Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Colts Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,746 ✭✭✭taidghbaby

Colts should trade Luck to the Jags for MJD!

• Registered Users Posts: 38,373 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

taidghbaby wrote: »
    Colts should trade Luck to the Jags for MJD!
    What insane reason made you decide to post that? Its not funny, its not realistic, please give me a good reason for you suggesting that?

• Registered Users Posts: 38,373 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

I know Richardson is the main man there but i cant understand why Donald Brown does not get more carries, he had a good season in 2011 and only for injuries he could've been very productive last year, His pass protection is a bit iffy but when he carries he does fairly well, think he gets roughly 4-5 yards a carry. Maybe i'm wrong but i just think he deserves more chances then he's getting
    You answered it yourself there, pass protection. He is awful at it. Basically you put him in and its more than likely a running play. He is not good after the catch either so you don't want him on the field for anything other than running plays because you just have a guy thats not going to help the offense otherwise. And of course when you have a guy like that who can do nothing else you are just telling the defense what you plan is.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭Alfred Borden

Get the feeling the injuries especially to Allen and Bradshaw are catching up on us, massive players to be losing. Least Landry should be back next week. Fleener needs to step it up, DHB isnt good enough to be in over Hilton, and the sooner we see the back of Satele and McGlynn, the better.

eagle eye wrote: »
    What insane reason made you decide to post that? Its not funny, its not realistic, please give me a good reason for you suggesting that?

Let me see....was it the play calling throughout last nights game? No, maybe it's the power football philosophy! No it could be the decision to go for a field goal when down by 10 late in the 4th or the decision to punt on 4th and 2!

They got away with the field goal when the chargers went 3 and out, but that punt on 4th down was ridiculous! You have Andrew Luck at QB and you decide to put the outcome of the game on a defence that was decimated by injuries and getting abused by the Chargers up to the redzone!

Pagano has been very poor at game management so far this year!

But to get back to your original point do I think the Colts should trade Luck....of course I don't! But tell me this would Belichik take the ball out of Brady's hands? Would Fox take it out of Mannings? Would McCarthy take it out of Rodgers? Would Payton take it out of Breese's? Jesus would Arians have taken it out of Lucks last year? I think you'll find the answer to all of the above is a resounding no!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,880 ✭✭✭✭Rock Lesnar

eagle eye wrote: »
    You answered it yourself there, pass protection. He is awful at it.

Is Richardson any better?, you'll obviously know more then me, but looking at them, Richardson doesnt look any better then Brown at that side of the game, and Brown looks better with ball in hand.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,299 ✭✭✭spiralism

"In an interview with Jarret Bell of USA Today, Irsay eventually boils the departure of Peyton down to one fact: Irsay preferred to chase team achievements, not individual ones.

“We’ve changed our model a little bit, because we wanted more than one of these,” Irsay said, referring to his Super Bowl XLI ring. “[Tom] Brady never had consistent numbers, but he has three of these. Pittsburgh had two, the Giants had two, Baltimore had two and we had one. That leaves you frustrated.

“You make the playoffs 11 times, and you’re out in the first round seven out of 11 times. You love to have the Star Wars numbers from Peyton and Marvin [Harrison] and Reggie [Wayne]. Mostly, you love this.”

And again, Irsay pointed to the ring"

You would have thought Irsay would know Peyton well enough not to say something like this but there you go..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,287 ✭✭✭davyjose

spiralism wrote: »
    You would have thought Irsay would know Peyton well enough not to say something like this but there you go..

This probably was said months ago. But is getting brought up now.

Peyton would agree with him though. In part of that interview, Irsay states that Manning encouraged them to go for Luck in the draft. Peyton knew his championship window had shut in Indy. And Irsay knows that it'll be three or four years from now, when he gets his second ring. After Peyton's retired.

Is Richardson any better?, you'll obviously know more then me, but looking at them, Richardson doesnt look any better then Brown at that side of the game, and Brown looks better with ball in hand.

