Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Colts Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 32,370 ✭✭✭✭Son Of A Vidic

Pretty shocked to see you guys getting beaten like that. Luck harried and hit too much for me liking yesterday. Having no run game did not help matters at all. Protecting Luck and getting the run going starts with the O line and from what I saw yesterday, that area is still giving you problems. But I expect you guys to bounce back and beat the Titans.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,746 ✭✭✭taidghbaby

Took me 3 days to watch the game but I eventually finished! To be honest a lot of the problems have been the same all year: poor power run game ; bad o-line play ; strange play calls ; receivers dropping passes ; poor kick returning!

Large pass plays were an issue last week and this! Interceptions this week and the big punt return were new ones too!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭Alfred Borden

taidghbaby wrote: »
    Took me 3 days to watch the game but I eventually finished! To be honest a lot of the problems have been the same all year: poor power run game ; bad o-line play ; strange play calls ; receivers dropping passes ; poor kick returning!

Large pass plays were an issue last week and this! Interceptions this week and the big punt return were new ones too!

If I see David Reed take it out deep in the endzone to the 10 yard line one more time ill lose it :pac:

Raf32 wrote: »
    If I see David Reed take it out deep in the endzone to the 10 yard line one more time ill lose it :pac:

He's gonna break one out....any minute now!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,395 ✭✭✭✭mikemac1

David Reed led the league to average yds per kick return in 2010 :)
    That includes a 103yd kick return for a score.

He did pretty much nothing the next two years in Baltimore and fumbled two returns in the same game!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,654 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

Titans by 3.. You heard it here first!!

Titans by 3.. You heard it here first!!

sounds like wishful thinking :pac:

Do people realise we have the three worse rated interior linemen in pass protection in the league in their positions?

Do people realise we have the three worse rated interior linemen in pass protection in the league in their positions?

didnt doubt satele and mcglynn

• Registered Users Posts: 1,444 ✭✭✭Dohnny Jepp

sounds like wishful thinking :pac:

He means titans will lose by 3 touchdowns! Come on Heli you know as well as I do how this goes!

• Advertisement

didnt doubt satele and mcglynn

Thornton is the worst!!! He started promisingly too!

I really didnt know he was that bad, slack seems to be thrown at the other too, Thomas injury was very unfortunate, meant Thornton had to see the field a lot more in his rookie year, line is such a massive problem.

I really didnt know he was that bad, slack seems to be thrown at the other too, Thomas injury was very unfortunate, meant Thornton had to see the field a lot more in his rookie year, line is such a massive problem.

He's given up the most hits of any lineman this year! (Not a perfect stat I know!) but yes you are right in an ideal situation he wouldn't have had to play so much this year! Thornton was a massive loss and probably we (well I anyway) didn't realise how much at the time! They also look badly coached with guys getting untouched to Luck and the RB's in the backfield!

He's given up the most hits of any lineman this year! (Not a perfect stat I know!) but yes you are right in an ideal situation he wouldn't have had to play so much this year! Thornton was a massive loss and probably we (well I anyway) didn't realise how much at the time! They also look badly coached with guys getting untouched to Luck and the RB's in the backfield!

totally agreed the coaching should come under serious scrutiny during the off season or Luck is going to get badly hurt. I think we are missing Allen,Ballard and Bradshaw in pass protection who are all excellent blockers, but Luck does hold on a little bit too long sometimes.

totally agreed the coaching should come under serious scrutiny during the off season or Luck is going to get badly hurt. I think we are missing Allen,Ballard and Bradshaw in pass protection who are all excellent blockers, but Luck does hold on a little bit too long sometimes.

Yeah there's lots of reasons in fairness! And some of it is on Luck! Still were 6-3 and if we win tonight we go 7-3, 3-0 in the division, 3 games ahead of second place and 3 home division games left!

Yeah there's lots of reasons in fairness! And some of it is on Luck! Still were 6-3 and if we win tonight we go 7-3, 3-0 in the division, 3 games ahead of second place and 3 home division games left!

yup a win tonight and one foot in the playoffs so lets not complain too much :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,287 ✭✭✭davyjose

To be fair, he's a Rookie with possibly the least envious beginning to an NFL career you could imagine. At least he shows promise, which is more than you could say for the other two.

Up against a yough front 7 tonight -- a solid all-round D. Expecting a close one.

davyjose wrote: »
    To be fair, he's a Rookie with possibly the least envious beginning to an NFL career you could imagine. At least he shows promise, which is more than you could say for the other two.

Up against a yough front 7 tonight -- a solid all-round D. Expecting a close one.
    Certainly! As I said I thought he started well, but has regressed! Having Satele beside him isn't a great help either! And the plan was never to have him play as much as he's had to in fairness!

To win tonight we need a big game from the defense! We need at least 2 more turnovers than the Titans at least I fear!

too many duds in this team to be a serious contender this year like mcglynn, satele, DHB, reed, etc.

too many duds in this team to be a serious contender this year like mcglynn, satele, DHB, reed, etc.

Totally. Really don't want to see any of those guys back next year.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,172 ✭✭✭✭kmart6

7&3...that is all!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,880 ✭✭✭✭Rock Lesnar

I've said here before and i'll say it again, give Donald Brown more action.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,040 ✭✭✭McG

I've said here before and i'll say it again, give Donald Brown more action.

it's getting harder and harder to ignore the fact that he's the RB that's actually producing at the moment. it'd be interesting to see if he'd be as good as the #1 back

• Registered Users Posts: 11,880 ✭✭✭✭Rock Lesnar

McG wrote: »
    it's getting harder and harder to ignore the fact that he's the RB that's actually producing at the moment. it'd be interesting to see if he'd be as good as the #1 back

No harm to give him a shot at it, didnt he have a decent run in 2011?, then he got injured last season and Ballard took over, he's the man in form now, should stick with him

Everything you see from Richardson now was Brown for the last 4 years, with the odd big run or pass play thrown in which Richardson doesn't have the speed for! I was certainly very wrong with my assessment of Browne at the start of this year, however this is a contract year and it has been known to happen that players have their best seasons in contract years!

Though not to take anything away from Browne he has been by far out best RB this year!

All Lucks touchdowns this season so far

For Jesus ****ing Christ sake!

For Jesus ****ing Christ sake!

Whalen? I know. Meanwhile DHB keeps his place.

davyjose wrote: »
    Whalen? I know. Meanwhile DHB keeps his place.

David Reed is even worse IMO! 5 WR's on the roster! 4 TE's! Only 1 full back! Could surely fit another 1 or 2 FB's in there!

• Advertisement

David Reed is even worse IMO! 5 WR's on the roster! 4 TE's! Only 1 full back! Could surely fit another 1 or 2 FB's in there!

I agree, Reed is worse, but DHB is only in by virtue of his contract size. Can't wait to see the back of him.
    Hoping Da'rick can so the business or it'll be a short postseason.

Advertisement