Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UPC Cisco EPC3925: Enabling True Bridge Mode - A Simple How-to Guide

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 43 grimbo

just looping back. UPC reset me to IPv4 today and told me to reboot... that didn't work but a factory reset picked up the new IPv4 settings and bridged mode now works again. Thanks for the help.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,648 ✭✭✭✭beauf

iggy wrote: »
    I have the 3925 and the wifi range is terrible. Thinking of buying the Archer C2 from Amazon.
    Would the Archer make a difference regarding wifi range?

It should be better.

But it will depend if there other factors that will kill even a better signal.

Let me know how you get on, I'm thinking of upgrading my old N router. Like to get something Dual Band, AC with Gigabit and better parental controls.

The TP-LINK AC1200 Archer C5 Dual Band Cable is half price on Argos if you can find it in stock near you. None near me. :( Anyone else suggest a reasonable alternative say under €60 to the above router?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,003 ✭✭✭iggy

beauf wrote: »
    It should be better.

But it will depend if there other factors that will kill even a better signal.

Let me know how you get on, I'm thinking of upgrading my old N router. Like to get something Dual Band, AC with Gigabit and better parental controls.

The TP-LINK AC1200 Archer C5 Dual Band Cable is half price on Argos if you can find it in stock near you. None near me. :( Anyone else suggest a reasonable alternative say under €60 to the above router?
    Cheers for that. None in stock near me either

• Registered Users Posts: 2,026 ✭✭✭docdolittle

Hey guys, quick question. I reset my modem today and now its refusing to turn the bridged mode on... I selected bridged, save the settings and it resets, but it just resets to router mode. Anyone have this problem or know how to fix it?

Thanks!

Same happening with the Technicolors. Have they disabled bridging completely?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 619 ✭✭✭white_westie

Just checked - mine still in bridge mode (TC7200).
    Does it only happen if you do a full reset, or are they forcing a full reset remotely?

Just checked - mine still in bridge mode (TC7200).
    Does it only happen if you do a full reset, or are they forcing a full reset remotely?
    Have you rebooted? If so, don't.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,193 ✭✭✭moonboy52

Eek. This does not sound good at all :(

• Registered Users Posts: 619 ✭✭✭white_westie

Karsini wrote: »
    Have you rebooted? If so, don't.

Typical 24x7 user here
    System Uptime 118 days 03h:22m:17s

Probably no use doing this but i thought i would add this:

Current Software Revision: e3925-ES-12-c1100r5593-140522c_upc

Maybe check if people who have rebooted have a new version.

Bridging is key, and i would not be happy having the option taken away

• Advertisement

I'd say it's the DOCSIS config file. The firmware on my TC7200 didn't change.

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭topper1978

Hey guys, quick question. I reset my modem today and now its refusing to turn the bridged mode on... I selected bridged, save the settings and it resets, but it just resets to router mode. Anyone have this problem or know how to fix it?

Thanks!

Exact same thing happened to me. Spent 1/2 an hour on the support line. Eventually they agreed to send me a new modem. I'm hoping it is something to do with NVRAM not saving the setting for bridged mode and not a firmware update removing the functionality. Otherwise I'll be switching ISP. Hope to have the new box by tonight. Will post and see if bridged mode works.

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Not going near mine so.
    Current Software Revision:	e3925-ES-12-c1100r5593-140522c_upc
    Firmware Name:	e3925-ES-12-c1100r5593-140522c_upc.bin
    Firmware Build Time:	May 22 17:14:07 2014
    Cable Modem Status:	Operational

• Registered Users Posts: 1,585 ✭✭✭redman

Hi All
    I used to have my 3925 bridged but it stopped working just yesterday completely, Virgin had to do a remote factory reset last night. I tried to reenter the html script but all my browsers wont let me - any tips?

Also when i go into bridging mode anyway, it keeps reverting back to normal mode too, so I may have a router issue now....

But its been working faultlessly for the last 2 years.

redman wrote: »
    Hi All
    I used to have my 3925 bridged but it stopped working Virgin had to do a remote factory reset. I tried to reenter the html script but all my browsers wont let me - any tips?

Also when i go into bridging mode anyway, it keeps reverting back to normal mode too, so I may have a router issue now....

But its been working faultlessly for the last 2 years.
    Sorry to say but it's not a router issue. Virgin have disabled bridging recently. The modem just reverts to router mode.

Please submit feedback here: http://www.boards.ie/ttfthread/2057514734

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭topper1978

That is the exact same settings as mine. I'm guessing the next time you reboot you will loose bridging,

• Registered Users Posts: 21,464 ✭✭✭✭Alun

Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr.

• Registered Users Posts: 911 ✭✭✭heffsarmy

I just noticed this today, f*ckers cant leave anything alone. I thought someone was on my network all the ip addresses were changed.

It is a disaster (first world problem :))

Now to pray for no ESB cuts

moonboy52 wrote: »
    Now to pray for no ESB cuts
    Thank goodness I'v got mine on a UPS :D Hopefully they'll see the error of their ways and undo this stupid change before I have to reboot it for any other reason!

• Advertisement

Alun wrote: »
    Thank goodness I'v got mine on a UPS :D Hopefully they'll see the error of their ways and undo this stupid change before I have to reboot it for any other reason!

Good thinking on your part Alun :)

They must be pushing for everyone to be on one router (like the UK SuperHub). Therefore a suit made a decision that there could be cost savings doing this.

I would not mind if their equipment was up to par but as we all know it simply is not.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 12,448 Mod ✭✭✭✭dub45

Imagine that! customers afraid to power off equipment - high tech solution indeed:(

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 12,448 Mod ✭✭✭✭dub45

moonboy52 wrote: »
    Good thinking on your part Alun :)

They must be pushing for everyone to be on one router (like the UK SuperHub). Therefore a suit made a decision that there could be cost savings doing this.

I would not mind if their equipment was up to par but as we all know it simply is not.

But they allow bridging in the UK and even tell customers how to do it!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 911 ✭✭✭heffsarmy

I just noticed the guest network can't be disable...

heffsarmy wrote: »
    I just noticed the guest network can't be disable...
    Hopefully you can still disable WiFi completely?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,840 ✭✭✭Arciphel

Lads I am having awful hassle with this my Airport Extreme is now having a mickey fit due to double NAT which I can't disable and my IP cameras no longer work ;-(

Arciphel wrote: »
    Lads I am having awful hassle with this my Airport Extreme is now having a mickey fit due to double NAT which I can't disable and my IP cameras no longer work ;-(

If you haven't already posted here, please do so. :)

http://www.boards.ie/ttfthread/2057514734

• Registered Users Posts: 2,788 ✭✭✭Vikings

Was about to ask was there any where bricks & mortar in Dublin to buy the Archer C8 (or C7 v2) today as I'm completely fed up of having unusable wifi in the house.

Looks like I'll be wasting my time though?

My firmware version is e3925-ES-12-c1100r5593-140522c_upc and the option for bridging mode is available to me but the impression I'm getting is it will not work at the moment?

• Registered Users Posts: 179 ✭✭Alan3002

Vikings wrote: »
    Was about to ask was there any where bricks & mortar in Dublin to buy the Archer C8 (or C7 v2) today as I'm completely fed up of having unusable wifi in the house.

My firmware version is e3925-ES-12-c1100r5593-140522c_upc and the option for bridging mode is available to me but the impression I'm getting is it will not work at the moment?

If it did work, it probably wouldn't last too long before it gets knocked off or disabled.

Best wait for a resolution on this or to move to a different ISP.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 27,833 ✭✭✭✭ThisRegard

Vikings wrote: »

You can set it up as an access point from your Virgin modem. A few of us here have done it this way without using bridging and it works fine. Last place I saw one in a B&W store it was Currys.

I've never gone to the bother of bridging and it works perfect on my home network. I don't have the need, or want, to access it from outside of my home so I'm not bothered by the lack of proper bridging at the moment.

Advertisement