Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Colts Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭Alfred Borden

kmart6 wrote: »
    Hopefully after this result tonight some of you guys can be a bit more positive about the season and not make it depressing to come in here at times!

Unbelievable win, defense really stepped it up.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,040 ✭✭✭McG

great performance today all round, especially impressed with the defence :D

Richardson and Bradshaw could be a great backfield pairing too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,094 ✭✭✭TO.

McG wrote: »
    great performance today all round, especially impressed with the defence :D

Richardson and Bradshaw could be a great backfield pairing too.

Just posted something similar in the week 3. The signing of Richardson has lit a fire under Bradshaw. If the two of them get it going that will be some backfield. Been a while since us other AFC team fans have seen the Colts with this kind of balance. Scary thought again :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,746 ✭✭✭taidghbaby

Hopefully after this result tonight some of you guys can be a bit more positive about the season and not make it depressing to come in here at times!

To be fair thats probably mostly me!! I tend to be a bit pessimistic!!

Phenomenal result!!! Haven't seen any of it as I was out drinking!!

Having said that I think it's only right to give criticism where it's due ( or as I see its due!!)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,287 ✭✭✭davyjose

Hey now we're gonna go a full 180: the Dolphins are legit cos they beat the Falcons and we could (should?) have beat them, and we just beat the 49'ers.

SUPER BOWL HERE WE COME WOOOOO!!!!!!!!111ONE

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,172 ✭✭✭✭kmart6

taidghbaby wrote: »
    To be fair thats probably mostly me!! I tend to be a bit pessimistic!!

Phenomenal result!!! Haven't seen any of it as I was out drinking!!

Having said that I think it's only right to give criticism where it's due ( or as I see its due!!)
    Yes, is fair to criticise where its due, but going to town on it saying we're at nothing this year is a bit OTT, and that's not aimed at you that's just been the general attitude here since Week 2.

Davy is right, SB here we come....lolz

Yes, is fair to criticise where its due, but going to town on it saying we're at nothing this year is a bit OTT, and that's not aimed at you that's just been the general attitude here since Week 2.

Davy is right, SB here we come....lolz

In fairness though, last night was atypical of how our D usually perform. There was nothing this week to expect a game like this from them. Our secondary was elite last night and Bradshaw turned in maybe the best rushing game in maybe 5 years in a Colts uniform.
    But that wasn't to be expected after wewk 2.

Colts are fourth in the league in Rushing yards per game.

:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 32,370 ✭✭✭✭Son Of A Vidic

Well lads where do I start. A great win for you guys yesterday, not only did you outplay the 49er's but ye completely out toughed them. I had predicted a 49er's win, but only because I feared for Luck and his protection. The O line cost you guys the win against the Dolphins when you really needed them. So yesterday was a much improved performance by them. That said, I counted at least 4 fairly hefty hits on young Luck, so there is still room for improvement.

I think a lot of people don't realise how big and strong Luck really is. While I generally prefer a franchise QB to stay in his pocket. Luck is a very strong & clever runner. If anything, he probably could throw in another one or two runs during a game because he is deceptively fast.

The most impressive part of yesterday's performance was without any doubt the run game. I have always thought the Giants made a big mistake shipping out Bradshaw. And boy did he prove it yesterday. Looks like the extra competition has a put a bee in his bonnet.

Kudos also to the Colts defense, Kapernick was completely snuffed out. You took away the read option so effectively and if anything, the 49er's are beginning to look quite neutered without it.

I think yesterday's result could potentially do more damage to the 49er's mentally than the Seashawks loss. Now as you guys might know, in the prediction thread, I have the Colts losing to the 49er's in the Superbowl. But if you keep playing like that yesterday, then I think I can safely reverse that result. Assuming the 49er's even get there.

Caught the highlights on sky sports so it's hard to get a great feel for the game!

As much as anything I thought we looked comfortable on both offence and defence which I haven't seen since the changes! At least not that kind of control against a team with the quality of the 49ers!

• Advertisement

Waived Da'Rick Rogers, would have loved to see him stay, thought he looked a player, but his poor disciplinary issues must have cost him.

Raf32 wrote: »
    Waived Da'Rick Rogers, would have loved to see him stay, thought he looked a player, but his poor disciplinary issues must have cost him.

