Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UCD Masters of Library and Information Studies

• 18-09-2012 8:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 853 ✭✭✭

I want to do Masters of Information and Library Studies in UCD next year. While reading up about it, I came across the information that you can apply "for the GradDipLIS as an Exit qualification after successful completion of the taught modules".
    Now I've been told the GradDipLIS is inferior compared to the Masters so I'm not sure why you would want to earn the Dip after you've already completed the Masters.
    Can anyone tell me why this is an option? Does it simply give more of a leg-up when searching for jobs to have that extra bit on your cv?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,635 CMod ✭✭✭✭Ravelleman

I believe you get the diploma if you finish the modules but don't write a short thesis/dissertation. That's normally the case in masters' courses.

Advertisement