Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What's a good leather pouch?

Options
  • 19-09-2012 1:28am
    Registered Users Posts: 37,302 ✭✭✭✭

Hello all,

Currently just use the same pouch for tobacco, as sometimes I buy the boxes, and just empty it in, or whatever, but thinking of getting a proper leather pouch (have been looking at Petersons range).

So, does anyone here use one, and does it it keep the tobacco from drying out? Also, does it have a separate slip for the skins? I find that the skins tend to go unsticky if left in the same place as the tobacco. Would prefer not spending more than €40 on a pouch, and if it's an online shop, that they take laser and/or Paypal.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭miltonkrest

you might try invictarbriars.com, they're a uk company or ebay but if possible you could support petersons - an irish company.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,302 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

you might try invictarbriars.com, they're a uk company or ebay but if possible you could support petersons - an irish company.
    I stopped doing the "support an Irish company" back in the boom days when they would charge me a "paddy tax" simply because they knew they could get away with it. Have you bought from invictabriars.com yourself? Found a few "pipe & pouch" packages, but no pouches on their own.

• Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭miltonkrest

no, not a pipe smoker myself so have'nt used them but my pipe smoking mate does and thinks they're good value - he buys tobacco from them - never a pouch.
    i know what you mean about paddy tax but i've always found petersons spot -on for value and if you haggle a bit they always throw in something extra!

Advertisement