break into my house and take what ever is your fancy.

If people enjoy it and are entertained by it, then who cares? **** them if they can afford it anyway, you don't see poor people queuing up for derren brown, probably because they're not as gullable!

Fair point, but if people are attending private business and being robbed of money in the basis of a con, I care.

Or if they do the food might not get to the table.

I hand my money over at my own choice, I don't give you permission to break into my house and take what ever is your fancy.

But theoretically speaking, said burglar has to put food on his table.

• Advertisement

Fair point, but if people are attending private business and being robbed of money in the basis of a con, I care.

So reimburse anyone you know who were caught out.

So reimburse anyone you know who were caught out.

Well Im given you the respect of the belief that your intelligent and that's a joke.

So we are speaking theoretically, Tonto just told the Lone Ranger he is a twat, all of this is true.

So we are speaking theoretically, Tonto just told the Lone Ranger he is a twat, all of this is true.

Ha dee har

Well Im given you the respect of the belief that your intelligent and that's a joke.

You started the thread, are you reading post 652.

You started the thread, are you reading post 652.

No you started the thread, are you reading post 256

No you started the thread, are you reading post 256

Close her up folks.

Ban her there folks.

Close her up folks.[/Quote]

I've no idea why you'd suggest that considering I'm the one who started a debate with substance, and your the one who dragged it Down to a level suitable for trolls. Any mod with sense would see the thread was doing fine until you started yapping.

• Registered Users Posts: 707 ✭✭✭jeepers101

Definitely don't agree with banning it. If you want to ban something that cons people out of money through lies and deceit ban religion.

• Advertisement

jeepers101 wrote: »
    Definitely don't agree with banning it. If you want to ban something that cons people out of money through lies and deceit ban religion.

I agree 100% agree with your second point. But why contradict yourself against your first?

• Registered Users Posts: 185 ✭✭skepticalone

might I suggest a wee peep at this forums charter ?

might I suggest a wee peep at this forums charter ?

Good suggestion and I see I'm in the wrong place now, I thought it might have been good to try and get the other side, no pun intended.. Point of view.

• Registered Users Posts: 509 ✭✭✭wayoutwest

Harrison Lennon - stop being a troll and go and spill out your ideas over the road at skeptics Corner....where you might find some pals. I don't go over to the Christianity forum and start questioning the existance of their God or over to the Fashion forum, and start telling them that they are a bunch of vain ponces and to get a grip and stop wasting their money.I would'nt get very far going onto Angling and telling them that they should;nt be terrorising innocent fish....folks there are looking for angling advice,and want to discuss methods...........GET IT
    Get a life.....I think you need one.

wayoutwest wrote: »
    Harrison Lennon - stop being a troll and go and spill out your ideas over the road at skeptics Corner....where you might find some pals. I don't go over to the Christianity forum and start questioning the existance of their God or over to the Fashion forum, and start telling them that they are a bunch of vain ponces and to get a grip and stop wasting their money.I would'nt get very far going onto Angling and telling them that they should;nt be terrorising innocent fish....folks there are looking for angling advice,and want to discuss methods...........GET IT

Dear oh dear, your a sensitive fellow. I've obviously touched a nerve there. You must be a firm believer, you shouldn't be afraid to learn. That's how the world evolved.

I've realised my mistake by getting the advice to look at the charter. I thanked the poster at hand. I was done posting here, but being new I realised i had to press unfollow, which I'll do now.

And I think you should be aware what a troll is? Maybe learn that too.
    I'm a journalist with an interest in science, always learning new things about people's perception of fantasy.

Good day to young old boy..

wayoutwest wrote: »

My work here is done

• Registered Users Posts: 509 ✭✭✭wayoutwest

Feel better now? -do mind the step on the way out.

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭Goggleyed_gimp

I came to boards because i was sick of reddit and i just realised it's the exact same, full of arguing bitches, and it's gonna be like this forever, fuk this!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement