Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Colts Thread

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,287 ✭✭✭davyjose

Not a bad start for him imo and I suspect he will be blowing quite a few houses down this season.

Ha ha. Two thumbs up for picking them to reach the big game dude, and him for OPOTY :)

Yeah, I just love how he completely turned down national commercials last season, to focus on football. As a fan of the team, that's magic. Even his commercials this season are local based. There was a good article in the Indy Star this week on it: http://www.indystar.com/article/20130905/SPORTS03/309050047/No-national-TV-ads-Leaving-endorsement-money-table-Football-first-making-Andrew-Luck-

• Registered Users Posts: 15,172 ✭✭✭✭kmart6

Davy been meaning to tell you I don't like your new avatar, change it back :(

kmart6 wrote: »
    Davy been meaning to tell you I don't like your new avatar, change it back :(

Some dude on here a while back was rocking the ALF Avatar, and I was feeling like a change, so I went for Wallace. Yeah, think I'll change it back.

Yayyyyyyyy!

Yayyyyyyyy!

Happy now??? ;):pac:

• Advertisement

Yeah football season can start now, wouldn't have seemed right without it!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,746 ✭✭✭taidghbaby

What's all this now?

• Registered Users Posts: 32,370 ✭✭✭✭Son Of A Vidic

Yeah football season can start now, wouldn't have seemed right without it!

Never realised he changed it until you brought that up. No doubt, the Gardaí are probably crying out for my observational skills.:o

Ah that's better. Feels like putting on an old, forgotten pair of shoes, or sleeping with an ex.

Not sure why you did it, but it feels good man...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,395 ✭✭✭✭mikemac1

So did Hamish make the 53? :)

• Advertisement

mikemac1 wrote: »
    So did Hamish make the 53? :)

No....he contracted a case of the Donald Brownes!

Here do you want Reed back?

• Registered Users Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

Can't wait for tomorrow. FOOTBALL'S FINALLY BACK!!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭Alfred Borden

This is one i circled as a win for us and im sure the coaches have too, very winnable, need a good start. Really interested to see how we stop the run and how we run the ball today. Less than two hours to go now :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,395 ✭✭✭✭mikemac1

taidghbaby wrote: »

Here do you want Reed back?

No!

colts inactives: Delano Howell, Pat Angerer, Kavell Conner, Khaled Holmes, Jack Doyle, David Reed, Montori Hughes

Kap and Wilson are going to run all over this defense.

Raf32 wrote: »
    Kap and Wilson are going to run all over this defense.

Shocking. We're gonna struggle to make the playoffs with this D.

davyjose wrote: »
    Shocking. We're gonna struggle to make the playoffs with this D.

Agreed no pass rush at all, worrying about the LB core to be honest.

Colts can **** right off of they're gonna be at this **** again this year!

• Registered Users Posts: 37 Tamoreit

We made very hard work of that win, probably were lucky in the end. Pryor had a very good game.

• Advertisement

When Pryor runs all over you, you know you have a sh!tty Defense. I don't see how we can beat SF or Seattle TBH.

And the Offensive playcalling... what a joke. 23 pass plays to 26 run plays. Is that for fcuking real. A team with Andrew Luck, as historically shoddy as we are at running it, and we pass it >50% 0f the time. That's pathetic TBH. I see us lucky to go 8-8 if we don't utilise the one guy who can win us games -- Luck and his arm.

More negatives than positives but...

Positives:
    Luck was quality! First two drives the raiders had no answer for him!

Reggie might be getting better! I know it's hard to believe but he may be!

Fewer balls dropped! Good start, hopefully we can keep it going!

Landry - I thought he was our best player on defence by a long distance!

Negatives:

Run defence - we've decided to shore up the middle of the defence! Probably would have worked about 3 years ago! Pryor just ran around us yesterday! Was Walden really brought in to set the edge?

No pass rush! No more needs to be said really!

Play calling on offence! Some ridiculous ones including the play action on 4th and short! Why not run that on third down if you know you're gonna go for it on 4th down!

Coby Fleener - anonymous!

TY - why wasn't he involved more? Crazy stuff!

14-0 lead and stop playing! It seems the team are happy just to do enough!

Also I'd start going no huddle more! Luck is well able to handle it! We should be looking at offences like the Pats or Denver and following their lead!

• Registered Users Posts: 820 ✭✭✭Prefab Sprouter

Raiders fan here, guys. Just wanted to say well done to you guys yesterday. Very enjoyable game and best of luck for the rest of the season!

Raiders fan here, guys. Just wanted to say well done to you guys yesterday. Very enjoyable game and best of luck for the rest of the season!

Thanks dude. Good game last night. Indy let the game slip, but you guys are better than people give you credit for. Pryor definitely has the potential to win the starting job.

taidghbaby wrote: »
    More negatives than positives but...

Positives:
    Luck was quality! First two drives the raiders had no answer for him!

Reggie might be getting better! I know it's hard to believe but he may be!

Fewer balls dropped! Good start, hopefully we can keep it going!

Landry - I thought he was our best player on defence by a long distance!

Negatives:

Run defence - we've decided to shore up the middle of the defence! Probably would have worked about 3 years ago! Pryor just ran around us yesterday! Was Walden really brought in to set the edge?

No pass rush! No more needs to be said really!

Play calling on offence! Some ridiculous ones including the play action on 4th and short! Why not run that on third down if you know you're gonna go for it on 4th down!

Coby Fleener - anonymous!

TY - why wasn't he involved more? Crazy stuff!

14-0 lead and stop playing! It seems the team are happy just to do enough!

Also I'd start going no huddle more! Luck is well able to handle it! We should be looking at offences like the Pats or Denver and following their lead!

The playcalling was horrific. Andrew Luck threw an 80% completion rate (if you exclude the obvious PI that wasn't called), and you use the kid's arm LESS than half the time.

But here's what Irks me: you're behind by 3 with 8 minutes to play, and you eat the clock? ARE YOU FCUKING KIDDING ME? All you're doing is ensuring you don't get another chance to score (should you miss a field goal, or (as happened) the opponent gets the ball back with a few minutes to go). It's ****ing madness. You look at how well New England managed the clock last night -- it won them the game -- and see that last night? It just stank of inexperience. There was an article on MMQB a few weeks ago about BA's obsession with clock management. It seems we are going to seriously miss that this season.

Edit: Here's the link... http://mmqb.si.com/2013/08/23/there-are-no-little-things/

Balls....
    Colts RB Vick Ballard is out for season after injuring knee during practice Thursday (@MikeWellsNFL contributed to report).

Balls....

That is massive.

That's a fcuking disaster. Bradshaw is gonna have to step it up now. Can see Carter get picked back up.

Yup carter will be i would say, pagano saying plan is just to promote kerwyn williams, leaves us a little short now.

• Advertisement

Well that sucks!

I wonder will they look at Mcgahee!

Advertisement