Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Colts Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭Alfred Borden

davyjose wrote: »
    That would be a huge signing. Had my eye on Elam in the draft, but this would mean we can get an elite lineman.

Yup agreed, if we could get him,Avril and Francois, the D would be set, maybe add a corner for depth in the later rounds. Could focus on line in the first and maybe another receiver to replace Avery.

Ian Rappaport just said on NFL Network that the Colts are still showing interest in Cliff Avrill.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,746 ✭✭✭taidghbaby

That would be a huge signing. Had my eye on Elam in the draft, but this would mean we can get an elite lineman.
    Matt Elam = bob sanders mk 2! So I've heard!
    Maybe a trade up to get Warmak in the draft or a trade back and take Barrett jones??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,287 ✭✭✭davyjose

LaRon Landry is a Colt. Signed the papers. 4 year $24m deal. $14m guaranteed.

Ricky Jean Francois is in Indy as we speak. General consensus is Grigson won't let him leave without a contract.

After a day of frustration, I'm very happy with that. Sets us up perfectly for the draft.

LaRon Landry is a Colt. Signed the papers. 4 year $24m deal. $14m guaranteed.

Ricky Jean Francois is in Indy as we speak. General consensus is Grigson won't let him leave without a contract.

After a day of frustration, I'm very happy with that. Sets us up perfectly for the draft.
    Landry, Bethea and Davis are three pretty big hitters in the backfield!!

I had to put this in:

• Advertisement

Ricky Jean-Francois agrees to terms with Colts on 4yr $22M deal

Raf32 wrote: »
    Ricky Jean-Francois agrees to terms with Colts on 4yr $22M deal

That's a solid deal. He's a very capable lineman; will fit nicely into our D and with Landry and him there we should see a huge improvement in stopping the run.

By my count we lost two starters from last year (Freeney and powers) and we have now signed 6 likely starters for next year (Landry, RJF, Walden, Thomas, Cherilius and Toler)!

Obviously we had a lot of money and a poor roster but that's progress in my book!!

Back up QB (cheap) and a pass rusher in the 1st round of the draft now please Mr. Grigson!!

Also Josh Chapman get your knee right!!

(And Brandon Moore from the Jets on the cheap ;) )

Our starting defense next year is pretty set.

Safeties: FS Bethea, SS Landry
    CBs: Davis, Toler
    LBers: ROLB Mathis, ILB Freeman, ILB Angerer, LOLB Walden
    DL: DE Redding, NT Chapman, DE Jean-Francois
    Actually really liking that on paper, only thing of slight worry is lack of pass rush. Add a guard, a backup QB, and then in the draft,trade down and get a receiver and OLB in the second and maybe more O-line help in the third.

I think we need to draft a pass rusher, another Guard, a wide receiver and a back up QB. I'll be happy with that.

Avery is gone, and Walden won't make it through training camp as a starting OLB. But he'll be a serviceable back up.

Slightly overpaid, but this has been a very shrewd FA by Grigson.

• Advertisement

Everyone saying we have no cap left but after reading this, I feel we might have some more. Around 8-10 million on the draft leaving us with around 7-9 million. Maybe we should try to extend Davis and Bethea?
    http://www.coltsfansonline.com/salary-cap/

That's a great link. Cherilus is our third highest paid player -- above Luck! Ouch!

That's a great link. Cherilus is our third highest paid player -- above Luck! Ouch!

Ridiculous isn't it? Worried that our secondary looks our strongest this year but two important players with only a year left.

Ridiculous isn't it? Worried that our secondary looks our strongest this year but two important players with only a year left.
    Ive a feeling this might be Bethea's last year. Chuck made it clear he wants to build the meanest D in the league. Could be a FS upgrade next year.

Released S Tom Zbikowski. $733,333 in dead money. Team off hooks for bases of $1.5 million this year. Clearing up space for a backup QB?

http://espn.go.com/blog/afcsouth/post/_/id/48260/colts-have-spent-31353333-cap-dollars
    Still a bit of money left it seems, maybe 5 million, interesting to see what we use it on.

So we've definitely gotten stronger against the run!! I suppose I've been beating a drum about how it's a passing league so I can't change my tune now, but in a division with MJD, CJ2K and foster that's no bad thing!

I watched a short video on Grigson and Chuck today talking about the signings and it definitely looks like these were the guys they targeted (and got)! I'm gonna reserve judgement until we see them playing next September!!

Lets hope a pass rusher or two are brought in between now and then!

taidghbaby wrote: »
    So we've definitely gotten stronger against the run!! I suppose I've been beating a drum about how it's a passing league so I can't change my tune now, but in a division with MJD, CJ2K and foster that's no bad thing!

I watched a short video on Grigson and Chuck today talking about the signings and it definitely looks like these were the guys they targeted (and got)! I'm gonna reserve judgement until we see them playing next September!!

Lets hope a pass rusher or two are brought in between now and then!
    Yeah, weve the worst divisuon in the league when it comes to facing the run.
    Remember a better run D will help the pass D. Bethea can focus more on pass coverage. Another pass rusher is a must, i agree.

Trying to sign a receiver. Speculation its Larry Fitz or Cruz for our first, I would love Fitz but unsure on Cruz, great player just dont know is he worth our first? TY very similar.

Trying to sign a receiver. Speculation its Larry Fitz or Cruz for our first, I would love Fitz but unsure on Cruz, great player just dont know is he worth our first? TY very similar.

Aw dude Cruz is undoubtedly worth a first. Would be elated to get him.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,139 ✭✭✭Red Crow

Cruz not worth a first? Have you not seen the guy play? He's definitely worth a first.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,643 ✭✭✭Phoenix Park

Fitz is a massive earner for Bidwill and i think thats the biggest reason he will not be traded. The face of car stickers, debit cards, must be on over 80% of jerseys they sell if not more etc etc. He makes him a fortune apparently.

It's a shame for Fitz (ok, he's on massive pay so don't cry too much) but he's an incredible receiver and the Cardinals are dead in the water for the upcoming season already. Brutal division and stop-gap QB. I think its very much 50/50 as regards fans opinions on whether they should take Geno Smith if he falls to 7, which prob won't happen anyway, or try and sort out their O-line further- which they will probably do.

I think most sensible Cardinals fans would want Fitz traded but know this is very unlikely. He's loved there but is effectively a complete luxary and if they could get two 1st round picks for him (or something very high anyway) and rebuild and compete in two years time it would be for the best. Fitz is looking at another useless year with Stanton throwing to him. They won't go 0-16 but many feel it wouldn't be the worst thing to happen and try and get a proper franchise QB next year.

Anyway, i would forget about Fitz, and if Colts could get Cruz he would be worth more than a 1st alone imo. I think Giants fans say he will stay for reasons not too dissimilar to Fitzgerald, he is a major money-maker in his market.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,094 ✭✭✭TO.

Ian Rapoport ‏@RapSheet

RT @MMehtaNYDN Which WR are the Colts pursuing? Owner Jim Irsay; "It's not (Victor) Cruz."
    NFL: AroundTheLeague ‏@NFL_ATL

Jim Irsay might be targeting a "whopper" WR, but he says it's not Victor Cruz.

Brandon Lloyd anyone? :D

Great Interview. This guy is special.
    http://stitcher.com/s/player.php?eid=22271517

I see we have $17 million left in cap room. Around 8 to the draft and Injured reserve leaving us $9 million. One more big signing or a few depth players?

Hasselbeck confirmed. Great signing for the Colts.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,654 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

Any idea on the costs?

Any idea on the costs?

$8 million for 2 years. Probably let him go after one maybe.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,654 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

Any of that guaranteed?

Rumours that the Titans were looking to get him down to 3-3.5 million as he was due 5.75 i think this year

• Advertisement

Any of that guaranteed?

Rumours that the Titans were looking to get him down to 3-3.5 million as he was due 5.75 i think this year

I actually dont know, none of the Indy writers are saying.

Advertisement