Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UPC Cisco EPC3925: Enabling True Bridge Mode - A Simple How-to Guide

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 925 ✭✭✭whosedaddy?

Asm wrote: »
    So I could try request one. Thanks.

If you have a fault that warrants box replacement, chances are you'll get a 3925.
    I doubt asking for a new one without reason will get you anywhere.
    Btw what box do you have atm?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 73 ✭✭Asm

AT the moment I have a Horizon box that keeps enabling its wifi.

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Horizon users can request an EPC, but it costs €45. Somebody in UPC copped that not all custs want their modem under their tv.

That said, his wifi thing wont stop due to it, as per the other thread. But just get all your devices to forget the old network and it'll sit there idle, no probs.

ED E wrote: »
    Horizon users can request an EPC, but it costs €45. Somebody in UPC copped that not all custs want their modem under their tv.

That said, his wifi thing wont stop due to it, as per the other thread. But just get all your devices to forget the old network and it'll sit there idle, no probs.

Yeah, it has DHCP etc disabled atm. I think I'll request an EPC so I can properly bridge my rt-n66u to it.
    Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 339 ✭✭Fiddlex

I'm using the epc3925 and in my administration table it allows me to select bridge only mode is that the same as what this guide does? I am interested in doing bridge mode for nat reasons alone. Since this would be my first time doing this does anyone have a recommendation for a good router to use and a guide to set it up? My main reason to do this is for gaming. Thanks

• Advertisement

I'm using an Asus rt-n66u. It's a brilliant router. It should be around €100 on amazon but I got mine from PC World.

• Registered Users Posts: 238 ✭✭Shorty11857

Has anyone been having a problem where their speeds just suddenly drop to below 1Mbps and they have to restart the Cisco router? Just started happening recently, used to happen before I placed it in bridge mode consistently too

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Has anyone been having a problem where their speeds just suddenly drop to below 1Mbps and they have to restart the Cisco router? Just started happening recently, used to happen before I placed it in bridge mode consistently too

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056836825

Put the kettle on and have a read.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 SO200

Hi folks

I also have the EPC3925 and, try as I may, I cannot open that darn sucker to the outside world:

Remote management: FAIL
    Port forwarding: FAIL
    DMZ: FAIL

I'm checking open ports using both canyouseeme.org and shieldsup along with various proxy servers. I've spent quite a few hours on this.

Is this the expected experience and one of the justification for putting the unit into bridging mode? I'd hate to buy a new asus router to find that something is still preventing me from opening ports.

Any advice is appreciated.
    Thanks
    Steve

I'm using an Asus rt-n66u. It's a brilliant router. It should be around €100 on amazon but I got mine from PC World.

Looks like a sweet one. How do you go about setting it up with the bridge ?

• Advertisement

Fiddlex wrote: »
    Looks like a sweet one. How do you go about setting it up with the bridge ?

I currently have the Horizon box so what I did is I plugged my asus into the horizon lan port and logged into my asus router and set it up to request a static ip. I then logged into the horizon and put the asus ip into the DMZ (Had to do it this way as Horizon doesn't support bridging).
    If you had the EPC3925 you would simply log onto it and click on "Bridge Mode" somewhere in the settings. Then you'd just plug the asus into the lan port and that's it.

I ordered a separate modem off UPC but the man said that he cannot guarantee what modem I get. Either way I'd be able to bridge the Cisco, Thomson and Technicolor. But I'd prefer the Cisco EPC3925. Does anyone know what one I'm more likely to get?

Thanks.

*Update: I got the Thomson.

I currently have the Horizon box so what I did is I plugged my asus into the horizon lan port and logged into my asus router and set it up to request a static ip. I then logged into the horizon and put the asus ip into the DMZ (Had to do it this way as Horizon doesn't support bridging).
    If you had the EPC3925 you would simply log onto it and click on "Bridge Mode" somewhere in the settings. Then you'd just plug the asus into the lan port and that's it.

Sounds easy enough my epc does have bridge mode. Thanks for the help.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 dejanr

Hi DECEiFER,

Thank you for this great thread, but I was not able to put my Cisco EPC3925 in bridge mode. Maybe I have some newer (or older) version of the firmware. When I do the medicine you described, the code on my Administration.asp page does not correspond to the code you modified. There are many similarities, but also many differences. When I paste your code, the administration page is unreadable, and there is not a checkbox to select bridge mode.

The code of my Administration.asp page is enclosed, please advise.

Dejan

• Registered Users Posts: 925 ✭✭✭whosedaddy?

Hi Dejan
    What firmware version does your 3925 report?

/WD

• Registered Users Posts: 2 dejanr

It says Firmware Version: epc3925-ESIP-16-v302r125573-130606c

• Registered Users Posts: 1 aircrocodile

I tried and tried, but I cannot get it work.

Details of my device:

The current software revision is: epc3925-ESIP-12-v302r125572-130412c_upc
    The firmware name is: epc3925-ESIP-12-v302r125572-130412c_upc.bin
    The firmware build time is: Apr 12 14:05:19 2013
    Here is my source code: http://pastebin.com/iXDXJduP

Here is what I get after pasting the new source code:
    http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/560/2ssc.jpg/

Can someone help me?

