Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

cancer support

Options
  • 19-09-2012 2:19am
    Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭

Hi, I hope I'm in the right forum. I was diagnosed with cancer in march and recently got the all clear. I'm in my early 20s, and its not breast cancer, and I'm struggling to find support groups/ counselling for my issue. Has anyone else found support groups for rare cases and where? Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,442 ✭✭✭Condo131

Ring the Irish Cancer Society Freefone helpline 1800-200-700 and they should be able to help you out. They should also be able to give you contact details for support groups appropriate to your particular form of Cancer, and in your locality.

Great to hear that you've been given the all clear! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,458 ✭✭✭CathyMoran

I was diagnosed when I was 32 with oesophageal cancer which is less common than breast cancer and I also found problems getting support though there is a charity for my cancer. The link as above is great but also most people know someone who knows someone who has had your type, though they may not be the same age as you. I met a really good friend who is another survivor via a friend of my brother who has a friend who is a survivor.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,365 Mod ✭✭✭✭RacoonQueen

They also have an online forum on www.cancer.ie but I can't seem to find it now. Can be a good place to get support and information.

Glad you got the all clear.

edit: found it http://forum.cancer.ie/phpBB3/

Shame it's so hard to find, it could prove a valuable resource if it takes off ala boards.ie

Advertisement