Everyone is better at pass protection than Donald Brown, but I agree. We run it a lot now anyway. Brown is repeatedly getting yards. 7.8 ypc this season! Why not give him 8 or 9 carries?

If our O-line was even adequate, this wouldn't be an issue anyway.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,929 ✭✭✭JaMarcus Hustle

No discussion on Donald Brown's pass blocking abilities is complete without this video.

• Advertisement

Pretty emotional

Can someone wake me when the game starts Sunday evening?

To be fair though there were many good reasons to keep Peyton and any to cut him! From my point of view we did the right thing in cutting him and going with Luck!

Doesn't mean I don't love Peyton for what he did for us, nor would there be any bitterness towards him if he were to win a ring with the Broncos!

Both parties have moved on! I still (obviously) keep an eye out to see how goes and am delighted to see him do well.........

......but on Sunday I hope he ****ing looses!!!!!!!!!

And to end my thoughts on this "controversy" I presume most of it comes from ESPN! They employ Skip Bayless as a "sports broadcaster"! Enough said really!

And sorry (this is definitely the last) but if anyone thinks that Irsay doesn't love Manning or thanks his lucky stars for every minute that Manning was a colt needs there head examined!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,199 ✭✭✭Justin10

Are Israys comments not spot on? Or is that just me?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,444 ✭✭✭Dohnny Jepp

Rochey18 wrote: »

I think he's way off, don't want offend anyone here but Manning kept the colts relevant through periods when the colts had as good as no defence and no oline. The last few years before the neck injury in particular.

I reckon the statement was taken out of context cause it's not like him

Rochey18 wrote: »

I think it was more a self-examination than anything. He knows they wasted years putting up great offenses, but not the Special Teams or Defense to go with it (except for one year). It's a fair assessment. And he's happy to put that on himself.

He's a great owner, but his one flaw is his mouth. This shouldn't have been said the way it was. That's why large companies have PR's. But either way, it makes no difference to the team. Manning is a Bronco now. He's a rival, and we'll be facing him Sunday night, whether those comments were said or not.

Landry and Freeman cleared for Sunday.

Could have used Landry last Sunday. I think at least half their 3rd down conversions would have been snuffed out. Essentially game-changing.

Butler is questionable. We need him at his best against Welker.

Game day morning (afternoon)

I would literally kill to be in Lucas oil today!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

taidghbaby wrote: »
    Game day morning (afternoon)

I would literally kill to be in Lucas oil today!

It'll be emotional I'd say. First Sunday Night Football game the Colts have been involved in, in bloody ages.

Roof open tonight apparently. Somebody doesn't want Peyton to feel too comfortable.

davyjose wrote: »
    Roof open tonight apparently. Somebody doesn't want Peyton to feel too comfortable.

Cant wait for this match

• Registered Users Posts: 15,172 ✭✭✭✭kmart6

Win=Great, Bed/Sleep=Fantastic, Up for work in 2 hours=Horrific! Worth it though!!

Watched an abridged version on Gamepass this morning (without knowing the score). What a fantastic win. 5-2 ointo the bye. Looking very good for the playoffs. Happy days!!!

Can't believe we've beaten Denver, Seattle and SF. That's Super Bowl potential there. Hope Reggie's ok for the next game. He has an extra week. I still don't think playing in Houston is a gimme, but if we win that the division is ours for the taking.

XMQqQsQ.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 5,146 ✭✭✭Morrisseeee

Great game, congrats on the win lads. Two big mistakes from us, Holiday & Hillman, (insert a load of expletives!) let's just hope they have 'finally' learned their lesson !! I'm not too disappointed with the loss, I always think you learn more from a loss than a win, and hopefully it'll stand to us later in the season.

Anyway, lets hope we meet again ;)

Adam Schefter ‏@AdamSchefter 4m
    Colts fear WR Reggie Wayne tore his ACL, as @mortreport reported. Will be an MRI to confirm if true.
    very bad news if true

• Advertisement

If it is an ACL then that's the 4th first choice player gone from out offence!

Advertisement