Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UPC Cisco EPC3925: Enabling True Bridge Mode - A Simple How-to Guide

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2 gino.rockt

Thanks for the Responses but I'm still stuck. I recognized some lines at the end of the code:
    <input type="hidden" value="1" name="preWorkingMode">
    <input type="hidden" value="disable" name="h_remote_management">
    <input type="hidden" value="2" name="h_check_WebAccessUserIfLevel">
    <input type="hidden" value="enable" name="h_upnp_enable">
    <input type="hidden" value="enable" name="h_wlan_enable">
    <input type="hidden" value="common" name="h_user_type">

can I use this lines to make the working mode visible?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,027 ✭✭✭Doge

Does anyone have a problem with ethernet not connecting after the modem has been powered on for a certain amount of time?

I have a raspberry pi connected to my EPC3925, and im finding that when i power on the Pi the ethernet light does not light up on the modem a lot of the time.

The cable is fine, even if i connect a laptop to another port it still fails to light up.

The only solution is to power off and power on the modem.

I wonder if theres some kind of ethernet power saving setting or something?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,747 ✭✭✭degsie

Might be overheating. Make sure the unit is well ventilated. Some on here have modded with an external fan.

• Registered Users Posts: 19 lejeffy

Hi everyone, i would like to bridge our EPC3925 and plan to buy a TP-link modem/router n600.
    The only think i am not sure about is: do i have to buy the phone line connection version or the cable version... ???
    Thanks for your help.
    Cheers

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 12,448 Mod ✭✭✭✭dub45

lejeffy wrote: »
    Hi everyone, i would like to bridge our EPC3925 and plan to buy a TP-link modem/router n600.
    The only think i am not sure about is: do i have to buy the phone line connection version or the cable version... ???
    Thanks for your help.
    Cheers

Cable version. (Modem version would only be for Eircom type broadband i.e where you are using the phone line.)

• Advertisement

Thank for the answer...

Does anybody know that modem router?
    TP-link TD-W8980

And would it be ok to use with our Cisco EPC3925 bridged?
    We have a 120 MB connection form UPC

This is the type of router that you want.

But have a look at this thread for more information on the routers that people are using.

lejeffy wrote: »
    Thank for the answer...

Does anybody know that modem router?
    TP-link TD-W8980

And would it be ok to use with our Cisco EPC3925 bridged?
    We have a 120 MB connection form UPC

I have that exact router used with my bridged 3925. The router is dual function (adsl/cable) so you select 'wireless modem' mode under Operation Mode. Works fine.

thanks degsie...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,119 ✭✭✭Donald-Duck

My modem has a very old firmware on it compared to most and the HTML from pastebin didn't work for displaying the bridge mode version. I got it working by manually adding that 10 line snippet posted in the OP above <div ID="ConnectionSEL" style="display:none">

It enabled fine but it just keeps looping restarts after. With my PC plugged in I can see it picking up the gateway as 192.168.100.1 and I can briefly get to the page between restarts. Its as if its being rejected for being an invalid modem. Factory reset to router mode and it works fine.

Anyone else encountered similar?

Model: Cisco EPC3925
    Vendor: Cisco
    Hardware Revision: 1.0
    Serial Number: 244374287
    MAC Address:: 18:59:33:b7:29:6c
    Bootloader Revision: 2.3.0_R1
    Current Software Revision: epc3925-E10-5-v302r12911-100831cs_upc
    Firmware Name: epc3925-E10-5-v302r12911-100831cs_upc.bin
    Firmware Build Time: Aug 31 2010 17:36:22

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,212 ✭✭✭DECEiFER

My modem has a very old firmware on it compared to most and the HTML from pastebin didn't work for displaying the bridge mode version. I got it working by manually adding that 10 line snippet posted in the OP above <div ID="ConnectionSEL" style="display:none">

It enabled fine but it just keeps looping restarts after. With my PC plugged in I can see it picking up the gateway as 192.168.100.1 and I can briefly get to the page between restarts. Its as if its being rejected for being an invalid modem. Factory reset to router mode and it works fine.

Anyone else encountered similar?

MAC Address:: 18:59:33:b7:29:6c
    Current Software Revision: epc3925-E10-5-v302r12911-100831cs_upc
    Firmware Name: epc3925-E10-5-v302r12911-100831cs_upc.bin
    Firmware Build Time: Aug 31 2010 17:36:22

Jesus, I've never seen firmware that old on it. I wonder why your modem hasn't had pushed updates to it over the years...

Maybe the earlier firmwares had issues in bridge mode and that's where your troubles lie. Would UPC be able to push an updated firmware to it if you called up and expressed a concern about the older firmware? If you do attempt to make a call to them about it, mention nothing about bridge mode and say that you're having WiFi issues with it and reject any offers to have someone call to replace the modem. Just say you'd like an update and see what their position may be on it.

DECEiFER wrote: »
    Jesus, I've never seen firmware that old on it. I wonder why your modem hasn't had pushed updates to it over the years...

Maybe the earlier firmwares had issues in bridge mode and that's where your troubles lie. Would UPC be able to push an updated firmware to it if you called up and expressed a concern about the older firmware? If you do attempt to make a call to them about it, mention nothing about bridge mode and say that you're having WiFi issues with it and reject any offers to have someone call to replace the modem. Just say you'd like an update and see what their position may be on it.

I once has an EPC2203 that was stuck on an older firmware that didn't support DCC properly, so my modem was losing sync any time the CMTS requested a channel change. Rang UPC to explain the issue and encountered the rudest CSR I'd ever had. Denied point blank that there was any issue with the modem and when I tried to explain the problem, cut across me to say that I was talking rubbish about "channels" when the modem didn't have wireless. I almost lost it with him but I said I wasn't getting off the phone until I either had a new firmware pushed or the modem replaced. He went with replacing it and the replacement was fine. So contacting UPC about firmware issues might not get you anywhere!

However, I wonder if a full 30 second reset might coax the Cisco into installing a new firmware? I never tried with my old 2203 because I didn't know then what I do now.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,119 ✭✭✭Donald-Duck

Karsini wrote: »
    I once has an EPC2203 that was stuck on an older firmware that didn't support DCC properly, so my modem was losing sync any time the CMTS requested a channel change. Rang UPC to explain the issue and encountered the rudest CSR I'd ever had. Denied point blank that there was any issue with the modem and when I tried to explain the problem, cut across me to say that I was talking rubbish about "channels" when the modem didn't have wireless. I almost lost it with him but I said I wasn't getting off the phone until I either had a new firmware pushed or the modem replaced. He went with replacing it and the replacement was fine. So contacting UPC about firmware issues might not get you anywhere!

However, I wonder if a full 30 second reset might coax the Cisco into installing a new firmware? I never tried with my old 2203 because I didn't know then what I do now.

Full 30 second reset doesn't make a difference unfortunately, I tried that too.

I'll have to wait till I have the energy to have an arguement with them on the phone about it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,791 ✭✭✭JJJJNR

Hi,

My old Motorola eircom wireless modem wont reach some parts of my house, now someone has kindly donated a Cisco EPC3925 as a spare, would this be still considered ok to work with Vodafone ADSL. Can I get them to work together, in bridged mode, what are the settings I need.

JJJJNR wrote: »
    Hi,

My old Motorola eircom wireless modem wont reach some parts of my house, now someone has kindly donated a Cisco EPC3925 as a spare, would this be still considered ok to work with Vodafone ADSL. Can I get them to work together, in bridged mode, what are the settings I need.

The 3925 is a docsis modem/router, wont work directly with adsl. Maybe use as an access point?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,791 ✭✭✭JJJJNR

Great thanks I'll read the 1st post! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Pretty sure the 3925 doesnt have sufficient config options to do so.

You're far better off going out and buying a basic AP, the 3925 is weaker than even its predecessor the 2425.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 branko72

Please,need help...
    i have done everything as it was said at first post to enable bridge mode on cisco 3925...
    i gone to opera and copy and paste html code provided to administration management
    part and got hidden part to turn from router mode to bridge mode but when
    apply settings it shows me 403 forrbiden black page and that's it...
    after that cisco is again on router mode...
    how to get it to work in bridge mode,cant understamd problem
    thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 2 branko72

MAC Address::
    Current Software Revision: e3925-ES-16-c1100r5593-140829c
    Firmware Name: e3925-ES-16-c1100r5593-140829c.bin
    Firmware Build Time: Aug 29 2014 18:36:32

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Marconato92

Hi guys.

I'm from Brazil with the same problem, Bridged Only dissapear and when I try the method and press Save Settings, a black page 403 FORBIDDEN appears. I search in this thread by "forbidden" and read all found itens and try all of them, including disconnect coaxial cable.

Someone found the problem to the black page?

Thanks!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 2,968 Mod ✭✭✭✭LoGiE

I received one of these last week and the setting to switch it to bridge mode was already in the menu. Turned it on and plugged in my own router. Is this new policy from UPC or did I get lucky?

LoGiE wrote: »
    I received one of these last week and the setting to switch it to bridge mode was already in the menu. Turned it on and plugged in my own router. Is this new policy from UPC or did I get lucky?

It has been like this for quite a while now. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,003 ✭✭✭iggy

I have the 3925 and the wifi range is terrible. Thinking of buying the Archer C2 from Amazon.
    Would the Archer make a difference regarding wifi range?

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Marconato92

Hi guys.

I'm from Brazil with the same problem, Bridged Only dissapear and when I try the method and press Save Settings, a black page 403 FORBIDDEN appears. I search in this thread by "forbidden" and read all found itens and try all of them, including disconnect coaxial cable.

Someone found the problem to the black page?

Thanks!

Guys? Please!

We're an Irish forum, there may not be any users familiar with Brazilian ISPs here, sorry.

• Registered Users Posts: 43 grimbo

I've been running in bridged mode for a couple of years. My modem broke last week and they sent me a new one, same model though epc3925. I put it in bridged mode and expected everything to work like it used to. My Asus router gets an IP in this mode but I can't connect to the internet - ping, traceroute etc all timeout or fail due to no dns. The new modem info is:

MAC Address: 7c:b2:1b:46:69:6c
    Current Software Revision: e3925-ES-12-c1100r5593-140522c_upc
    Firmware Name: e3925-ES-12-c1100r5593-140522c_upc.bin
    Firmware Build Time: May 22 17:14:07 2014
    Cable Modem Status: Operational
    Wireless Network: Disable

The only other difference I noticed was t seems to be using ipv6 now.
    http:// i.imgur.com/mQvXCrK.png

Any ideas?

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

You're on DSLite. Its a form of carrier grade NAT and bridging wont work(on iPV4 anyways).

Call UPC and bitch till they give you back a public IPv4 again.

ED E wrote: »
    You're on DSLite. Its a form of carrier grade NAT and bridging wont work(on iPV4 anyways).

Thanks - I'll give that a go. If they refuse is there a way to bridge it to my Asus Rt66U?

ED E wrote: »

Thanks - I'll give that a go. If they refuse is there a way to bridge it to my Asus Rt66U?

Update: the department that can do the change don't work weekends. I'll have to try again tomorrow.

• Advertisement

You might be better off asking in the UPC forum.

Advertisement