Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Colts Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭Alfred Borden

davyjose wrote: »
    Caught another look at Luck's pick last night, didn't realise it was deflected (I know, seems obvious now). I suppose it was karma after last weeks first TD, but the kid really is an amazing talent. I can't get over it.

Controversial but has far more potential upside than Peyton had.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,599 ✭✭✭matthew8

Any news on how Daniel Adongo, the Kenyan rugby player, has been getting on? I assume he was a long shot, has he been cut?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,287 ✭✭✭davyjose

matthew8 wrote: »
    Any news on how Daniel Adongo, the Kenyan rugby player, has been getting on? I assume he was a long shot, has he been cut?

He'll be a practice squad player this year for sure. They will see in a year where he's at. Both grigs and pagano seem to like him anyway so he'll stick around for a while.

Lighthearted interview with Luck. He's just so goddamn likeable!

http://espn.go.com/blog/indianapolis-colts/post/_/id/97/luck-conversation?ex_cid=espnapi_public

• Registered Users Posts: 32,370 ✭✭✭✭Son Of A Vidic

Lighthearted interview with Luck. He's just so goddamn likeable!

http://espn.go.com/blog/indianapolis-colts/post/_/id/97/luck-conversation?ex_cid=espnapi_public

He always comes across as one really grounded and likeable dude.

• Advertisement

Surprised we havent heard anything about cuts to the team today yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,746 ✭✭✭taidghbaby

Raf32 wrote: »
    Surprised we havent heard anything about cuts to the team today yet.

Nothing released by the team yet anyway!! Either they're still making decisions or they are gonna release the details all together! The latter I'd say as there's not too many hard decisions to be made!

Ilijana is the main one of interest to me! Likely to be cut but he could go to the practice squad (if he's allowed, not sure as this is his third year!)

taidghbaby wrote: »
    Nothing released by the team yet anyway!! Either they're still making decisions or they are gonna release the details all together! The latter I'd say as there's not too many hard decisions to be made!

Ilijana is the main one of interest to me! Likely to be cut but he could go to the practice squad (if he's allowed, not sure as this is his third year!)

yes agreed, hope ben stays, think in time can be an asset to the team. kelley basically confirmed on his twitter he was cut, no shock yet so.

Adam Caplan ‏@caplannfl 1m
    Colts waived T/G Lee Ziemba, source said.
    and here we go

and on a disappointing note
    Ian Rapoport ‏@RapSheet 44s
    RT @mattbarrows Source: 49ers have told WR Austin Collie that they will release him.
    i would take him back, our depth is poor in that area.

• Advertisement

Titans C Fernando Velasco released, would love the colts to have a look at him, can play guard as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,172 ✭✭✭✭kmart6

and on a disappointing note

i would take him back, our depth is poor in that area.
    Don't think I would, I'd prefer to see him retire and save his health!

I suspect we pick up a TE over the next few days!!

taidghbaby wrote: »
    I suspect we pick up a TE over the next few days!!

Maybe a receiver and a guard too. wonder will Conner be used as bait for a biggish player?

• Registered Users Posts: 282 ✭✭The Bogman

Colts just acquired LB Cam Johnson from the 49'ers in a trade for a conditional draft pick

The Bogman wrote: »
    Colts just acquired LB Cam Johnson from the 49'ers in a trade for a conditional draft pick

Matt miller (@nfldraftscout) who I would generally consider to know his sh1t said Johnson was a second round grade coming out of college (some health issues) and could be very good! Never heard of him myself! Someone will be cut now! I'm thinking maybe Rayfors or a trade for Conner!

I was right about a TE (jack Doyle) and Da'Rick Rogers was signed to the practice squad! Rogers has a ridiculous amount of talent but also he has three failed drug tests!

Williams released but will go to the practice squad if he's not picked up!!

Jets took Ilijana anyway!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3 denjo17

I know its early in the season but the pregames i have seen was terrible. The Defense is sh**, and only Luck can get us a PO spot.

Not much hope though

• Registered Users Posts: 1,040 ✭✭✭McG

denjo17 wrote: »
    I know its early in the season but the pregames i have seen was terrible. The Defense is sh**, and only Luck can get us a PO spot.

Not much hope though

Defence looked ok during pre season. Didn't concede a TD in the 2 games that mattered most (2nd and 3rd). The secondary is much better this year and while the pass rush is definitely not up to par we should be a bit better against the run too.

I'd wait a couple of weeks before writing off the defence.

I'm not sure what Defense you were looking at in the Browns game, but the Defense was a sight better than anything we had last year. If we get into the Playoffs it'll be down to (Andrew) Luck alright, but that Defense is better, IMO, than a lot of teams in the league.

McG wrote: »
    Defence looked ok during pre season. Didn't concede a TD in the 2 games that mattered most (2nd and 3rd). The secondary is much better this year and while the pass rush is definitely not up to par we should be a bit better against the run too.

I'd wait a couple of weeks before writing off the defence.

No difference to when we had Peyton really, luck can do it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 37 Tamoreit

John Boyett (our 6th round pick in 2013) was waived today after being arrested for resisting arrest, public / disorderly intoxication. He also threatened to break a police officer's jaw and told them they couldn't arrest him because he played for the Colts.

Tamoreit wrote: »
    John Boyett (our 6th round pick in 2013) was waived today after being arrested for resisting arrest, public / disorderly intoxication. He also threatened to break a police officer's jaw and told them they couldn't arrest him because he played for the Colts.

What a dick. Waste of time for everyone involved.

What a dick. Waste of time for everyone involved.

has issued an apology, but agree delighted to be rid of him if he is going to be like that.

our later round draft picks dont seem to be taking off, i know their fliers but would be nice.

Cowboys acquire defensive end Caesar Rayford from Colts for undisclosed draft pick.
    I really dont get that trade at all, has been brilliant in preseason and no doubt its for a very low pick, strange one i feel.

Cowboys acquire defensive end Caesar Rayford from Colts for undisclosed draft pick.
    I really dont get that trade at all, has been brilliant in preseason and no doubt its for a very low pick, strange one i feel.

That's very strange, hopefully we've somebody lined up.

That's very strange, hopefully we've somebody lined up.

promoted the TE jones to the squad, really strange, suppose its to do with the trade yesterday, its meant to be a 2015 pick. everything is gone quiet on the trade involving Conner.
    Grigson has made 15 trades in 20 months, remarkable, fair dues to him :D

• Registered Users Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

Tamoreit wrote: »

Read that the other day alright. "You can't arrest me, I'm a Colts player"

Glad we got rid.

Looking forward to the new season. Our D-line looks a lot better than it did last year judging by pre season. Nice start V Raiders which we should really be winning comfortably.

Andrew Luck/Dwayne Allen commercial.

He's no Peyton "Cut That Meat" Manning, but it'll be interesting to see how he takes to the limelight over the next few years.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 32,370 ✭✭✭✭Son Of A Vidic

Not a bad start for him imo and I suspect he will be blowing quite a few houses down this season.

Advertisement