Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Colts Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,746 ✭✭✭taidghbaby

Raf32 wrote: »
    just like to know who are the best people to follow on twitter regarding the colts? im following a good few but would like to get a few new ones!

Stephen holder (espn guy)
    Andrew mishler (stampede blue)
    Nate dunleavy (more comment than news)
    Mike Chappell (local reporter)
    Paul kuharsky (AFC south in general)
    Phillip b Wilson (local)
    Phil Richards (local)
    George bremer (local)
    Tom James (local)
    Brad wells (stampede blue blogger)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭Alfred Borden

taidghbaby wrote: »
    Stephen holder (espn guy)
    Andrew mishler (stampede blue)
    Nate dunleavy (more comment than news)
    Mike Chappell (local reporter)
    Paul kuharsky (AFC south in general)
    Phillip b Wilson (local)
    Phil Richards (local)
    George bremer (local)
    Tom James (local)
    Brad wells (stampede blue blogger)

thank you very much, didnt have a good few of them so sorted now. cant bring myself to follow wells again though :pac:

thank you very much, didnt have a good few of them so sorted now. cant bring myself to follow wells again though :pac:

Haha! Ah he's not too bad in fairness!

Josh Wilson also but I'm not sure if I'm following him:
    http://www.stampedeblue.com/2013/10/2/4788480/andrew-luck-recap-game-four-vs-jaguars

Haha! Ah he's not too bad in fairness!

Josh Wilson also but I'm not sure if I'm following him:
    http://www.stampedeblue.com/2013/10/2/4788480/andrew-luck-recap-game-four-vs-jaguars

ah he is way too overbearing sometimes, go through stages of following and unfollowing him haha! Josh is brilliant and that article is top notch, thanks for sharing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,287 ✭✭✭davyjose

Was just gonna say that. Guy is a bit of a troll.

• Advertisement

davyjose wrote: »
    Was just gonna say that. Guy is a bit of a troll.

thought he was a parody at one stage lol

thought he was a parody at one stage lol

Haha!!

To be fair I think he's bipolar at times!

Jim Irsay rules

• Advertisement

Jim Irsay rules

Did he get a ring from the Baltimore days, or is that his dad's?

Either way, I doubt too many folk from Baltimore will relish that pic.

So....who's looking forward to Sunday???

For my money Reggie is the most polished WR in the league! He mightn't have the physical gifts of a Megatron or AJ or Larry Fitz, but if you look at some of the articles analysing Reggie he really is fantastic! Presumably Seattle will match Sherman up against so that'll be interesting to watch!

I expect to see a lot of running plays again! T-rich is gonna have a huge workload!

No word on our injuries yet (Landry & RJF)! Bradshaw is presumably out!

We are really gonna miss Allen today! I expect to see Fleener get a lot of targets!

This game is gonna show how far we've come!

Reggie haa the best hands in the league. I've said so before. I'd put him up against anyone else in the NFL.

Reggie haa the best hands in the league. I've said so before. I'd put him up against anyone else in the NFL.

Yeah I'd probably agree with that!

The way he runs his routes are a thing of beauty in my opinion! Everyone loves big hits, and monster catches and side steps that make defenders look stupid but this kind of movement is up there for me:

Week4wayneTD.gif

Does anyone else think Reggie is underrated? Certainly not by Colts fans, but maybe by fans of other teams! For me he is one of my favourite Colts in my short history of following them!

The thing is that he just turns up, does amazing things....and no one is surprised! It's almost expected of him! For me the mark of a great player (in any sport) is that they make things look easy! He doesn't get that many highlight reel catches because he doesn't have to! He's where he should be, at the right time, catches the ball and moves on! No fuss! No acrobatics! Just reliability!

I presume most have seen it but if you get a chance to look at the packers game from last year you will see a master class in WR play!

It'll be a sad day for the Colts and the NFL as a whole when Reggie retires!

Week5WayneRoutea.gif

Kyle Rodriguez is another to follow on twitter (colts authority Kyle)

He's the one making the gifs!

Another example of Reggie's awesomeness against arguably the best CB in the league! I remember seeing this at the time and thinking that was a great move!

Kyle is a great follow, was doing mock drafts with him in March and April over Twitter. Very good guy.
    If we beat Broncos in two weeks, we would have beat the three big boys in just over a month. Would be amazing.

I re-watched the Seahawks game the other night! We started very poorly (everything) but the second half display was exceptional for the most part! Some of my thoughts on the players/units!

Luck: unbelievable! I don't care how many yards he threw for! As far as I'm concerned you can FRO if your gonna trot out stats to analyse a performance (by all means use them as part of the analysis)! He had 2 balls dropped in the first three drives that would have been 1st downs, when we were really struggling to get anything going! The 2 TD passes were fantastic! You could write pages on how good he was!

