Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fossetts circus

Options
  • 18-09-2012 8:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 885 ✭✭✭

Is it any good folks,was thinking of taking the missis and her sister.
    There both from overseas and never been to a circus before,tickets are 15 each and I don't want to feel ripped off if it's purely a kids thing then we can skip it.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 468 ✭✭irishlady29

My advice would be to skip it. Pure thrash in my own opinion.

• Registered Users Posts: 885 ✭✭✭Sappa

Ok,I had memories of the old American three ring circus when I was a child and I suppose since they were fantastic times then I thought it would be fun to show the two ladies what a circus is,It's a pity but at least I didn't waste the cash.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,411 ✭✭✭kabakuyu

I can't advise you but maybe you should wait for some more opinions.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,414 ✭✭✭kraggy

If theyre still using animals, EVERYONE should avoid it.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,907 ✭✭✭✭Kristopherus

kraggy wrote: »
    If theyre still using animals, EVERYONE should avoid it.

Rubbish:eek:

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,184 ✭✭✭✭Lapin

€15 sounds a bit steep.

For any circus there are always a heap of discount consessions floating around.

Circus staff leave them in pubs and shops that let them put up posters.
    They'll give a few to anyone who asks for them.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 31,117 ✭✭✭✭snubbleste

I posted an offer on it a few days ago, you need to pay more attention!
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=80794323&postcount=403

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Googling "fossetts circus animals" it turns out they don't have animals so hopefully that'll set some people's mind at ease.

http://www.irishcircuses.org/fossetts-circus
    Since 2008: Fossett’s has toured as an all-human circus although it does have ponies for rides

I went last night and really enjoyed myself.

There were a couple of ponies in the first act but after that it was all people.

Acrobat, juggler, contortionist, clown, tightrope walker and the like.

The full show was just over two hours long including an intermission.

If you are parking on the other side of the road please cross at the traffic lights rather than at the bollards like I saw some idiots doing.

It was mostly full of families but there were plenty of students and the like around too.

Did you witness abandoned vehicles on the footpath or bike path on this major throughfare Deleted User, as was the case on previous occasions ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 697 ✭✭✭swiftman

i did when i walked to dunnes after 9pm. wasnt many, maybe 10. was impressed that most people used the dunnes car park.
    some people are so lazy im surprised they even walked from the illegal parked car to the circus.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,414 ✭✭✭kraggy

swiftman wrote: »
    i did when i walked to dunnes after 9pm. wasnt many, maybe 10. was impressed that most people used the dunnes car park.
    some people are so lazy im surprised they even walked from the illegal parked car to the circus.

Not sure about things at home lately as I'm living abroad, but can't you get clamped in the shopping car parks if you're seen leaving for other purposes?

It was like in the Galway Shopping Centre before I left anyway.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,153 ✭✭✭Shakti

awesome circus is awesome

Just strolled by at 6.30
    23 vehicles on the bike path and footpath and because the Council did not bother trimming back hedges this summer, the path is impassable in places forcing people onto the road.
    Does the Circus need an event permission or something from the local authority?

Other than that there was some nice music coming from the tent.

• Registered Users Posts: 220 ✭✭breadmonster

snubbleste wrote: »
    Just strolled by at 6.30
    23 vehicles on the bike path and footpath

There's some clowns about alright.

:o

• Registered Users Posts: 300 ✭✭swine

Is there no thread safe from snubbleste turning into a driver whinge-fest?

Yes there is.
    Circus has its last performance today

• Registered Users Posts: 300 ✭✭swine

Eagerly awaiting news on any parking infringements during the circus's last show.

No really.

• Registered Users Posts: 375 ✭✭lucianot

I went yesterday with my son, he really enjoyed the show and it was his first time at the circus and although being a small venue there are some very good numbers. A beautiful tradition kept alive demonstrating there is no need to have exotic animals to entertain the public.

About the parking issue, there was enough space around the Dunnes Stores parking lot, absolutely no need to use the footpath.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭ScumLord

biko wrote: »
    Googling "fossetts circus animals" it turns out they don't have animals so hopefully that'll set some people's mind at ease.

http://www.irishcircuses.org/fossetts-circus
    Technically humans are animals too so really it should be an all robot circus. If it was an all robot circus I'd be the first person in the cue.
    kraggy wrote: »
    Not sure about things at home lately as I'm living abroad, but can't you get clamped in the shopping car parks if you're seen leaving for other purposes?
    They do but I can't image they have more than a handful of clamps. So as long as plenty of people are doing it they probably won't be able to clamp. I doubt Dunnes would care to much, with that many people around they would stand to get a few extra people in the door.

• Registered Users Posts: 375 ✭✭lucianot

It says the max. parking time is 3 hours and the show lasted for 2 more or less.

• Registered Users Posts: 509 ✭✭✭Paddyfield

I was there yesterday. It was brilliant. The only animals were 2 horses and a dog.

The entertainment was constant and varied.

Advertisement