Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Will We Get KI on XBLA?

Options
  • 18-09-2012 9:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,699 ✭✭✭

It seems that Microsoft have renewed it's Killer Instinct trademark (whihc, to be honest, I didn't even know Microsoft had!). So, as you can imagine, romours are going around about a XBLA release. Personally, I'd love to see that happen, as I'm a big fan of the original game. I also love, as I've stated many many many times before, to see a remake.

What do we reckon about this one then, folks? Got the Killer feeling?

Source me up, Scotty!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭Mickles_86

Yeah seen this on SRK earlier, it will suck if they only release it on 360 as I only have PS3 so i'm hoping for a remake :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,699 ✭✭✭deathrider

I wouldn't like to see it as an Xbox exclusive myself either. Even though I'm an Xbox player myself, I just hate the idea of games like this not being cross platform.

It makes so much sense to remake in my opinion, most of my mates hate fighting games but loved KI back in the snes days, I'm sure a lot of people would feel the same.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,006 ✭✭✭Ramza

KI is a very fun game

.... competitively, the game is beyond broken (I made a post a while back explaining why, not gonna dig it up but yeah)

Unless they perform some magical balancing act (which would take ages and prolly not worth the effort since I can't see the game taking off competitively as it pretty much fell on its arse after release :pac:), I don't see how this would work, but of course, the game is super fun and would be awesome to see it on XBLA :)

The last line of your post sums it up perfectly, if you ask me. I've always loved fighters, and they don't have to be well balanced or tournament ready for me to enjoy them. As long as they're a bit of craic that I can jam on alone or with a few mates, I'll like'em. Hell, I even liked Bio Freaks... and that was sh1te! :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,006 ✭✭✭Ramza

I literally put years into KI (I know I did with other games too), I mean years of just going to a mates house and trying to figure out all the fatalities , ultra combos, just busting out the snes and having a laugh :P Was brilliant craic, I'd love to see the game land on XBLA

• Registered Users Posts: 3,239 ✭✭✭UberPrinny_Baal

I know the guy who programmed/animated the fireballs in KI :D
    Ramza wrote: »
    .... competitively, the game is beyond broken (I made a post a while back explaining why, not gonna dig it up but yeah)

I was reading up on some interviews with the former KI staff, and apparently they only had two playtesters for the whole game, BOTH of whom hated fighting games. No wonder it ended up being broken.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

Man I loved Fulgore. Transforming head death cannon fatality!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

Man I loved Fulgore. Transforming head death cannon fatality!

B. Orchid and Jago here.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,333 ✭✭✭Sairus

Even back in the day I was messin' with all y'alls fireballs.

• Advertisement

Sairus wrote: »

Even back in the day I was messin' with all y'alls fireballs.

Ive still got that CD.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,707 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

Pretty sure all the Rare-heads who made the original KI games are long gone.

This could just be MS trademarking the KI name so no-one else can get their hands on it...

Played Cinder and Thunder, still remember Cinder's Ultra :p Man even the soundtrack to that game gives me goosebumps, both main title and stage themes.

Advertisement