Running backs: Richardson was poor again! He got no help in the first half from the o-line! To me he looks slower than he did in college! Doesn't seem to have the same acceleration, and also makes bad decisions when running! He did make some very important plays (the block for the 1st TD and some big runs in the second half)! Browne on the other hand looks like a new player this year! Appears to be (sorry for the cliche) running angry! Im pleasantly surprised and happy for him (I am one of his biggest critics on here!)! Cynical me wonders if this is anything to do with him being on the last year of his Rookie deal!!

Receivers:
    Reggie - one surprising drop but the usual class after that! TY - does what we know TY can do! Can outrun defenders and that acrobatic catch on the last TD drive was brilliant! DHB - very poor with a bad drop! Having said that the Seahwaks CB's match up well against him so I'm not gonna be too critical of him! Fleener - quite but two catches on third down that resulted in first downs so again I can't be too critical! He has been better since Allen went out!

Defence:
    Poor start but got better as the game went along! Mathis is playing well this year (and did well Sunday) but it's noticable how far up the field he was rushing and leaving lanes for Wilson to take off - of course this may not have been his fault! Redding did well again!
    Freeman was excellent again! Is he the best FA pick up during Grigsons tenure? I'd say so! Also noticable how much Conner was on the field! I think he's ahead of Angerer in the pecking order!
    The defensive backs were a bit shaky, Toler in particular! Although with the game in the balance they allude some great plays! Howell missed far too many tackles, tackles that Landry wouldn't have missed! Howell has done well but we need Landry back!

Overall the spirit shown was fantastic! I love the never give up attitude they shown! Plenty to improve on going forward but if you had offered me 4-1 at the start of the season I'd have taken it! Especially with the 49ers and Seahwaks in the first five games!

Great review Taidgh. There's a good article on Colts Authority where they highlight the defensive back's shaky play. In fact, the pick was actually blown coverage, but Wilson underthrew it escaping from the pass rushers. http://www.coltsauthority.com/2013-articles/october/abridged-all-22-defense-week-5-vs-seahawks.html

As for Luck, he was fantastic. The two-point conversion was incredible. Throwing across his body on the run. He's got it all. I can't think of one area in which he's truly lacking. Also, his QBR on third down is 97.6. Perfect is 100. I'm not sure if it's the best measurement of a QB's ability, but let's be honest, QB rating isn't perfectt either.

I think that 97.6 is on 3rd down?

Tough game (presumably) this week! I haven't seen the chargers this year but from what I've heard and read they are playing well and rivers is playing better than he has in years! Thinking back to the Peyton era I can only remember ever getting beaten by the chargers! I hope that's not an omen!

• Advertisement

I think that 97.6 is on 3rd down?

Tough game (presumably) this week! I haven't seen the chargers this year but from what I've heard and read they are playing well and rivers is playing better than he has in years! Thinking back to the Peyton era I can only remember ever getting beaten by the chargers! I hope that's not an omen!

I know. It sucked. SD were a major thorn in the side.

Oops, yeah I meant on third down.

Havilli and RJF likely to return for Monday. Still no word on Landry. Is this guy going to return anytime soon?

Havilli and RJF likely to return for Monday. Still no word on Landry. Is this guy going to return anytime soon?

Landry is next week I think!

Watched the Stanford game and I must say if we could somehow get Ty Montgomery, we would be set at WR for years, phenomenal player.

So far this year we've played 3 of the most mobile QB's in the NFL, and have fared relatively badly! The next 2 weeks (including tonight) we face the complete opposite in Rivers and Manning!

I checked (seen on a blog) and we've lost 5 of the last 6 against the chargers! I can't really guess how the defence is going to play tonight cuz this is a completely different test to anything we've faces so far!

I've no concerns for the offence!

• Registered Users Posts: 15,172 ✭✭✭✭kmart6

Shame we have Denver next, huge possibility of dropping to 4-3

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,654 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

Unlucky there by the colts

kmart6 wrote: »
    Shame we have Denver next, huge possibility of dropping to 4-3

It's the kind of game we need IMO. A game we're expected to lose, but might win.

We are such an inconsistent team, it's sickening.

Heyward Bay is not good enough. Simple as. That dropped long pass would have changed the entire game. He's too anonymous, and when he's not, he's got fcuking teflon hands.

Gruden said it was an overthrown pass but that's crazy. A WR needs to catch those. We're talking an inch or two overthrown. The fcuking variables involved in making that play are too extreme for the WR just to run with his eyes closed and his hands out.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,880 ✭✭✭✭Rock Lesnar

I know Richardson is the main man there but i cant understand why Donald Brown does not get more carries, he had a good season in 2011 and only for injuries he could've been very productive last year, His pass protection is a bit iffy but when he carries he does fairly well, think he gets roughly 4-5 yards a carry. Maybe i'm wrong but i just think he deserves more chances then he's getting

Advertisement