Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Social things in Leixlip?

Options
  • 18-09-2012 9:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 657 ✭✭✭

Hey all, Im new to Leixlip and was just wondering of any things to do here to meet new people (apart from pubs, soccer clubs)...any suggestion weclome!

my URBAN EXPLORATION YouTube channel: https://www.facebook.com/ASMRurbanexploration/

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19 Al2011

There's a running club in the amenities centre on a Wednesday night at 9pm (I think) all levels can go

• Registered Users Posts: 8,295 ✭✭✭n97 mini

Various sports clubs in the Amenities Centre, two GAA clubs, various things on in the Youth & Community Centre, fishing club on the Royal Canal, Barnhall Rugby Club, etc. Various things on the the schools after hours like Kick Boxing, Weight-watchers etc.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,565 ✭✭✭✭Tallon

Depends on what you are into?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,175 ✭✭✭angeldelight

I'll be moving from Maynooth to Leixlip in the next week or two so would be interested in this too. Is there anywhere to find out what's on in the schools in the evening?

• Registered Users Posts: 37,301 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

I'll be moving from Maynooth to Leixlip in the next week or two so would be interested in this too. Is there anywhere to find out what's on in the schools in the evening?
    Hrm. You'll have missed the enrolment of most of the night classes, but there'll be more in January. Have a check here; http://www.colaistechiarain.com/adult%20education.html

There is also a GAA if you're interested in that, and a Rugby club.

You really have to tell us what you're into, and we'll be able to tell where would be the best place to goto.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,194 ✭✭✭Corruptedmorals

Night classes have started in Coláiste Chiaráin but will re-enrol for more in January. I don't believe the other secondary school, Confey College offers night classes. Off the top of my head for non sports-related activities, there is a walking club, history group and drama/theatre/dance groups. Leixlip Library host different groups, talks and activities. They are probably the ones to talk to to get a list of groups in the area.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,301 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

Leixlip Library host different groups, talks and activities. They are probably the ones to talk to to get a list of groups in the area.
    There's a building next to the Confey library called the "Leixlip Youth and Community Centre"- check the website out at http://lycc.ie They also do some night classes, and I'm pretty sure that have a listing of what the Confey College does also.

Advertisement