Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Celebrities everyone else seems to hate, but you don't

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,312 ✭✭✭✭Cienciano

Suas11 wrote: »
    Ryan Tubridy and Ray D'Arcy

I think I prefer Peter Sutcliffe than those two. Especially Tubbers.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,462 ✭✭✭✭WoollyRedHat

OJ Simpson

I'd say he's great craic to have a few pints with.

Yeah, until he tries to kill you and then completely deny it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,489 ✭✭✭Yamanoto

Michael Graham on Newstalk (the guy who Michael D labelled a wanker) - His nonsense is quite entertaining

• Closed Accounts Posts: 474 ✭✭Quorum

bnt wrote: »
    Sarah Jessica Parker. I liked her in movies like LA Story, Mars Attacks! and Ed Wood, long before she got stereotyped as Carrie Bradshaw in Sex and the City. I thought Carrie was a twit, but I get the feeling some people think SJP is Carrie.

+1. The dislike for her is disproportionate. And I think she did a great job at playing a fairly head-wrecking character.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,962 ✭✭✭✭dark crystal

Yamanoto wrote: »
    Michael Graham on Newstalk (the guy who Michael D labelled a wanker) - His nonsense is quite entertaining

Ooh yes! I love the Monday slot with Michael! Actually, I'm a huge fan of George Hook's show any day....there's just no filter there at all :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,090 ✭✭✭jill_valentine

Jeremy Clarkson automatically gets a pass for punching Piers Morgan. And I've just seen the previous poster saying as much as I typed this, so we're all agreed.

I don't have any strong opinions whatsoever about Kirsten Stewart. I think Kesha makes terrible music but would probably be a really good laugh.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 139 ✭✭antoswords

[QUOTE=Born on the fourth of July is one of the most heartbreaking and best performances you will see.[/QUOTE]

Couldn't agree more.

• Registered Users Posts: 686 ✭✭✭Flincher

Jeremy Clarkson is on my list of people I want to have a pint with.

I don't really mind Ray D'arcy. He can be a bit of an auld woman at times, but a couple of days a week I catch the first 20 minutes of his show and it seems decent enough. He's probably floating on a lot of goodwill from when I used to watch The Den.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 343 ✭✭Amy33

Amanda Brunker, I can never understand why other women dislike her so much. I love Jedward too, they always make me smile.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,184 ✭✭✭✭Lapin

Scotty # wrote: »
    Eamonn Dunphy.

Love his honesty and the fact he's never afraid to tell it like it is.

Yeah but next week he'll contradict everything he said this week.

Although I do actually like the guy myself.

Because I, eh, love his honesty and the fact he's never afraid to tell it like it is.

• Site Banned Posts: 563 ✭✭✭Wee Willy Harris

Dave mcsavage.

cue the "ah hheyore; leave ihr ouuhhhh.."

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,326 ✭✭✭Jason Todd

I actually like Ray D'Arcy, Eamo Dunphy and Piers Morgan. The latter two are just wind-up merchants, especially Morgan on twitter. I really believe he doesn't care how he looks, just so long as he gets a few kicks out of a situation, I have to laugh at that.

I think Kathryn Thomas seems sound.

I also like Jimmy Kimmel and Adam Sandler.

Am I a bad person?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,225 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

I like Andy Murray and his ''Will ya ever leave me alone'' attitude whenever he's getting interviewed.

• Registered Users Posts: 172 ✭✭jackwigan

Bono...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,674 ✭✭✭Dangerous Man

Millicent wrote: »
    I fucking LOVE Judge Judy. To anyone who thinks she's a shrew/battleaxe/bitch, I say, "Baloney!"

She's an idiot who abuses her status to belittle people who aren't as experienced as her in argument. It's plain as day and is infuriating. A 1st year law student would rip her a new asshole.

I don't understand how you can like somebody who uses a position of authority to shout at people and insult them.

Oh, and I like Honey Boo boo. She's bloody wonderful.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,885 ✭✭✭Optimalprimerib

Nic cage and ray foley.

I don't think I have seen a bad movie with cage in it. Apart from the bad lieutenant.

I

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,773 ✭✭✭Scotty #

She's an idiot who abuses her status to belittle people who aren't as experienced as her in argument. It's plain as day and is infuriating. A 1st year law student would rip her a new asshole.

