Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Australia?

Options
  • 18-09-2012 10:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1

First of all this is my first time on here and was wondering if anyone had any information on going to austrailia regarding a lot of aspects, including travel insurance, work accomodation and the like . I would really appreciate if someone in the know had any wisdom to share. awaiting your response:confused:

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,102 ✭✭✭Stinicker

You've posted in the wrong forum.

here is where you need to post! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 15,127 ✭✭✭✭kerry4sam

Moved from Travel.

Welcome to Boards op (brendan w) :)

Thanks,
    kerry4sam

• Registered Users Posts: 402 ✭✭Cooperspale

brendan w wrote: »
    First of all this is my first time on here and was wondering if anyone had any information on going to austrailia regarding a lot of aspects, including travel insurance, work accomodation and the like . I would really appreciate if someone in the know had any wisdom to share. awaiting your response:confused:

Most answers to any questions you may have are in this sticky:

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056170937

There are a lot of companies in Ireland that do annual travel insurance; google or phone for a quote.

Australia is huge; you haven't said where you intend heading. The big cities have their particular suburbs where backpackers accumulate eg Bondi, St. Kilda, West End of Brisbane etc. Most people stay in a hostel when they first get here. It can be a good place to start; everyone is generally in the same boat. There are some hostels that have long termers but it may not be ideal if you are working, having early starts etc as inevitably there will be parties, noise and that carry on. It all depends on what you want out of your experience over here.

Do you have a qualification or trade? That makes getting a job much easier.

In general, Australia will be pretty good for you. It is different here, footy is the oval ball game either Aussie Rules or Rugby League depending on where you are. Cricket is the summer sport and soccer comes in the form of the A-league...Yawn. You'll be up at ungodly hours if you want to watch EPL in some random bar unless you rent a house with Foxtel sports and record it on the iQ (like sky plus)
    Breakfast rolls are hard to come by but some of the backpacker burbs have spots that do something similar. Pies and sausage rolls are the main contenders.

Summer can be hot as hell, fine if you're on holiday sipping a frothie in the pool but not so if you're out amongst it slogging your guts out on a building site or even wearing a suit outside walking the streets to interviews.

Good luck

• Registered Users Posts: 5 markcooper006

one of my favourite place....lov it...

• Registered Users Posts: 47 elliott550

'and soccer comes in the form of the A-league...Yawn.'

Have you been watching it lately, great stuff!

• Advertisement
Advertisement