Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Colts Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 986 ✭✭✭etloveslsd

HigginsJ wrote: »
    I can understand this but they could pick Johnny Football or Tadjh Boyd & paired them with Richardson & Josh Gordon to give them someone to work with.

Browns also had an easy option to get RGIII in the 2012 draft but wouldn't pony up to get him so not sure about this sudden urge for Bridgewater (also a long way between now & next April for Bridgewater to survive)

I dont think its sudden. Mike Lombardi has never backed Weeden. They gave him a chance, not a great one but a chance. Chud said today that Weeden was not guaranteed his job back when healthy.

It might not be Bridgewater, i think he would suit the offence Norv wants to play, but they are giving themselves the best chance to get whomever it is they want.

You never know, there could be an injury that the browns know about and want to cash in before its too late.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,317 ✭✭✭HigginsJ

etloveslsd wrote: »
    I dont think its sudden. Mike Lombardi has never backed Weeden. They gave him a chance, not a great one but a chance. Chud said today that Weeden was not guaranteed his job back when healthy.

It might not be Bridgewater, i think he would suit the offence Norv wants to play, but they are giving themselves the best chance to get whomever it is they want.

You never know, there could be an injury that the browns know about and want to cash in before its too late.

I'm sure the Colts would have done alot of tests before completing the trade, especially with his injury history, but I guess we never know.

taidghbaby wrote: »
    I just don't know!

What's troubling you

I'm sure the Colts would have done alot of tests before completing the trade, especially with his injury history, but I guess we never know.

Would they? From watching The Dolphins on hard knocks and the Davis deal, the deal is done before the player knows never mind medicals

etloveslsd wrote: »
    Would they? From watching The Dolphins on hard knocks and the Davis deal, the deal is done before the player knows never mind medicals

When the player arrives he undergoes medicals and the trade can be cancelled if the team not happy (happened earlier this summer but can't remember the player involved)

• Advertisement

When the player arrives he undergoes medicals and the trade can be cancelled if the team not happy (happened earlier this summer but can't remember the player involved)

True, Cornerback from the Buccs, cant remember his name either.

• Registered Users Posts: 168 ✭✭TheBrewMeister

I can understand this but they could pick Johnny Football or Tadjh Boyd & paired them with Richardson & Josh Gordon to give them someone to work with.

Browns also had an easy option to get RGIII in the 2012 draft but wouldn't pony up to get him so not sure about this sudden urge for Bridgewater (also a long way between now & next April for Bridgewater to survive)

That was a completely different Front Office. Richardson was Tom Heckert's pick, and Heckert's gone.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,287 ✭✭✭davyjose

Em!! Is anyone else really confused by this?

I think Grigs has nailed his colours to the mast -- he's a guy who likes to make trades rather than draft.

We've essentially drafted a RB in the first round of the 2014 draft. Let's look at this: we have noelite pass-rusher (sorry Rob), we have no elite MLB, we have no elite linemen in either the D or O, and we're giving up a first round pick for a (so far) underwhelming RB.

Maybe I'd be happier about this if we hadn't lost Dwayne Allen, but I still don't see how we are going to compete this season. So we gave up future success for short term above-averageness,.

I feel the Browns won this.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,746 ✭✭✭taidghbaby

What's troubling you

We're attempting to build a run first and "stop the run" team! It's not what I'd do!!

davyjose wrote: »
    I think Grigs has nailed his colours to the mast -- he's a guy who likes to make trades rather than draft.

We've essentially drafted a RB in the first round of the 2014 draft. Let's look at this: we have noelite pass-rusher (sorry Rob), we have no elite MLB, we have no elite linemen in either the D or O, and we're giving up a first round pick for a (so far) underwhelming RB.

Maybe I'd be happier about this if we hadn't lost Dwayne Allen, but I still don't see how we are going to compete this season. So we gave up future success for short term above-averageness,.

I feel the Browns won this.

Agree with a lot of this! However were in a win now mode, presumably due to Luck being on his rookie deal!

But I think we have too many holes across the roster to be a contender right now!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭Alfred Borden

Love the trade but lot of other areas need help. the line, a receiver a pass rusher are big needs, while we are at it, maybe trade a second or third for help on the line?

I'm warming a little to the trade but still think its shortsighted. Too many years of seeing a team stacked in the skill positions and yet fail because we don't have the protection or the D.

Interestingly we have the first and third picks from last years draft. There's no denying this franchise is determined to win. Irsay is a fan more than a money guy. He's a great owner.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,370 ✭✭✭✭Son Of A Vidic

Pretty gobsmacked to see the Colts give away a first round pick, for a guy who's not a first round pick. I didn't think RB was a priority area for the Colts. Frustrating to watch Luck doing his best last Sunday, only for his O line to let him down badly. It cost you guys the game (not overlooking the bullshít officials of course). If it was my choice it wouldn't have happened. Solid and consistent O line protection is what I think Luck needs. Give him that and he'll do his job real well.

Pretty gobsmacked to see the Colts give away a first round pick, for a guy who's not a first round pick. I didn't think RB was a priority area for the Colts. Frustrating to watch Luck doing his best last Sunday, only for his O line to let him down badly. It cost you guys the game (not overlooking the bullshít officials of course). If it was my choice it wouldn't have happened. Solid and consistent O line protection is what I think Luck needs. Give him that and he'll do his job real well.

I pretty much agree with all of this! Best case scenario is we end up with something similar to the Seahawks which is a very good QB and RB combination!! That's of course if Richardson turns into a good RB!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,324 ✭✭✭PokeHerKing

So lads, will yous cover a 10 point spread against the niners?

Yes. We won't win, but we won't get destroyed.

Difficult one to call!!!

dont think we will

Landry is out for Sunday's game. So we're fcuked. They'll run all over us.

Have just watched the first half of the dolphins game!

So far the run game has looked very good! Bradshaw in particular was very good!

Luck has missed 3 open receivers by my calculations!

The defence gave up big plays on the first two drives that led to td's but since then have pretty much kept the dolphins quite!

I probably would have gone for if on that 4th and 1 where vinateiri missed the FG! Also we never should have let the dolphins get that FG just before halftime! There's a 6 point swing alone!

• Advertisement

angerer and landry ruled out for tomorrow, going to be a bad night i feel.

Raf32 wrote: »
    angerer and landry ruled out for tomorrow, going to be a bad night i feel.

Yeah, we're going to struggle alright. Bethea is questionable too. This could be a massacre.

davyjose wrote: »
    Yeah, we're going to struggle alright. Bethea is questionable too. This could be a massacre.

laptop might be going off at half time!

Is Kavell Connor probable? IMO he's our second best inside line backer after freeman!

Is Kavell Connor probable? IMO he's our second best inside line backer after freeman!

He fully practiced so id say he is ready to go, hopefully!

Raf32 wrote: »
    He fully practiced so id say he is ready to go, hopefully!

Good!! Somebody's gonna get levelled!!

Good!! Somebody's gonna get levelled!!

Ya he is a monster, would have loved to see him and landry tearing it up together

Didnt know we were on Sky Sports 3 tonight, lovely, wont be leaving the couch today!

Vernon Davis is inactive. some good news

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,172 ✭✭✭✭kmart6

Hopefully after this result tonight some of you guys can be a bit more positive about the season and not make it depressing to come in here at times!

Advertisement