Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Post Grad in Digital Marketing

Options
  • 18-09-2012 7:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5

Hi Guys. Thinking about doing a Postgrad in Digital Marketing with the Digital Marketing Institute. Has anyone done it or any advice to offer? Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 114 ✭✭radooo

I did a postgrad with DMI over a year ago and I have a very positive experience. Send me a PM if you have a more specific question in mind. Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,739 ✭✭✭mneylon

Why do you want to do the course?

• Registered Users Posts: 5 suzannemc

I want to do the course to learn about all the aspects of online marketing and steer my career in that direction.
    I want to implement a digital marketing strategy in my current company and get advice and ideas from lecturers and classmates on the course.

• Registered Users Posts: 15 webirina

Hi Suzanne,

I also did the postgrad a year ago - and since have been promoted internally to do DMI's digital marketing! We are currently interviewing some of our past students, so you might find it useful reading their answers:
    1. http://digitalmarketinginstitute.ie/blog/case-studies/interviews-with-past-students-aoife-odriscoll
    2. http://digitalmarketinginstitute.ie/blog/case-studies/interviews-with-past-students-miguel-quiles-les-roches-marbella

Kind regards,
    Irina

Thanks Irina.

• Advertisement

suzannemc wrote: »
    I want to do the course to learn about all the aspects of online marketing and steer my career in that direction.
    I want to implement a digital marketing strategy in my current company and get advice and ideas from lecturers and classmates on the course.

You could probably learn more by following what people are doing rather than doing a course

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21 Matrix Internet Web Design

Blacknight wrote: »
    You could probably learn more by following what people are doing rather than doing a course

+1.

A course will only take you so far. I am self-taught for the most part and have learned far more by doing than any course could match. You learn by getting your hands dirty - setting up websites, optimising them, maintaining them, working with Analytics, AdWords and working on your own SEO (for both yourself and your sites).

Have also always thought that the courses at the DMI seem very expensive.

Have also always thought that the courses at the DMI seem very expensive.

Yeah - I wouldn't hire anyone based on a qualification

I'd hire based on real world experience

Thanks for the advice everyone :)

Advertisement