Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Beard trimmer

• 18-09-2012 10:56pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,593 ✭✭✭

Hi all

I am hoping you can help with my query, I currently have a Babyliss istubble beard trimmer and the battery is fecked in it, barely able to get a full trim from it now..

So as you can guess I am looking for a replacement but not sure what is the best out there at the moment.. Have seen some good reviews on the Braun Cruzer 6 Face Shaver and like the versatility that it has.

Does anybody have any other recommendations as don't wanna really spend a fortune on one either...

Regards
    Tommy

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,213 ✭✭✭pm1977x

Are you me? :eek:

IN!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,926 ✭✭✭beardybrewer

I've been using this one for over a year now and find it very good: http://www.amazon.co.uk/Remington-MB320C-Barba-Beard-Trimmer/dp/B000SZ7460/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1348226400&sr=8-1

Just look at the reviews and the price. It's a good little trimmer.

Btw, I've had terrible luck with Philips products in relation to rechargable batteries. This one holds it's charge for months (I only use it once a week)!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,388 ✭✭✭xtal191

+1 for the remington, got it to replace a babyliss and its much better!!

I bought a WAHL battery powered one from Argos over the weekend, 6 different length settings, various attachments for moustache and jawline, seems very good so far and the trim guard seemed to give a very consistent length unlike my last Babyliss iStubble.

Have only used it once but happy so far, 12.99 with 2 batteries and with cheapo batteries from the 2euro shops I'm hoping it won't be too expensive to run, some of the charge times of the other ones seem mental :eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,593 ✭✭✭tommycahir

I'm actually going to pick one of these (Wahl 9906-1117X Battery Groomsman Hair Trimmer) up in the next few days as a stop gap until I decide on a long term one to get. It ain't bad for €7.77 and there is plenty of stock around the country http://www.checkargos.com/index.php?productId=443/2887

• Advertisement

the second I buy it it drops in price by a fiver! :mad:

ah well, still decent value I think

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 112 ✭✭FortyMedals

http://www.argos.ie/static/Product/partNumber/4432454/Trail/searchtext%3EBEARD+TRIMMER.htm

i have been using this, its fantastic, its on a deal now too, it has 9 built-in length settings, i only ever use 2 or 3, i hate clean shaving, so i bought this and it does the job perfect :) best money i spent in years, battery lasts 30 mins,

Advertisement