Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Digiweb 30MB

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 763 ✭✭✭Cork981

getting very good speeds with metro.
    Getting 33 and 34mb download at times.
    Was this ever achieved on the older modems or is the newest docsis 3 modem after improving things ?
    and ping is usually an avergae of 16/17 ms half my dsl ping.
    2250866798.png

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 617 ✭✭✭cunnijo

Cork981 wrote: »
    getting very good speeds with metro.
    Getting 33 and 34mb download at times.
    Was this ever achieved on the older modems or is the newest docsis 3 modem after improving things ?
    and ping is usually an avergae of 16/17 ms half my dsl ping.
    2250866798.png

HI Cork981

Firstly well done on getting speeds like this. I have only got this kind of speed once (over 35MB) and this was with the old modem.

2063191750.png

My average now is between 27 & 29.5Mb with the new Thompson one, the same which they gave to you.

2237894626.png2248609597.png

As a matter of interest have you downloaded and saved anything since the installation? If so how fast was your transfer rate? Your true download speed will be the transfer rate multiplied by 8. For a 30Mb connection it normally should be 3.6Mb/sec or thereabouts.

Regards

ya i usually get roughly 3.2mb/s using a download manager or via torrenting.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 640 ✭✭✭Wcool

Digiweb has probably one of the best pings in the country. Solid as well.
    But how do you like your download limit or did you not get there yet?

Your right ping is great, I haven't hit the cap yet don't think I will never went over 80 or 90 the limit is 120gb rather that 100gb that was advertised before your throttled so dont see my self going over it anytime soon.

Also I'm hoping to see the 100mb metro rolled out soon which will likely have a higher cap

• Advertisement

I'll second that. The pings always seem to be very low. As for reaching the downlaod cap I too doubt that I will ever reach it.

And as for the 100Mb rollout bring it on sooner rather than later.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,975 ✭✭✭iMuse

Alright guys, Thinking about getting this installed. Am I right in saying there is no installation charge / set up fee etc? Whats the story with fees if the engineer comes out and they can't install due to a LOS issue. LOS shouldn't be a problem but there is a few trees around so you never know. I would be using it mainly for gaming and the pings posted look good, better than my current DSL anyway.

iMuse wrote: »
    Alright guys, Thinking about getting this installed. Am I right in saying there is no installation charge / set up fee etc? Whats the story with fees if the engineer comes out and they can't install due to a LOS issue. LOS shouldn't be a problem but there is a few trees around so you never know. I would be using it mainly for gaming and the pings posted look good, better than my current DSL anyway.

Your right no installation and set up charge.
    There is no charge if the LOS test fails only if a few houses in your area didn't have Los you would have to pay 100 euro for the test.

The pings are extremely low I get roughly 16ms constantly which is great for gaming.

My 30 mb metro :mad:

2338270343.png

My 30 mb metro :mad:

2338270343.png

iMuse

There is something seriously wrong with this. Your ping is low, so download speeds should be fairly high. Try a different server to see if there is any change. If no change contact technical support without fail. .

• Advertisement

cunnijo wrote: »
    iMuse

There is something seriously wrong with this. Your ping is low, so download speeds should be fairly high. Try a different server to see if there is any change. If no change contact technical support without fail. .

Its the same with all the servers. Do you get packet loss with your metro? I get request timed out a few times when I ping the likes of google.

Its the same with all the servers. Do you get packet loss with your metro? I get request timed out a few times when I ping the likes of google.

Hi iMuse

To answer your question I do get packet loss with Metro since they replaced my modem with the Thompson THG870. The website http://www.pingtest.net confirms this. As you mention the low download speed is on all servers then contact technical support tomorrow morning on freefone 1918. An engineer will have to come out to you.

Anyone else have problems with ping spikes using this, 1 ping will be 17 the next 70, 50, then back to near 20. This is using command prompt and not speed test.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,142 ✭✭✭pm.

Im so jealous :(:( I got onto Digiweb the other day and was told the mast is located at the ESB station in Mullingar town. I sent an email off to Digiweb and recommend they move from the town centre to Frewin hill http://www.geolocation.ws/v/W/File:Communication%20mast%20-%20geograph.org.uk%20-%20707826.jpg/-/en

If they do this they will not only cover the town but also a lot of rural villages like Ripplecom do, who are starting to go down hill in the evening time. Hope they listen

Advertisement