Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

bringing a product to market

Options
  • 18-09-2012 8:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,269 ✭✭✭

Hi,

I have developed a few concepts for products i hope to bring to market. I appreciate the products might sound 'me too' and lacking innovation but they are clever and capture certain cultural identities. One is a mug with a clever Irish graphic and the others are t-shirts which also capture certain colloquialisms which i feel will generate sales.

Lets stick to the mug...the target market for this is tourists.

I can get a few samples produced; is the best starting point to try to generate orders in stores which have similar product ranges? How do i get to pitch my product to buyers of such stores? I know some that are accessible, but others may not be...

What is the best strategy to have? The cost price to the retailer will depend on the potential number of orders, economy of scale etc.

Lets say i can get a batch manufactured/printed for 2.50 per unit/mug for 200units, typically what would the retail price become when VAT and retailers mark up is included?

Also what percentage should I as the supplier expect to earn per unit?

This is my first venture into this sort of thing, and its a bit of a side business i hope to proceed with in November...

Id really appreciate any advice... and any questions will be answered asap thanks..

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,269 ✭✭✭Piriz

also do i need to protect my designs? trademark, copyright or registered design...

• Registered Users Posts: 40 meangene

This a good question and this is a bump, I am also looking to try and get a bit of insight, I am curious to get an idea of how to get a product from idea to market in Ireland.

Its very hard to get good info, my main concerns are product protection on the early stages and getting a manufacturer.

Anyone even know any Irish entrepreneurs that have brought products to market in the last couple of years that I could try and get in touch with to pick their brains

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,091 ✭✭✭Peterdalkey

• Registered Users Posts: 40 meangene

cheers

Advertisement