Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Open Day at Blanchardstown Garda Station Sat 22nd Sep

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,633 ✭✭✭chucknorris

375790_307062939401127_1781483536_n.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 5,042 ✭✭✭spooky donkey

sounds good

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

The absolute only thing I'd be worried about here is traffic management... Where do people usually park for this? Was it busy last year? I'd love to bring my girls up but I don't want to be stuck in traffic jams getting in or out.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,653 ✭✭✭✭amdublin

Maybe park in the Towncentre and walk over?

• Registered Users Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

My friend* always parks at Garden House when he signs on at the Garda Station.

*May be me.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,584 ✭✭✭ronan45

Omackeral wrote: »
    My friend* always parks at Garden House when he signs on at the Garda Station.

*May be me.

Must park at Garden House from now on, hate reverse hill starts;)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,505 ✭✭✭daymobrew

This was very enjoyable last year.

The road in front of the Garda station was closed off so traffic was busy at either end. I cycled down.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,195 ✭✭✭✭Michellenman

Garden House have clamping in operation now, seen a few cars stuck there. Just something to be aware of.

Will the bus through the village be diverted so? Nothing on the Dublin Bus website... or will they only allow bus's through?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,401 ✭✭✭fletch

Thanks for the heads up on this. Brought my nephew today and he loved it. The road was open outside the station. Traffic was bad on the Clonsilla Road but it didn't seem to be caused by the open day. I was looking forward to my lunch at the farmers market but there was none, only Superquinn with some brown bread and cheese although I enjoyed that anyway. :-)
    Thanks again

• Advertisement

Brought the kiddies down they had a ball but were disappointed there was no face painting. They had a great time though and got some great pictures of them in all the vehicles and on the bikes. The poor guys in riot gear were getting a right battering from some of the kids!

We parked in Justins by the way - went in and asked before we left just in case we came back to a clamped car though.

• Registered Users Posts: 309 ✭✭Gate Automation

I was parking on Tractamotors, Fiat is close on Saturday ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 32 jmcturk

January wrote: »
    Brought the kiddies down they had a ball but were disappointed there was no face painting.

They had face painting in Superquinn car park so i brought kids up there :D

Advertisement