I don't understand how you can like somebody who uses a position of authority to shout at people and insult them.

Oh, and I like Honey Boo boo. She's bloody wonderful.
    You do realise it's not really a court but actually a TV set? And she is no longer a judge but just a TV presenter (on $45M/year) and is there exactly for the reasons you don't like her?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,812 ✭✭✭✭sbsquarepants

whirlpool wrote: »
    The first ones for me I can think of would be Dr Phil and Brian McFadden. Everyone else seems to strongly dislike them. I don't personally see the problem with them.

You?

I love Dr. Phil - not so much Mr. McFadden - i'm torn between jealousy and pity with him.
    I mean who wouldn't like a shot of Delta, but there's no way in hell i'd do Kerry first to get there. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,515 ✭✭✭✭admiralofthefleet

lady gaga, people always slag her off but id have to be dug out of her

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,277 ✭✭✭poisonated

I'm sure it's been said before but.....Bono(runs and hides).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,161 ✭✭✭rednik

Brendan O'Carroll, decent bloke outside of the media.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,559 ✭✭✭Millicent

Nah, she has an inbuilt BS detector. She doesn't shout at everyone, just the people who are full of crap. I think if everyone had less of a tolerance for bullshit, the world would be a better place. She's had qualified lawyers in the studio too that don't have a patch on her.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,540 ✭✭✭Giselle

Bite.
    Your.
    Tongue.
    :(

ETA: I just googled Honey Boo Boo, and I feel like I need a shower.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 76 ✭✭TheBoss!

It's strange the way people judge you for who you like.

Won't go into too much detail here, but let's just say if you find yourself in Eddie Rockets on a busy Saturday, when it's jam packed with families and the like, playing a bunch of Gary Glitter songs on the jukebox doesn't go down at all well.

• Registered Users Posts: 385 ✭✭JayeL

I also like Amanda Brunker, heard her on Moncrieff the other day and she's very self-aware and knows her strengths.

Plus she has a husky voice, a slightly posh northsider way about her and she's a Protestant and I'm sorry but that's three boxes ticked there for me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,628 ✭✭✭Truley

I think Tom Cruise is a fantastic actor. I don't care about his private life, but he seems like a nice guy and a good husband and father from what I can see. The Scientology thing doesn't really bother me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,773 ✭✭✭Scotty #

JayeL wrote: »
    I also like Amanda Brunker.
    Can't f'king stand her!!

• Registered Users Posts: 912 ✭✭✭chakotha

Kerry Katona. I think she's kinda cute.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,953 ✭✭✭✭Zebra3

Danny Dyer.

I know he lives up to the geezer act but he's a bit of fun in all the films he's in, which themselves are never meant to be 'good' cinema, and he doesn't seem to take himself too seriously either. Not saying I think he's amazing but have a look on the forums on IMDB and the hatred for him is IMO excessive to say the least.

Some tabloid had a "Danny Dyer in coke taking shocker" article a couple of years ago.

How I laughed. :D

chakotha wrote: »
    Kerry Katona. I think she's kinda cute.

She used to be cuter though, and the baps, oh the baps.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 38 blatherskite

Pat Kenny - consummate professional, intelligent, great broadcaster and comes across as a decent guy.

And no, I'm not him!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,061 ✭✭✭keith16

Russell Brand, think he's quite funny myself. But I can see why people wouldn't like them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,344 ✭✭✭buyer95

keith16 wrote: »
    Russell Brand, think he's quite funny myself. But I can see why people wouldn't like them.

I second Russel Brand and would also like to add Jordan, for one simple reason, i like her tits:P

buyer95 wrote: »
    I second Russel Brand and would also like to add Jordan, for one simple reason, i like her tits:P

A valid reason, I also enjoy Jordans tits.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,416 ✭✭✭Dave_The_Sheep

Truley wrote: »
    I think Tom Cruise is a fantastic actor. I don't care about his private life, but he seems like a nice guy and a good husband and father from what I can see. The Scientology thing doesn't really bother me.

You had me until there.

Anyone who tries to bring their child up into a brainwashing cult (or religion for that matter) isn't a good parent.

