Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

About three fiddy

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,838 ✭✭✭Nulty

bleg wrote: »
    I gave him a dollar.

This has actually become more funny than "tree fiddy"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,115 ✭✭✭Pdfile

I blame the Lock Ness monster for drinking all our oil, or not becoming oil, or...something nefarious.

ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhh leave ehhhhhhh ouhhhhhhhh

• Site Banned Posts: 563 ✭✭✭Wee Willy Harris

About wee willy

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,933 ✭✭✭holystungun9

About wee willy

This reminds me of spending some time in Cabra years ago. I as a country man was a bit amused at the expression gee bag. I even heard a barely talking toddler say 'bee bag' as her parents laughed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,881 ✭✭✭JohnMarston

Approximately 3 euro and 50 cent

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,012 ✭✭✭Plazaman

Your Ma...yes give me a warning, give it to me. Put that yellow card beside my post... Mmmmm.

I do be afeared as you have omitted the "e" in Your (as in Yore), the spiderbot will have failed to pick this up and your request for a Yellow Card will have gone unheeded.

Not wanting to pick up any infringments myself I shall just be using "your fathers spouse" or perhaps "yore aunties sister" in cases of emergency when this phrase must be used.

EDIT : I stand corrected.

• Registered Users Posts: 157 ✭✭BigFatGiant

Where will the madness end? Father Ted quotes to go next?
    (Insert Ethnic group) A great bunch of lads.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 41,104 ✭✭✭✭Annasopra

Dean09 wrote: »
    How much would I rate this thread out of ten

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

• Registered Users Posts: 3,456 ✭✭✭fishy fishy

what about

nine ninnnie nine

or ninnie nine ninnie nine

or only nine ninnie nine ninny nine

as in the ads (was it for power city or something).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,080 ✭✭✭✭Big Nasty

10 to 4

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,012 ✭✭✭BizzyC

Well done op. I'm sick of people who come on here looking to
    blast others with all of these ridiculous insults and responses. People like
    them have caused the level of converstion in AH to deteriorate completely
    with their asinine responses that add nothing ot the discussion. It's taking the
    piss comlpetely.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,798 ✭✭✭goose2005

three pounds and ten shillings my good sir.

• Registered Users Posts: 247 ✭✭MadameGascar

Say would you crackers like to hear about the time I met the Loch Ness Monster?...

• Site Banned Posts: 563 ✭✭✭Wee Willy Harris

About 3ndahalfof6 fiddy

• Registered Users Posts: 3,456 ✭✭✭fishy fishy

FIDDY DOLLA :p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,128 ✭✭✭✭aaronjumper

Wow this thread is still going? I figured it would have died by now.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 543 ✭✭✭Neewbie_noob

I blasted my Atari Jaguar with piss about three fiddy times before the lock.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,674 ✭✭✭Dangerous Man

Can everybody just get it out of your system once and for all. Feel free to post this much much much overused response so we can move on. Go ahead, post it. It has to be as played out as the 'yore...' and other stuff that was clamped down on.
    Maybe when people see it all collected in one thread people will go, 'yeah, it is a bit played out at this stage'.

I fail to see how a turn of phrase bothers you this much.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,933 ✭✭✭holystungun9

I fail to see how a turn of phrase bothers you this much.

It keeps turning, and turning and turning and turning and turning and turning and turning and turning...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,674 ✭✭✭Dangerous Man

It keeps turning, and turning and turning and turning and turning and turning and turning and turning...

Meh - try to look at it in a positive way. If someone uses a turn of phrase that actually does bother you see it as a handy filter that you can use to ignore people who aren't imaginative enough to come up with witty responses. I really don't think that censoring people from using what is an absolutely harmless turn of phrase is very clever.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,196 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

I went in for my emeter reading to day in Abbey street, a very nice Scientologist asked me to sit in a chair at a desk and grab hold of the to bars so he could check my OT reading, he also asked me to pay him his fee. At about this time I noticed the OT reading said 3.50 and the I looked at the fee to my astonishment was a massive €350.

I looked up to see this was no Scientologist but the God Damn Loch Ness Monster looking for tree fiddy again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 152 ✭✭rubadubduba

Wow this thread is still going? I figured it would have died by now.

Only another 277 posts left to make it to three fiddy. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,766 ✭✭✭juan.kerr

Dammit Loch Ness Monster!

You'll never find a Nessie in the zoo.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭the groutch

too fiddy, we're in a recession now

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,062 ✭✭✭al28283

You can't force stuff like this, you're not the boss of me!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,766 ✭✭✭juan.kerr

too fiddy, we're in a recession now

Someone should tell the public sector about the recession. There are more PS workiers making over 150,000 now than in 2011.

http://www.independent.ie/national-news/top-public-staff-still-coining-it-3237077.html

• Registered Users Posts: 777 ✭✭✭H2UMrsRobinson

what about

nine ninnnie nine

or ninnie nine ninnie nine

or only nine ninnie nine ninny nine

as in the ads (was it for power city or something).

Think that was in a Lee Evans show too. We love Lee in our house. He has a catchphrase for every possible situation. Our personal favourite is..."maybe some time in the morning, maybe sometime in the afternoon (tree fiddy?) or maybe not at all ! "

• Closed Accounts Posts: 263 ✭✭Light Switch

About 7 twinnie.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,440 ✭✭✭✭Piste

connundrum wrote: »
    In before teh locke

Don't you mean In before the loch?

....yeah I don't care if someone said it already, I'm not going through 6 pages of replies just so I can be a smartass.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,564 Mod ✭✭✭✭iamstop

• Advertisement
Advertisement