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Riyyi

dejanr wrote: »
    It says Firmware Version: epc3925-ESIP-16-v302r125573-130606c

Same here, the dropdown box isnt filled with data, seems they patched it.
    Current Software Revision: epc3925-ESIP-12-v302r125572-130301c_upc

• Registered Users Posts: 3,212 ✭✭✭DECEiFER

Lads, use Opera 12. I know there's later versions of Opera but 12 is the last that used the old Presto engine before they moved to Blink (what Chrome uses). It's the only way I can get it to work.

DECEiFER wrote: »
    Lads, use Opera 12. I know there's later versions of Opera but 12 is the last that used the old Presto engine before they moved to Blink (what Chrome uses). It's the only way I can get it to work.

Please help me... how do you edit html on Opera 12? Im going insane here
    Send from my phone using my provider internet...

• Advertisement

Riyyi wrote: »
    Please help me... how do you edit html on Opera 12? Im going insane here
    Send from my phone using my provider internet...
    Ctrl-U to bring up the source code window tab, which is completely editable, not just by node. You can select all the code and replace it with what's in my Pastebin in the first post.

EDIT: Then hit Apply and the changes will be visible in the main tab.

Ctrl-U to bring up the source code window tab, which is completely editable, not just by node. You can select all the code and replace it with what's in my Pastebin in the first post.

EDIT: Then hit Apply and the changes will be visible in the main tab.

Thanks for the help the editing worked, I selected Brided Only mode, but if I press Apply it gives me a black page: 403 FORBIDDEN

Thanks for the help the editing worked, I selected Brided Only mode, but if I press Apply it gives me a black page: 403 FORBIDDEN
    Are you in Ireland? This only seems to work with UPC Ireland. Otherwise you'll have to contact UPC and ask them to bridge it remotely for you, which that can and have done in the past.

Are you in Ireland? This only seems to work with UPC Ireland. Otherwise you'll have to contact UPC and ask them to bridge it remotely for you, which that can and have done in the past.

No I'm from the Nederlands, but alright I'll give them a call tomorrow and see what happens.

No I'm from the Nederlands, but alright I'll give them a call tomorrow and see what happens.
    Whoa, even better. As far as I know, in The Netherlands, you're in the only UPC region that allows bridging of the TechniColor TC2700. That's what UPC are issuing today, or at least it was months ago, since they don't issue the EPC3925 as standard to residential customers anymore.

That being the case, tell them you're having trouble with your modem and ask for someone to take a look. Obviously you'll have to lie to them but hopefully you'll get the TC2700 instead and you'll be able to bridge it. Here the TC2700 is not able to be easily bridged (though someone found a way of doing it). Why do UPC keep deciding on disabling the feature? No idea. But in The Netherlands they have been wise enough not only to allow it but it's documented on UPC.nl.

Hopefully this information still applies today:
    https://vragen.upc.nl/app/answers/detail/a_id/1153/~/eigen-router-aansluiten-op-technicolor-tc7200&act=url

EDIT:

The only concern I have is here:
    http://www.upc.nl/pdf/upc-handleiding-draadloos-modem-tc-7200.pdf

This is the manual and the option is not there, like on ours. The information on the two source I've provided is conflicting. So maybe get a heads-up from UPC before opting to change to the device.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,317 ✭✭✭gavmcg92

Having problems with my UPC modem. Engineer coming out on Monday to have a look at it. What are the chances he'll give me a 3925 if he has to replace mine? What are the other modems that are in circulation and can all of them be put in bridge one way or another?

gavmcg92 wrote: »
    Having problems with my UPC modem. Engineer coming out on Monday to have a look at it. What are the chances he'll give me a 3925 if he has to replace mine? What are the other modems that are in circulation and can all of them be put in bridge one way or another?
    It's unlikely that you will get a 3925 but not impossible. They still issue these to business customers as a "high-end" device. Bare jokes!

The other devices aren't bridgeable, or at least they weren't the last time I checked.

Today they ordinarily supply the Technicolor TC2700 with the option to bridge in the System menu conveniently hidden along with the backend functionality. HTML injection does nothing.

Check this out to see if anyone has figured out how to do this with the TC2700 (I haven't been keeping up with it), but the thread is based primarily on the old Thomson:
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057106714

It's unlikely that you will get a 3925 but not impossible. They still issue these to business customers as a "high-end" device. Bare jokes!

The other devices aren't bridgeable, or at least they weren't the last time I checked.

Today they ordinarily supply the Technicolor TC2700 with the option to bridge in the System menu conveniently hidden along with the backend functionality. HTML injection does nothing.

Check this out to see if anyone has figured out how to do this with the TC2700 (I haven't been keeping up with it), but the thread is based primarily on the old Thomson:
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057106714

So do I have any options? Or is it a case of tough look?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,582 ✭✭✭docentore

gavmcg92 wrote: »

What modem do you have now?

• Advertisement

docentore wrote: »
    What modem do you have now?

The 3925. Pretty sure I have a second one in the garage too but that was taken out because of a fault.

Advertisement