Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Choosing Running Shoes

Options
  • 18-09-2012 10:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 312 ✭✭

I've had all my running shoes pretty much chosen for me by the good folk at John Buckleys in Cork. Is there any method for finding out the kind of running shoe I should be buying by myself, so I can by online?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,121 ✭✭✭tang1

I've had all my running shoes pretty much chosen for me by the good folk at John Buckleys in Cork. Is there any method for finding out the kind of running shoe I should be buying by myself, so I can by online?

What shoes you running in?

• Registered Users Posts: 312 ✭✭monthehoops

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,121 ✭✭✭tang1

They are a stability/structured shoe, you could look at the updated version of them. If you haven't been fitted in a while might be best to get it done again. Not all stability/structured shoes might suit you and you end up wasting money on a runner thats not suited to your running style.

• Registered Users Posts: 434 ✭✭tomred1N

Been running in asics 2150 runners for over a year(2pairs) got gait analysis done last week and have neutral gait. 2150 are for mild over pronators. Will i get asisc cumulus runners or stick with 2160 :range 6 weeks before a marathon

• Registered Users Posts: 5,468 ✭✭✭sconhome

tomred1N wrote: »
    Been running in asics 2150 runners for over a year(2pairs) got gait analysis done last week and have neutral gait. 2150 are for mild over pronators. Will i get asisc cumulus runners or stick with 2160 :range 6 weeks before a marathon

If you have been injury free in the 2150 I would not be changing to a neutral shoe 6 weeks before a marathon. The change in the dynamics could mes you up completely especially when you still have a couple of long runs to get through.

I know this is contradicting the guidelines; "why would you put a neutral foot into a guidance shoe?" simply because it has been working for you & to change could cause problems.

Another consideration is even if your foot looks neutral, has the deterioration in form been considered when you factor in long runs, tiredness, dehydration etc. etc. you may actually need the support in the long run.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,800 ✭✭✭thirstywork2

Should be very little breaking in shoes if similar model.I would stick with same model as it's so close to the marathon.

• Registered Users Posts: 434 ✭✭tomred1N

tomred1N wrote: »

If you have been injury free in the 2150 I would not ng to a neutral shoe 6 weeks before a marathon. The change in the dynamics could mes you up co н ж mpletely especially when you still have a couple of long runs to get through.

I know this is contradicting the guidelines; "why would you put a neutral foot into a guidance shoe?" simply because it has been working for you & to change could cause problems.

Another consideration is even if your foot looks neutral, has the deterioration in form been considered when you factor in long runs, tiredness, dehydration etc. etc. you may actually need the
    i ng run.
    Thanks for the replies. will stick with the support runner as i have not had any injury so far except for left hamstring which has always been a weak point.

Advertisement