Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Colts Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 32,370 ✭✭✭✭Son Of A Vidic

davyjose wrote: »
    Can't believe we've beaten Denver, Seattle and SF. That's Super Bowl potential there.

What did I say in the prediction thread? :pac:

Terrible news about Reggie Wayne if true. Almost hard believe the guy will miss a game. Great win for you guys last night and thoroughly deserved. Luck is such a tremendous talent. When I see Manning and Brady now getting on in years, I see Andrew as the one young QB that could follow in their very big footsteps. He's a cut above the rest imo.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,746 ✭✭✭taidghbaby

If Reggie is out we need to get a WR! Of course we've already traded our 1st pick next year!

To be fair though you cannot predict the future!

• Registered Users Posts: 15,172 ✭✭✭✭kmart6

Confirmed that Reggie tore his ACL, out for the season obviously, and worst thing is that could be his career over!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,287 ✭✭✭davyjose

Absolute disaster. Wouldve been happier losing last night and keeping Reggie.

taidghbaby wrote: »
    If Reggie is out we need to get a WR! Of course we've already traded our 1st pick next year!

Hackeem Nicks?

• Advertisement

Hackeem Nicks?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭Alfred Borden

Looks like a toss up between Nicks and Gordon

Andrew Luck voted AFC player of the week.

Well, what did ye think of last night! First 2 and a half quarters were awful! The last one and a half were the Luck and Hilton show!!

O-line was terrible! Pushed around by the Texans but then the Texans do have one of the best front 7's in football IMO even without Cushing! Defence was also terrible across the board until the final quarter too!!

The coaches got very lucky too IMO!! I don't give them any real credit for the win! Hamilton had a horrendous night! I cannot understand why they didn't move to the hurry up with Luck in the shotgun! It's what got us back into the game against the Seahawks and from what I can remember it's how the Pats have put up big scores on the Texans! Keep the Texans on the back foot and get the ball out quick, and in turn help the O-line! In fairness to manusky the defence made some good plays in the final quarter!

So 6-2 after playing the 49ers, the Seahwaks, the broncos and the Texans in Reliant!! Should push on now and won the division!!

• Advertisement

It's starting to get to the point where we need to look toward taking second or third seed in the playoffs, i.e. avoid the chiefs or Broncos. Having said that I think we can beat the Chiefs if we can get a bit of cohesion in our interior line. Last night was a disgrace as far as our interior line goes.

What is holding Khaled Holmes back from starting at Center, does anyone know?

A graph of the win probability during last nights game. http://live.advancednflstats.com/index.php?gameid1=2013110310

With 11 minutes to go, we had a 3% chance of winning.

davyjose wrote: »
    It's starting to get to the point where we need to look toward taking second or third seed in the playoffs, i.e. avoid the chiefs or Broncos. Having said that I think we can beat the Chiefs if we can get a bit of cohesion in our interior line. Last night was a disgrace as far as our interior line goes.

What is holding Khaled Holmes back from starting at Center, does anyone know?

i think he is injued, not sure, would be a massive upgrade on satele

Austin Collie released from the Pats, sign him up

Raf32 wrote: »

This should be a no-brainer. A step above DHB and Brazill IMO

• Registered Users Posts: 32,370 ✭✭✭✭Son Of A Vidic

Raf32 wrote: »

Unfortunately Collie injured his knee on Sunday and might be out for awhile. He's a good kid and had a fine Clutch performance against the Saints. The general feeling amongst Pats fans is he's been released to get healthy and then we'll sign him up again. Unless of course you guys strike first.

http://www.stampedeblue.com/2013/11/6/5066774/andrew-luck-recap-game-eight-vs-texans

I love Lucks comebacks as much as the next guy but I'd prefer a few less roller coasters thanks!!

http://www.stampedeblue.com/2013/11/6/5066774/andrew-luck-recap-game-eight-vs-texans

I love Lucks comebacks as much as the next guy but I'd prefer a few less roller coasters thanks!!

6 drops is the big thing I took from that. Far, far too many.

Oh.....Trent! Open your eyes!

Very disappointing performance today, just weren't at the races. Really have to wonder about the blown call by the officials on the Fleener hit and what affect it could have had on the game if the Colts drive had continued! 3 very big calls gone against us in the last 2 games that have led to 3 TD's for the opposition.

• Advertisement

Although they blew that call, we were rubbish and deservedly were beat out the gate

Oh no doubt we were rubbish, but a TD on that drive could have woke them the hell up, instead they had to look at another incorrect call go against them and it continued to spiral downhill from there!

So I guess I choose a good game to miss then!!

Indeed, Thursday is now super important, need to get back on track on general and take the division!

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,654 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

kmart6 wrote: »
    Indeed, Thursday is now super important, need to get back on track on general and take the division!

Yep.. a win for the Titans would have made thursday a crucial game for both teams, but now you guys are still 2 games ahead.

I think you'll win anyway,Locker will be out

After our first two losses we had our 2 best performances of the season! Going by this logic I expect us to beat the titans by 100!

I wonder what the chances of us picking up an old Stanford grad, Jonathan Martin and seeing if we can slot him in at right guard. It's clutching at straws, but that's where we're at.

As for Khaled Holmes, he needs to be put on IR if injured, or Waived if he's not good enough to start ahead of Satele. Simple as.

Am watching the game now (I know stupidity!) but so far after 2 offensive series there have been 3 power runs up the middle and each time the RB has been hit behind the line of scrimmage! The interior of our line is very very very bad! And that might be even understating it!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,040 ✭✭✭McG

The Jaguars and Cardinals did us huge favours yesterday so that the loss to Rams doesn't affect things much. A bounce back performance on Thursday could give us an even more comfortable cushion on top of the AFC South... a loss would make would make things more "interesting"

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 372 ✭✭ChicagoJoe

One week the Colts can shock everyone and the next they play like they are the worst team in the NFL. The Colts should be aiming to get Richardson a minimum of 20 rushes a game I reckon.

Advertisement