Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Can i claim back on this business expense?

Options
  • 18-09-2012 9:43pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 85 ✭✭

I registed my business name recently, i only got around to filling in the tax registeration form a few days ago and posted it yesterday, then i have to go online to set up the PAYE and ROS. I created a new business bank account last week and lodged a small sum of money into it. Tomorrow i need to withdraw about 600 euro to purchase a business laptop with anti-virus software.

Being where i currently am; between having the business name already registered, but not registered for tax or having commenced trading as a business yet, will i be able to claim back on this as a business expense and if so how much?

I am only asking because i have other things to purchase also and i am on a budget.

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,683 ✭✭✭barneystinson

ByronB wrote: »
    I registed my business name recently, i only got around to filling in the tax registeration form a few days ago and posted it yesterday, then i have to go online to set up the PAYE and ROS. I created a new business bank account last week and lodged a small sum of money into it. Tomorrow i need to withdraw about 600 euro to purchase a business laptop with anti-virus software.

Being where i currently am; between having the business name already registered, but not registered for tax or having commenced trading as a business yet, will i be able to claim back on this as a business expense and if so how much?

I am only asking because i have other things to purchase also and i am on a budget.

Thanks.

Yes - google "pre-trading expenses". The laptop is not an expense though; it's a purchase of a Fixed Asset.

Advertisement