Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Soccer forum warning

Options
  • 19-09-2012 12:25am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5,139 ✭✭✭

Hi,

Yesterday at 22:11 I received a warning from the moderator Thanx 4 The Fish for posting the following on the soccer forum:
    Xavi6 wrote: »
    Went to the Bernabeu and scored two but deserve 'nothing'? Fuck off tbh

They were by far the better team. Your just being a poor loser and stop being so childish.

I received this warning for abuse and trolling both of which I think are unfair. The warning also has stated that other posts have 'supported the fact that you're a troll'. I have discussed this with T4TF and he has stood by his decision.

Why do I feel the warning is unfair? I feel the warning is unfair and unjust because I certainly was not trolling or being abusive. My basic views on the thread were supported by many others, through different posts etc., so I was certainly not just being controversial as many other posters were posting along similar lines. I stated he was being childish. I don't see how that is abusive as it was relating to his post as was the sore loser bit.

Thanks for taking the time to look into this.

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 47,251 CMod ✭✭✭✭Black Swan

Please forward to me by PM all the PM's you have exchanged with the moderator that pertained to this yellow card at your earliest convenience. Please don't post them on this thread unless asked.

EDIT: PMs received. Thanks.

Point of clarification: You may post PMs that pertain directly to your dispute resolution on this thread in accordance with dispute resolution guidelines, with or without my permission. I am merely asking you to please consider sharing them with me in the interests of mediation between you and the mod to see if a resolution can be achieved at that level.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,139 ✭✭✭Red Crow

Hi Black Swan,

The moderator has stood by the original decision so we have failed to agree at that level. If you like I can post the PM's here if you require that?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 47,251 CMod ✭✭✭✭Black Swan

Hi Black Swan,

The moderator has stood by the original decision so we have failed to agree at that level. If you like I can post the PM's here if you require that?
    Not necessary. Only if you have a need to. Must get to this DRP sometime today. This week has been a grizzly bear with outside commitments, and I want to give your DRP a comprehensive review.

Ok thanks for looking into it and no problem today seems to be a busy week for everyone.

Both Eli Manning and mod Thanx 4 The Fish (T4TF) are thanked for their cooperation and patience in the handling of this DRP.

Please be advised that I have reviewed all posts, thread, and PMs exchanged that pertained to this DRP, as well as the Soccer charter and posting histories of all parties concerned. Let's also put this DRP into perspective, given that it only concerns a yellow card WARNING, and not a red card infraction or ban.

A posting exchange had occurred between Xavi6 and Eli Manning, that exceeded the 2 quoted above by Eli Manning in this DRP. More than 10 reports had been received from forum members that pertained to this exchange, so its fair to assume that this exchange had been unnecessarily disruptive of the thread and forum, beyond the normal banter expected in sports.

Eli Manning reported the first post as "abusive," but rather than wait for the mods to address the post per guidelines, Eli Manning then posted comments on the thread in reply that were very personal and derogatory towards the person he had reported. Two stand out below:

Earlier Eli Manning Post:
    “Real Madrid should of been out of sight in the first half tbh and don't be so childish.”

Yellow Carded Eli Manning Post:
    “They were by far the better team. Your just being a poor loser and stop being so childish.”

Calling another poster "childish," not once, but twice for emphasis, clearly was trollish and fanned the flames of the exchange between posters, as well as being personally abusive. Both posters involved in this exchange had been yellow card warned, so there had been no imbalance in treatment by Soccer mods. Consequently, I find no compelling evidence to reverse this yellow card warning.

The Sports Cmod review of this DRP has been completed. Eli Manning has two choices at this point: (1) He may learn from this issue, request that this DRP be closed, and move on; or (2) he may request an Admin review.

Please advise.

• Advertisement

Hi Black Swan,

Thanks for looking into this issue and I disagree strongly that I fanned the flames because the poster I was replying to told me to "fúck off" because of this post
    In fairness Kompany has been sh1t. City have deserved nothing.

It wasn't 'trollish' and I was already posting in the thread which I started off with commenting on how good a particular Manchester City player was. It was a valid opinion which was based on how the match was being played.

I'd like the raise the issue higher up if that's possible please.

Saying somebody is being 'childish' for telling me to 'fúck off' isn't abuse on my part IMO.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,413 ✭✭✭✭Trojan

Upon further review, the ruling on the field is upheld.

Both posters were out of line.
    Both posters were retaliating for perceived abuse from the other. Both posters deserved and received Yellow Card warnings.

Resolved.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement