Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Colts Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,746 ✭✭✭taidghbaby

Vontae Davis has lovely teeth! He's in Uganda at the moment helping to distribute hearing aids to children! Fair play to him!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,395 ✭✭✭✭mikemac1

Matt Birk has retired and Ravens will be starting 2nd year pro & 4th round pick Gino Gradowski at center.

Tis the plan anyway.

Colts traded backup center A.Q Shipley to Baltimore

09_TradeShipley_news.jpg

Is he any good? I'm reading he played in 14 games in Indy last year

There is a job to be won in training camp and it's possible to win a starting job in Baltimore.

Thanks for any info

• Registered Users Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭Alfred Borden

mikemac1 wrote: »
    Matt Birk has retired and Ravens will be starting 2nd year pro & 4th round pick Gino Gradowski at center.

Tis the plan anyway.

Colts traded backup center A.Q Shipley to Baltimore

09_TradeShipley_news.jpg

Is he any good? I'm reading he played in 14 games in Indy last year

There is a job to be won in training camp and it's possible to win a starting job in Baltimore.

Thanks for any info

thought he was our best on the line last year but suppose thats not saying much! A real hard worker, thought it would be Satele going!

Bradshaw visiting with the Colts today! If injury free he would probably get a lot of snaps! He'd probably be cheap enough too since he's been on the market for so long!

taidghbaby wrote: »
    Bradshaw visiting with the Colts today! If injury free he would probably get a lot of snaps! He'd probably be cheap enough too since he's been on the market for so long!

Think he would have to go to the top of the depth chart too!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,172 ✭✭✭✭kmart6

Colts and Bradshaw have agreed terms! Great news getting an actual real running threat, couple with what we already have the run game should be pretty decent next season!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,197 ✭✭✭elvis jones

kmart6 wrote: »
    Colts and Bradshaw have agreed terms! Great news getting an actual real running threat, couple with what we already have the run game should be pretty decent next season!

Ya it hasn't been great in the last 2 seasons.

Happy enough with this! 1 year contract with not much money involved! Hopefully he can stay injury free!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,287 ✭✭✭davyjose

Perfect guy for Pep Hamilton's Offense. Delighted with that.

I've also heard the coaching staff are very happy with Ballard too so expect him to get a lot of carries too!!

Could be the end for Browne or Carter I'd say!

• Advertisement

I've also heard the coaching staff are very happy with Ballard too so expect him to get a lot of carries too!!

Could be the end for Browne or Carter I'd say!

Brown I'd say. He's due $1.7m this year. Not sure if/how it affects the cap should he be cut, but either way, why pay it if you don't have to?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,317 ✭✭✭HigginsJ

Delighted Ahmad has landed a job. Hope he is over his foot injuries. If he can train even a small bit during game week he will tear it up for ye.

He is tough as nails, extremely talented and an excellent 3rd down option. He is also a very good pass protector which will surely come in handy for luck.

davyjose wrote: »
    Brown I'd say. He's due $1.7m this year. Not sure if/how it affects the cap should he be cut, but either way, why pay it if you don't have to?

It's the last year of his contract so presumably his cap will count for 2.7 million whether he's on the team or not! Williams looks like the replacement for Brown, though he is very very small and can't pass protect from what I seem of his highlights!

HigginsJ wrote: »
    Delighted Ahmad has landed a job. Hope he is over his foot injuries. If he can train even a small bit during game week he will tear it up for ye.

He is tough as nails, extremely talented and an excellent 3rd down option. He is also a very good pass protector which will surely come in handy for luck.

Out of interest did he have a big workload with the Giants? He'll probably be sharing a lot with Ballard, though he is the better player IMO!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,317 ✭✭✭HigginsJ

Out of interest did he have a big workload with the Giants? He'll probably be sharing a lot with Ballard, though he is the better player IMO!

Obviously he shared alot with Jacobs & then Andre Brown last year (before Wilson came on late) He rushed for over 1,000 yards in only 14 games last year. He was lead back for last 2 & 1/2 years. He still has alot left to give but it's just that bloody foot that's the unknown.

He had an op in January to have a screw removed from his foot, which was then replaced by a larger screw :(

He is still young (only 26) and has actually not had any injury issues like hamstrings, knees etc.

Luck will love him. He really is a superb all round back

I'm not sure how much the rest of ye followed the OTA's but this is some of what I've heard:

Landry is a beast!

Toler has looked very good so far and barring injury will be the starting CB across from Davis!

Werner has been playing all over the place but it could be a straight fight between himself and Walden for the OLB spot across from Mathis!

Griff Whalen has done well and could have a chance of making the 53 man roster! (I did tell ya's this before 😉)

I'm not sure how much the rest of ye followed the OTA's but this is some of what I've heard:

Landry is a beast!

Toler has looked very good so far and barring injury will be the starting CB across from Davis!

Werner has been playing all over the place but it could be a straight fight between himself and Walden for the OLB spot across from Mathis!

Griff Whalen has done well and could have a chance of making the 53 man roster! (I did tell ya's this before 😉)

Whalen will definitely make it. Heard the secondary looks very strong! Heard lavon playing excellently too.

Andrew Luck was ranked 23 on NFL Network's top 100, which is interesting. Some mild outrage. Not sure if it's deserved though. Worst team in the league to 11-5, much of it on the back of Luck.

What's much crazier, IMO, is RG3 is likely gonna be a top 20 player :eek:

davyjose wrote: »
    Andrew Luck was ranked 23 on NFL Network's top 100, which is interesting. Some mild outrage. Not sure if it's deserved though. Worst team in the league to 11-5, much of it on the back of Luck.

What's much crazier, IMO, is RG3 is likely gonna be a top 20 player :eek:
    I ranked Luck very high on the Top 100 we had on here, probably too high! Complete home town decision but just look at what he did with a bunch of Rookies and journeymen!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,197 ✭✭✭elvis jones

I ranked Luck very high on the Top 100 we had on here, probably too high! Complete home town decision but just look at what he did with a bunch of Rookies and journeymen!!

Spot on.

• Advertisement

So with just over 70 days left to the start of the season and barring injury we could probably have a good guess at the final 53 man roster!!

For me the main concern at the moment is pass rush!! Mathis is the only recognised pass rusher with Werner looking to be no. 2!

We will likely have at least 8 new starters, but that could be more!! Most of the work has gone into the D-line and O-line! Plus we have much more depth across the team!!

Really looking forward to the start of the new season!! So much potential across the team I'm really optimistic!!

Brazil banned for 4 games for violating the substance abuse policy.

What an idiot....just hope nobody else gets caught for something a la Seahawks!

He's our 4th receiver so he would have seen some playing time. It could see hhim get released if one of the other guys steps up. What an idiot.

I've seen some of the local media guys say on twitter that the team were concerned with his "commitment"! Moved his locker to the one beside reggie's so reggie would be a good influence!!

If its PED's then I can see why he'd do it! Not that I condone it (and personally would throw him out on his arse) but its tough trying to make a roster and maybe he taught that he needed to take them!

If its recreational drugs then he's a clown and should be thrown out for stupidity!!

Last thing Pagano told them before the OTA's finished was not to be the guy who causes a distraction in the off season! Good man Lavon!

Lefegad arrested on gun charges...that's 2 players in a week, not liking this!!

• Registered Users Posts: 32,370 ✭✭✭✭Son Of A Vidic

If it's any consolation, be grateful you're not a Pats fan. Because you can be sure your thread would be inundated over it.:D

Oh I have seen how the Pats thread has gone....deliberately not posting on the issue!

Probably the end of him in Indy. Not a huge loss TBH.

Absolute clown!

• Advertisement

Bye bye Wesley! 8 game ban! He'll be cut I'd say!!

Not liking these offseason misdemeanours!

Advertisement