Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Colts Thread

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,287 ✭✭✭davyjose

taidghbaby wrote: »
    Well that sucks!

I wonder will they look at Mcgahee!

According to Irsay, Grigson is gonna be doing some wheeling and dealing before the trade deadline. I think the big worry is "Dammit" Donald Brown can't block to save his (or Luck's) life. Bradshaw can block, but he's fragile.

The only positive to this is we might start airing it out more, but I'm worrying about this season already.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,395 ✭✭✭✭mikemac1

McGahee is quality. And he can certainly block. 235lb he's one of the bigger backs in the league.

He was super in Baltimore but unfortunately he had to be cut as he had a 6 million cap hit which may not seem huge but Baltimore always had huge cap hits on their defense. And so he had to go and Ray Rice become starter.

He still has what it takes imo and would be a good signing for the Colts.

McGahee's stiff arm is a thing of beauty!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,746 ✭✭✭taidghbaby

The big hope this year I presume was to be able to share the workload between Ballard and Bradshaw! Ballard was in so much early in the drive that when we got to the redone he was tired / taken out! I don't see how Brown/williams get many carries in this offence and from what I've seen neither can pass protect!

I seen the tweet from Irsay alright! MJD anyone??

• Registered Users Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭Alfred Borden

Donald Thomas out for year with torn quad.
    not good news, getting very unlucky with injuries.

Raf32 wrote: »
    Donald Thomas out for year with torn quad.
    not good news, getting very unlucky with injuries.

Yeah, it had a bad look about it. McGlynn in for season then. Jesus.

Tonights game was a sickener. We left a lot on the field today.

• Advertisement

davyjose wrote: »
    Yeah, it had a bad look about it. McGlynn in for season then. Jesus.

Tonights game was a sickener. We left a lot on the field today.

Yup thought we would have won well if played to potential. Missed Allen big time.

Yup thought we would have won well if played to potential. Missed Allen big time.

Big time.

Missing Arians, I think. I dunno, Luck wasn't himself there today. Not too accurate on the longer throws.

davyjose wrote: »
    Big time.

Missing Arians, I think. I dunno, Luck wasn't himself there today. Not too accurate on the longer throws.

Yup although Lucks stats werent as good under Arians, a big play was always coming, just looks less likely at the moment. Maybe have to readjust our aims to maybe an 8-8 season with this schedule.

Yup although Lucks stats werent as good under Arians, a big play was always coming, just looks less likely at the moment. Maybe have to readjust our aims to maybe an 8-8 season with this schedule.

They weren't even that much better today than with BA, if any.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

Extremely frustrating game. Odd penalties which should never have been called against us absolutely killed the offence. That "illegal shift" penalty when we were at their 1 yard line was the biggest load of crap.

• Advertisement

DHB having an MRI, hope its not bad or we are really down to the bones out there.

also hate saying this but feel adam v is being overpaid for what he is capable of at his age, could have a better option with a definitely stronger leg for half the cap.

I was ridiculously hungover and tired so I couldn't really concentrate last night!

I thought luck had some bad throws! He was lucky not to have another interception or 2! Fleener did well in Allens absence!

The defence was ok at times!

Ill have to look at it again, although I'm depressed enough at the moment!!!

Actually was it just me or was Donald Browne in for the majority of the final drive last night? He wasn't bad during the game in fairness but why wasn't Bradshaw in!!

Actually was it just me or was Donald Browne in for the majority of the final drive last night? He wasn't bad during the game in fairness but why wasn't Bradshaw in!!

It was Brown. No idea why he was in. He actually gave up the sack on 4th down.

I'm kind of in acceptance of where we are, today. I guess I put a little too much belief in Grigson and Pagano over the summer. I thought some of the signings were questionable, but I trusted they knew what they were doing.

We let a number of guards pass in the free agency, and sold the farm to get Cherilus. I haven't seen anything close to elite from him. DHB isn't in Hilton's league. And Walden... Oh MY GOD!!! Landry and Bradshaw I'm delighted with. We'll see how Werner works out, and I've high hopes for the two O-linemen we picked up.

IMO, the boys had a bad offseason, but had a great one last year, so we'll see. Let's not get too excited or too down. Luck has 15 years ahead of him to win a few rings :) Ultimately we're still rebuilding. Let's not rush that and blow our wad trying to win before we're ready. Another season or two and we're going to be a Seattle or a Denver.

Colts working out former San Diego Chargers WR/KR Richard Goodman, obviously doesnt fancy Williams as the KR.

Just saw there, Landry is leading the league in tackles with 26 -- 3 ahead of second place. The guy is a machine; built like a tank and fast as fcuk.

Dwayne Allen out for the season

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1778709-dwayne-allen-injury-updates-on-colts-tes-hip-surgery

Season is over lads. Might as well regroup and focus on next season. We aren't going anywhere near the playoffs now.

This has been a bad last 7 or 8 days!

• Registered Users Posts: 282 ✭✭The Bogman

looks like a big trade on the way judging by tweets from Jim Irsay, all in the last half hour:

OMG...the Earth is SHAKING!!!!! Shock and AWE is coming VERY SOON!!!!!!!

Colts Nation...are you sitting DOWN!!!!!!

This day of MONSTER TRADE,The Tidal Wave Of Deal making...Shocks the system of "..Didn't see THIS ONE COMING!!!!!!" Grig's Rollin' Dice!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,172 ✭✭✭✭kmart6

Wow Trent Richardson for a 1st round pick!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,317 ✭✭✭HigginsJ

Utter mental trade by the Browns!!!

Em!! Is anyone else really confused by this?

• Registered Users Posts: 282 ✭✭The Bogman

HigginsJ wrote: »
    Utter mental trade by the Browns!!!

Agreed. Typical Browns. Knowing their luck they'll draft a massive QB bust with the pick

Having said that, with the rookie deal luck is on the Colts don't really need first round picks! They'll have enough cap room over the next couple of years to bring in veterans!

Em!! Is anyone else really confused by this?

It makes no sense what so ever. Richardson was a top 5 pick & the Colts prob won't even be picking in the top 10 next year. Richardson has had a slow start this year but this is a bit mental.

Richardson must be laughing. No more 8 men in the box

Colts are certainly commiting to the power run game!

I am not sure this makes me happy!

• Registered Users Posts: 986 ✭✭✭etloveslsd

Browns will want 2 first round picks to trade up to 1 to get Bridgewater, nobody else on the colts is first round talent other than Joe Thomas, but you need a LT if you take a QB.

Doesn't really matter what pick the Colts have, Browns will probably have pick 3 and the Colts pick will sweeten the deal, only problem is the Jags and Raiders will both want a QB.

etloveslsd wrote: »
    Browns will want 2 first round picks to trade up to 1 to get Bridgewater, nobody else on the colts is first round talent other than Joe Thomas, but you need a LT if you take a QB.

Doesn't really matter what pick the Colts have, Browns will probably have pick 3 and the Colts pick will sweeten the deal, only problem is the Jags and Raiders will both want a QB.

I can understand this but they could pick Johnny Football or Tadjh Boyd & paired them with Richardson & Josh Gordon to give them someone to work with.

Browns also had an easy option to get RGIII in the 2012 draft but wouldn't pony up to get him so not sure about this sudden urge for Bridgewater (also a long way between now & next April for Bridgewater to survive)

• Advertisement

I just don't know!

Advertisement