Dunno, he's hardly done anything too bad in his short time there? Brazil is back soon too so he was probably gonna get waived then anyway!

A few facts on our season so far:
    The Colts are making a successful product out of some winning ingredients.
    So far, the Colts are averaging their highest time of possession (31:24) in 16 years, have only turned the ball over once this season and possess a +4 turnover margin, they rank best in the league with only seven penalties, are tied for least amount of punts (11) in the league, rank tied for first in the league with only 1 dropped pass, rank second in the league with eight 10-play drives and best in the league with six 5-minute drives.
    Under Chuck Pagano and quarterback Andrew Luck, the Colts are 6-0 in games immediately following a loss.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,643 ✭✭✭Phoenix Park

Watched the niners game through in full. Great result for the Colts. The one - two RB punch with Bradshaw and TR looked great. Super opening drive albeit with a bit of help as regards penalties given up. The O-Line is improving all the time imo, although some might argue with that. Coby Fleener looked quite slow at times after the catch though ( if I'm allowed throw a negative in!)

Watched the niners game through in full. Great result for the Colts. The one - two RB punch with Bradshaw and TR looked great. Super opening drive albeit with a bit of help as regards penalties given up. The O-Line is improving all the time imo, although some might argue with that. Coby Fleener looked quite slow at times after the catch though ( if I'm allowed throw a negative in!)
    The Oline took a huge step forward alright. Really like the look of Thornton at LG.
    Ah Coby, Coby, Coby... Fleener hasn't come close to fulfilling his potential. Worryingly, for him, Luck doesnt even seem to trust his old college buddy. But that could just be me.

Hilton in a walking boot, no sign of Bradshaw or Landry, big chance for Howell again it seems, worried about the Hilton injury, that trade for TR looks excellent now if Bradshaw is down.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,172 ✭✭✭✭kmart6

Bradshaw out!

Bradshaw was always likely to pick up injuries and miss games!

We were always likely to pick up a RB!!

(Always likely)

Going back over something I talked about before but at the end of the Dolphins game the reason Brown was in at RB is that he is the only one who knows the 2 minute offence (according to Colts reported Tom James)!

Makes sense as Bradshaw had limited practices pre season and didn't play in any of the preseason games!

• Advertisement

Going back over something I talked about before but at the end of the Dolphins game the reason Brown was in at RB is that he is the only one who knows the 2 minute offence (according to Colts reported Tom James)!

Makes sense as Bradshaw had limited practices pre season and didn't play in any of the preseason games!
    wow that doea make a lot of sense. Wonder how none of the so calles experts knew this before whinging about it.
    We should be fine tomorrow without Bradshaw and Francois. Want to see luck have a big game.

Right now I feel our D is better than our O. Sloppy out there at times, but a comfortable win all the same. The D was a stone wall. The 1st and goal stop was savage.

Bjoern Werner out 4-6 weeks with torn Plantar Fascia.
    That's a nasty injury. Closer to 6 I'd say.

Whalen has cleared waivers and is on the practice squad! Surprised someone like the pats haven't had a look at him! He's Wes welker mark II in my opinion!

Fuk it I'm surprised, no pissed we haven't used him more!

Whalen has cleared waivers and is on the practice squad! Surprised someone like the pats haven't had a look at him! He's Wes welker mark II in my opinion!

Fuk it I'm surprised, no pissed we haven't used him more!

Surprised myself but we've bigger needs than receiver right now and Brazil is back.

davyjose wrote: »
    Surprised myself but we've bigger needs than receiver right now and Brazil is back.

Only thing in my mind is that he offers us something the other WRs don't and that's that slot receiver over the middle! Reggie does to a certain extent but all the rest are deeper threats!

Only thing in my mind is that he offers us something the other WRs don't and that's that slot receiver over the middle! Reggie does to a certain extent but all the rest are deeper threats!

I agree and we are seriously lacking on those intermediate routes since Allen went out.
    Edit: it's the biggest gap in our O IMO.

Any word on Landry, Bradshaw and Havilli? Have I missed someone?

davyjose wrote: »
    Any word on Landry, Bradshaw and Havilli? Have I missed someone?

there saying havili out for a week so mightnt be too bad

• Advertisement

just like to know who are the best people to follow on twitter regarding the colts? im following a good few but would like to get a few new ones!

Advertisement