Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Rusty Undercarriage

Options
  • 18-09-2012 10:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 176 ✭✭

Well

I was changing my oil recently when I noticed a lot of rust on the undercarriage of my Transit. This has happened in the last 6 months since the previous oil change.

The back springs are particularly rusty. So I guess I need to cut the rust back and then rust proof it. Any tips on rust proofing products?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,282 ✭✭✭Bandara

*snigger

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,476 ✭✭✭✭Our man in Havana

Wally Kogen: Hey you got off easy. I just came here to use the phone and they got me for the whole Road King package. Allignment Shock, Armorol, Stem Lube...
    Homer: Hehe, Stem Lube, even I didn't fall for that!... Although Winter is coming...

• Registered Users Posts: 22,080 ✭✭✭✭Big Nasty

Just surface rust I presume?

Sand it back and schultz it. You will need about 5 cans of it for the Ransit.

Advertisement