That said, I'm fairly anti-religious so I may be overreacting.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,605 ✭✭✭OakeyDokey

Nicholas Cage - Great actor!

Lady Gaga - Saw her on Ellen and behind her outrageous clothes she seems pretty down to earth, professional, intelligent women.

Kirsten Stewart - Might get some hate for this but after watching her in a few a interviews she seems rather down to earth, she doesn't act like a celeb and believe it or not she does have more than one facial expression and uses them!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,416 ✭✭✭Dave_The_Sheep

OakeyDokey wrote: »
    Kirsten Stewart - Might get some hate for this but after watching her in a few a interviews she seems rather down to earth, she doesn't act like a celeb and believe it or not she does have more than one facial expression and uses them!!

Just not while acting.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,908 ✭✭✭✭Rothko

JayeL wrote: »
    I also like Amanda Brunker, heard her on Moncrieff the other day and she's very self-aware and knows her strengths.

Plus she has a husky voice, a slightly posh northsider way about her and she's a Protestant and I'm sorry but that's three boxes ticked there for me.

What does that have to do with anything? :confused:
    And no, I'm not him!

Are you sure?

• Registered Users Posts: 11 Decky10

Couldn,t of said it better myself.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11 Decky10

hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaahahahahahahahaahahaha BEST JOKE I EVER HEARD THE GUY IS AN ASSHOLE

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,324 ✭✭✭BillyMitchel

Lindsay Lohan. Always liked her, no idea why but there you go! It's probably a sex thing though, always fancied giving her one!

Decky10 wrote: »
    Couldn,t of said it better myself.

Evidently.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 237 ✭✭Awesome-O

Jedward, they crack me up, two young lads living the dream and enjoying every second.

Makes me laugh when they wind other people up, love them.

• Registered Users Posts: 297 ✭✭RossyG

Ryan Tubridy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,143 ✭✭✭D-FENS

Chris Martin, a thoroughly pleasant fellow. The wife loves him too, I reckon I could live with them sleeping together. Even if not part of a swapsies deal with Gwyneth

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,643 ✭✭✭Father Damo

Danny Dyer.

I know he lives up to the geezer act but he's a bit of fun in all the films he's in, which themselves are never meant to be 'good' cinema, and he doesn't seem to take himself too seriously either. Not saying I think he's amazing but have a look on the forums on IMDB and the hatred for him is IMO excessive to say the least.

Too right. He does play himself in every film, but it is still very entertaining.

Maybe not celebrity as such, but Ashley/ Cashley Cole has not done anything majorly different in terms of team disloyalty/selling out than god knows how many other players have, yet he is arguably tied with John Terry as the worlds most despised footballer. I would not say I am any type of fan of his but there are definitely a few more reprehensible characters in the game, like Luis Suarez (and I am a Pool fan, the man has dragged them into the dirt IMO and ny decent mnager would have fcuked him off)

Have to disagree with the OP mind- from reading his interviews and from some first hand accounts off people who met him, Brian McFadden really does seem to be a self absorbed wannabe D4 bellend of the highest order (ffs didnt he even chnge his name to "Bryan McFadden" at one point? Apparently Brian must be too much of a name that your dads mate has :) )

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,473 ✭✭✭Wacker The Attacker

I think Amanda Brunker is a fine thing.

She might be a bit annoying at times but I'd definitely screw her to the bed

• Registered Users Posts: 1,903 ✭✭✭Napper Hawkins

Suas11 wrote: »
    What does that have to do with anything? :confused:

Some people are freaks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,199 ✭✭✭hollster2

pippa o connor her big horse mouth annoys the s**t outta me.

reason before she was a MODEL aka woof central she was a size 12 and now says that she was FAT at that size which is not on really better be like that then someone starving who needs a burger.....

oh got that off my chest lol
    forgot the whole point of thread lol

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,117 ✭✭✭Defiler Of The Coffin

hollster2 wrote: »
    pippa o connor her big horse mouth annoys the s**t outta me.

reason before she was a MODEL aka woof central she was a size 12 and now says that she was FAT at that size which is not on really better be like that then someone starving who needs a burger.....

oh got that off my chest lol
    forgot the whole point of thread lol

What is it about Irish Models? They seem to occupy the horsey-end of the scale more often than not

• Advertisement
Advertisement