Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Blueface Forum

• 18-09-2012 9:42pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 984 ✭✭✭

Anyone any idea where the Blueface forum has gone?

It was a great source of info. Have they taken it away?

D.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,739 ✭✭✭nava

Dummy wrote: »
    Anyone any idea where the Blueface forum has gone?

It was a great source of info. Have they taken it away?

D.

According to their blog is suppose to be on http://forums.blueface.ie/ but not working, they have a facebook and twitter account it might be of some help.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 640 ✭✭✭Wcool

They used to have great help pages on SIP configuration for all sorts of devices. Seems all gone :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 984 ✭✭✭Dummy

Wcool wrote: »
    They used to have great help pages on SIP configuration for all sorts of devices. Seems all gone :(

Yeah Wcool, it seems like they have taken this service away which is a pity. It was very good & very informative. It was a major benefit that sold Blueface to me.

Pity !!

I give up - I can see the old forum pages I am looking for on google, but when I click onto them, it brings me straight to that Blueface website which is of no use to me.

My annual account is up for renewal in a few weeks. This has made my mind up to move. Have been looking at UPC for broadband, now going to look at their phone option too.

Pity - I have sang Bluefaces praises here on Boards and with friends and I have been with them for years.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,021 ✭✭✭✭Johnboy1951

I give up - I can see the old forum pages I am looking for on google, but when I click onto them, it brings me straight to that Blueface website which is of no use to me.

My annual account is up for renewal in a few weeks. This has made my mind up to move. Have been looking at UPC for broadband, now going to look at their phone option too.

Pity - I have sang Bluefaces praises here on Boards and with friends and I have been with them for years.

Did you get a response when you asked Blueface what happened to the forum?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 4,621 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr. G

Blueface are aiming more towards at business and don't want their service to look complicated as customers might choose not to choose Blueface and therefore Blueface are trying to make it simple, thus, I presume by removing their forum, which for some might show complicated content.

Just my two cents.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 640 ✭✭✭Wcool

Well I am not saying that their old site was very professional looking, but the new site??
    it's the fecking corporate website look, meaningless and boring but hay ho 'seriously' professional. We are SERIOUS! We mean BUSINESS!

God damn why can't we have any website anymore with really useful information, even if it is not designed in a Karl Lagerfeld way?

Dunno, Don't understand, Don't wanna know

• Registered Users Posts: 4 sandcastle

And I can't find anything about there rates (spec international rates)... A few months ago there was a very informative page with all the rates. :(

I don't think this is very professional...

sandcastle wrote: »
    And I can't find anything about there rates (spec international rates)... A few months ago there was a very informative page with all the rates. :(

I don't think this is very professional...

Yes looks like gone, 1 of the post in the forum was about that, after the site changes a few months back, someone posted that the advice given by comreg was to contact Blueface about it, ask them to create an incident report with a ticket number once it created contact Comreg or something on those lines.

I contacted Blueface at the start of Sept and they said the web team is working on it and should be implemented in a few weeks, but didn't specify how many few weeks is.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 4,621 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr. G

Blueface have been on the steady decline ever since they touched the mobile market.

The website should have been drafted and reviewed by existing clients. The forum should have stayed. Blueface should have never expanded so quickly.

The rates are vague and you can't tell the 1800 numbers dialled.

Even Eircom are clear about their rates.

A simple support site and a bit of interaction on boards would change their customer care relationships.

• Advertisement

It's a pity. Blueface were a nice company to deal with - allbeit through a forum.

I never had to call for support - I usually found the answers I needed on that forum. Either it was there already or I posted a question & it was always answered within a very reasonable amount of time.

I wonder if any Blueface people are reading this & if they'll come on to explain. Maybe it's all about nothing & the forum will be up & running again by the weekend. Wishful thinking ?????

I wonder if any Blueface people are reading this & if they'll come on to explain. Maybe it's all about nothing & the forum will be up & running again by the weekend. Wishful thinking ?????

There's a user in the forum with name GuillaumeBF that is an employee of Blueface, still register but hasn't posted since their forum went live.

Advertisement