Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

When somebody really wants your number what do you do?

2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,020 ✭✭✭homeless student

doovdela wrote: »
    Very good man yourself! So proud!! I feel like a mammy now and I only young 27!:D

lol ok cheers:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,133 ✭✭✭FloatingVoter

Give them the number of the Samaritans or AA. If the dipstick falls for that old con they're not worth your time.

After Hours is my favorite 2-blog website on the whole internet.

• Site Banned Posts: 563 ✭✭✭Wee Willy Harris

That only happened me once, she gave me hers in the mez but was gone back to italy when I used it

little blond thing called Erika. more scandinavian, for sure

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,876 ✭✭✭Spread

Give them the number of the Samaritans or AA. If the dipstick falls for that old con they're not worth your time.

Or the local Clap Clinic

• Registered Users Posts: 283 ✭✭validusername1

WumBuster wrote: »
    Im the guy who is always asking for the number, rarely happens that i get asked for mine! Its always handy having a new no. in your phone when you wake up next morning then you can decide in the cold light of day if its really worth persuing or not.On occasions Ive got wrong numbers, dosent bother me, but its always polite to ask for the number anyway even if you have no intention of ringing it.

I hate when guys take my number then don't text. It's like, why ask for it in the first place?
    Although I also hate when they don't ask for a number at all & just leave.. Hard to know what the best way is ha

• Registered Users Posts: 283 ✭✭validusername1

I just say no if I don't wanna give my number.. There's no point giving it to someone & making them think you're interested if you're not

• Site Banned Posts: 563 ✭✭✭Wee Willy Harris

I mean I just assumed she was gone back it's not like I was going to call her or anything...

besides it was her; who asked to swap numbers I just wanted to swap spit for a bit. When I look back think of potential meal tickets n here I am, now; hank marvin... sometimes it just goes without saying.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,910 ✭✭✭OneArt

Kill them.

It's quick, less awkward and you don't have to speak to them again.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭JamieKCCO

How do you get people to ask for your number? :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,455 ✭✭✭Where To

JamieKCCO wrote: »
    How do you get people to ask for your number? :(
    Become an excellent, well mannered, truthful and honest, well groomed and tidy, hardworking and affable. . . .

. . . . Taximan.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,166 ✭✭✭Tasden

AngeGal wrote: »
    The obvious thing is surely to give your number but change one digit, that way if you ever see them again, can say oh no its not 7 its 6 or whatever, could be either persons fault then.

I developed this tactic after one particularly bad experience with someone not getting the hint after i gave my real number. So a year later after said person finally got the hint i bump into them at college, straight away Im asked for my new number (assumed the reason i hadnt been in touch was due to a new phone) so i use my new tactic, switching one digit, left safe in the knowledge i wouldnt have to deal with all that again. Next thing i get a text 'lol you accidently gave me the wrong number, messed up one of the digits but lucky i had your number saved from last time so i knew the correct number to text!'

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,090 ✭✭✭jill_valentine

"Tell you what, you give me your number and I'll think about it."

• Closed Accounts Posts: 83 ✭✭nachocheese

The people in this thread:

http://qkme.me/3qz8kd

• Registered Users Posts: 8 Cuddlemonsta

Hey OP, give them my number.

I'm a Funeral Director

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 247 ✭✭MadameGascar

I'm a Funeral Director

I give the number for a mortuary :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,635 ✭✭✭eth0

I'm a Funeral Director

Undertaker. Get off the euphemism treadmill

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 745 ✭✭✭csi vegas

When I was single (many moons ago now) I wouldn't give them MY number but I would ask them for theirs, "no - give me yours!" - making me look like I was sensible (and sober).

The one guy I did call however I got stuck with, 14 years later...
    I wouldn't recommend it.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,500 ✭✭✭✭DEFTLEFTHAND

csi vegas wrote: »
    When I was single (many moons ago now) I wouldn't give them MY number but I would ask them for theirs, "no - give me yours!" - making me look like I was sensible (and sober).

The one guy I did call however I got stuck with, 14 years later...
    I wouldn't recommend it.

That's a good way around alright. Demand their number instead and say you'll text in the morning before promptly deleting it when they leave your company. :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,073 ✭✭✭Pottler

My numbers written in 6" letters all over a load of vans. I have no control over who rings it and jasus, some yokes do love to use the phone.

• Advertisement

Pottler wrote: »
    My numbers written in 6" letters all over a load of vans. I have no control over who rings it and jasus, some yokes do love to use the phone.

If i ever buy a van i'll have a professionally made 'hows my driving' sticker along with an 1850 number I buy off blueface or some crowd stuck on the back of it

The 1850 number will be forwarded to my mobile

eth0 wrote: »
    If i ever buy a van i'll have a professionally made 'hows my driving' sticker along with an 1850 number I buy off blueface or some crowd stuck on the back of it

The 1850 number will be forwarded to my mobile
    I was gonna get "Hows my driving? Call 1850 likeIgiveashyte" stuck on ours, but apprently that's "unprofessional". Pfft.

I was gonna get "Hows my driving? Call 1850 likeIgiveashyte" stuck on ours, but apprently that's "unprofessional". Pfft.

Bah, ould managerial dry shoites and their "soft skills".

eth0 wrote: »
    Bah, ould managerial dry shoites and their "soft skills".
    I thought it fully communicated our dedication to serving the public.

• Registered Users Posts: 810 ✭✭✭augustus gloop

The people in this thread:

http://qkme.me/3qz8kd
    ha ha nice one!!!
    i was just thinking this was a thinly veiled brag thread:D:D

its the pack mentality of irish women that makes it so hard to talk to them, and anyways half them are stuck up their own hole.... thats a different thread tho:pac:

I thought it fully communicated our dedication to serving the public.

You need an ould filler phrase in there like "going forward" or "with wholistic all encompassing (something) world-class seamlessly integrated solutions"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,029 ✭✭✭shedweller

To answer the OP, if shes hot and i want, then i give the number. If shes not and i'm not, then i mix up a few digits. Problem solved!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 527 ✭✭✭shuvly

Hey. I just met you, and this is crazy.....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,293 ✭✭✭1ZRed

shuvly wrote: »
    Hey. I just met you, and this is crazy.....

Oh yes, and there are definitely some crazies sometimes..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,713 ✭✭✭✭Novella

If somebody wanted my phone number but I didn't want them to have it, I'd have absolutely no issue saying no.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,184 ✭✭✭marshbaboon

NO ONE HAS EVER WANTED MY PHONE NUMBER.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 258 ✭✭prettyinpink

Depends on my level of drunkness, Usually i say no but the drunker i get I'll give out a fake number, preferably the number of the last guy before him that asked for me :D

Advertisement