Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Downlaod a programme from UPC digital Box

• 19-09-2012 12:10am
    Registered Users Posts: 372 ✭✭

As the title said is it possoble to downlaod something I have recorded off the UPC box.As I want to burn it to a dvd for a friend.Notice there is a usb port on the back and has me thinking!

Thanks in advance

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 938 ✭✭✭swampy353

brian2614 wrote: »
    As the title said is it possoble to downlaod something I have recorded off the UPC box.As I want to burn it to a dvd for a friend.Notice there is a usb port on the back and has me thinking!

Thanks in advance
    Can't be done. The box records the channel stream with all the copy protection, when you watch it decodes it using your card. If you were able to access the hdd, which you can't, it would still be copy protected. Only way would be to connect a dvd recorder and play the programme through the box and record that

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,237 ✭✭✭✭djimi

No easy way I'm afraid; that USB port has no use to the end user. Only way would be to hook up a DVD recorder or some other pass thru recording device and record off the box as you play the program back.

• Registered Users Posts: 372 ✭✭brian2614

Thanks lads :(

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,931 Mod ✭✭✭✭icdg

Think its best to close this thread before people start suggesting things that can't be discussed.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement